Congrats Sanity!

85 Night Elf Hunter
You have passed Juice and are now #1 on Ally side and 3rd overall on the server in terms of 10 man progression. Keep up the good work.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
02/11/2011 6:36 AMPosted by Curufingon
3rd overall on the server in terms of 10 man progression.

I think they're actually second? If we're talking strictly 10-man, the only guild ahead of them is <Every Tasty Bite>. Unless you're still counting BTQH. 'Cuz CP is just 25's, no?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Also, grats fellers! We're killing Al'Akir on Monday.

Race you to Nefarian? ;]
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Also, grats fellers! We're killing Al'Akir on Monday.

Race you to Nefarian? ;]

On your mark... get set... PEW PEW!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/11/2011 7:46 AMPosted by Exin
'Cuz CP is just 25's, no?

Pretty much. We had a group doing some 10s outside of guild raid nights early on but a this point those players (myself included) value their weekend nights more. I don't blame them.

One of these days we'll go take some shots at Al Akir however the interest level for that appears to be comparable to RS trash back in WotLK.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
02/11/2011 9:09 AMPosted by Svicious
One of these days we'll go take some shots at Al Akir however the interest level for that appears to be comparable to RS trash back in WotLK.

When you do, you'll kill it. If it's anything like 10-man, it's wildly easy. We put in about 30 minutes of reps on it 2 weeks ago, and were having no problem getting past the "hard" part (not hard). Then took a couple weeks off for personnel stuff. This week, had about 30 minutes to put into it after C'g; spent like half of it miss-pulling the boss (protip: don't buff on the boss platform).

Anyway. Finishing him up and getting some looks at Nefarian this week. No idea what we're gonna do for tank #3 though. Fun mechanic, Blizz : /
Edited by Exin on 2/11/2011 10:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Yeah, we got Al'Akir down and I hope we'll never go back there ever again. Stupid @%%#ing RNG mechanics mixed with some questionable raider awareness is not a good thing.

Nefarian isn't making me happy at all.
Edited by Bockscar on 2/11/2011 10:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
02/11/2011 10:32 AMPosted by Bockscar
Nefarian isn't making me happy at all.

Hey lover, what's your raid comp for Nef?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Hey lover, what's your raid comp for Nef?

Had to check WoL because I don't remember.

As of last night it was Fury Warrior, Enhance Shaman, hunter, lock, Frost DK, Prot Pally, Holy Pally, Disc Priest and myself as a Resto Druid.

But that can/will probably change, as we haven't had one consistently-online raid comp since the expac. (We just got A Class Act last night from a mage.)

And why wouldn't you let me go down on you?
Edited by Bockscar on 2/11/2011 2:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
02/11/2011 6:36 AMPosted by Curufingon
You have passed Juice and are now #1 on Ally side and 3rd overall on the server in terms of 10 man progression. Keep up the good work.

I believe there is no difference between 10 and 25 man. (considering 10 of 100 top guilds are 10 man progression and blizzard is nerfing 10 man raids) Good Job Sanity
Edited by Sageoff on 2/11/2011 3:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin

Anyway. Finishing him up and getting some looks at Nefarian this week. No idea what we're gonna do for tank #3 though. Fun mechanic, Blizz : /

Yea, I don't know any decent tanks that might be available...
Edited by Balian on 2/11/2011 5:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You mean they are #1 on Alliance and #2 on server.

Clarifying 10 or 25 means nothing.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
02/11/2011 5:02 PMPosted by Balian
Yea, I don't know any decent tanks that might be available...

Ohsnap. I totally didn't even think about that.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
02/11/2011 3:53 PMPosted by Sageoff

I believe there is no difference between 10 and 25 man. (considering 10 of 100 top guilds are 10 man progression and blizzard is nerfing 10 man raids) Good Job Sanity

If only the rest of the WoW world agreed with you.
Reply Quote
Grats Sanity! But Totally 4th now! 10-man weekend raid (alts/pugs raid) is #1 on the server now! Nef down.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
You mean they are #1 on Alliance and #2 on server.

Clarifying 10 or 25 means nothing.

Keep telling yourself that.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Since ive cleared 12/12 in 10 and 25, and heroic halfus 10/25.. 25mans are a joke. 10man heroic halfus was incredibly difficult, where 25man was faceroll. I wouldn't say that w/ regular because all the fights were easy, but still comparing 10 to 25.. 10s require much more skill from each individual where 25 just requires you to play average at best

Edit: I think this is was has been debated earlier right? not knocking on chain pull, 25mans suck to orchestrate but worth the free loot
Edited by Theholybamf on 2/13/2011 5:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Since ive cleared 12/12 in 10 and 25, and heroic halfus 10/25.. 25mans are a joke. 10man heroic halfus was incredibly difficult, where 25man was faceroll. I wouldn't say that w/ regular because all the fights were easy, but still comparing 10 to 25.. 10s require much more skill from each individual where 25 just requires you to play average at best

Edit: I think this is was has been debated earlier right? not knocking on chain pull, 25mans suck to orchestrate but worth the free loot

This has always been the case with 10 mans. In 10 you need 10 solid players and if 1 person dies earlier, unless you overgear the place, you're going to wipe. 25s, minus the top end guilds, you always end up carrying a few and if a couple people die early, many times you can still down the boss. As you said the issue has been orchestrating 25s. Trying to tell the guy with the Pentium 4, 256 MB of RAM and a 1 MB DSL connection not to stand in fire is like asking Eberle not to spam his Defender of the Shattered World title all over trade.

This has been the hardest tier of raiding Blizzard has ever produced. It took 6.5 weeks with no gating before the best guilds in the world full cleared all the content and look at our own server. Only 1 guild has even gotten to hard modes, it was only on 10 man and they just lost their core group of players. Chain Pull has only done 8/12 on 25 mans and have progressed the rest on 10 man. To say blanketly that 25s are easier than 10s is like saying that indoor soccer or arena football takes more skill than their original outdoor full team versions. Sure you have to react quicker and if you screw up the other team will capitalize sooner in indoor but Full outdoor versions are the original and best. At the top levels it's were the skill level and organizational level are highest, not unlike WoW.
Edited by Curufingon on 2/13/2011 8:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
02/13/2011 5:48 AMPosted by Theholybamf
Since ive cleared 12/12 in 10 and 25, and heroic halfus 10/25.. 25mans are a joke.

Duly noted; suspicions confirmed.

02/13/2011 7:48 AMPosted by Curufingon
To say blanketly that 25s are easier than 10s is like saying that indoor soccer or arena football takes more skill than their original outdoor full team versions.

That's because they do...

Sure you have to react quicker and if you screw up the other team will capitalize sooner in indoor (10's)

^ fact, with logical basis.

but full outdoor versions (25's) are the original and best.

^ opinion, with no logical basis.

just sayin'

<3
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Exin I do not disagree that my statements are subjective but I think most would agree that the skill level of players in the NFL is > that of the AFL, FIFA > any indoor soccer league around the world, and the skill level of Paragon, Method, Ensidia, Vodka, For the Horde, Premonition etc.... is > that of any 10 man guild. Therefore there is a logical basis to my statements based on empirical data.

Further, the reason I believe 25s are harder is not that they take more skill but because they take more organization. The same way the NFL and FIFA take more organization than their indoor counterparts.

Another example is the North vs the South in the American Civil War. The South had the more skilled generals but the North won in the end because they were better organized, had better supplies, more troops and overall better logistics. The same can be said for the Allies versus the Axis powers in World War II. I can continue the argument with the Roman army. For roughly 400 years the Roman Legions were the most powerful military force in the world because they were the best organized, not because their military had the most talent.

Organization is the most difficult part of any successful entity. Further, an entity with good organization attracts the most skilled individuals because they want to succeed.
Edited by Curufingon on 2/13/2011 10:46 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]