What's typical in a Rampage battleground?

1 Human Mage
Does either Alliance or Horde seem to win more often? Does one side seem to be more dominant in the areas of healing or cc?

In my last battlegroup Nightfall, the Alliance almost always had 2-4 healers. The horde were lucky to get 1 or 2. Many times there were very few decent horde players, and the one or two good players could usually do nothing against the other team with multiple healers sticking together.

The games were pretty evenly match if horde had enough decent players, as they were able coordinate enough burst/cc to down flag carriers or healers. Alliance also seemed to stick together more -- I think because of the healers. Does anyone notice something similar in this battlegroup?
Reply Quote
59 Orc Death Knight
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm... whats a Battlegroup?
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
When you join a battleground, all the servers that you see there are a part of your battlegroup. Stormreaver happens to be in the Rampage battlegroup. You'll only get put against players from realms that are also in the Rampage battlegroup.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
wat
Reply Quote
59 Orc Death Knight
02/15/2011 4:05 PMPosted by Mix
When you join a battleground, all the servers that you see there are a part of your battlegroup. Stormreaver happens to be in the Rampage battlegroup. You'll only get put against players from realms that are also in the Rampage battlegroup.

Maybe someone who cares a little more about it can confirm the details for you. But from what I remembered they've merged Battlegroups based on regions. Can't find a verifiable source but tbh I really didn't look all that hard...

Try taking a screenie of a random BG stat post next time and seeing if anyone is on a realm outside your Battlegroup.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/15/2011 6:30 PMPosted by Eggrolled

Maybe someone who cares a little more about it can confirm the details for you. But from what I remembered they've merged Battlegroups based on regions. Can't find a verifiable source but tbh I really didn't look all that hard...

Try taking a screenie of a random BG stat post next time and seeing if anyone is on a realm outside your Battlegroup.

this, I believe they've merged almost all of them, if not all of them.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Randoms are awash with every realm. You will see mostly Rampage realms put together though.

I have been on streaks where I can get 5+ wins in a row.

Check what time you are playing.

I play at times when the opponents are mostly young. Young players love tunneling and eschewing tactics so they can gank in the open field. Not all, but a lot. You'll see your win ratio improve in BGs like EotS, SotA, and AB.
Reply Quote
88 Human Mage
There are days ally win and days horde win ( I have an 85 hordie and ally )
Reply Quote
74 Night Elf Druid
I dunno, last time I played on my Mage, and my win/lost ratio was 1 Win 25 Loses...

I never really had a win since the patch release. From the Horde's perspective, The Horde ALWAYS loses...

I've played as Alliance on the Arthas Server and always win.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Yes battlegroups are merged but still exist
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
02/15/2011 10:50 AMPosted by Eggrolled
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm... whats a Battlegroup?

OMFG GRAFTER
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I dunno, last time I played on my Mage, and my win/lost ratio was 1 Win 25 Loses...

I never really had a win since the patch release. From the Horde's perspective, The Horde ALWAYS loses...

I've played as Alliance on the Arthas Server and always win.

i don't think pvp is your thing.
also, why would you necro a post from february?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
The last time I won a battleground was in vanilla. mmm vanilla.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
New York Clam Chowder

Bring bottled clam juice and potatoes to boil in heavy large saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until bacon begins to brown, about 8 minutes. Add onions, celery, garlic and bay leaf and sauté until vegetables soften, about 6 minutes. Stir in flour and cook 2 minutes (do not allow flour to brown). Gradually whisk in reserved juices from clams. Add potato mixture, clams, half and half and hot pepper sauce. Simmer chowder 5 minutes to blend flavors, stirring frequently. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Refrigerate uncovered until cold, then cover and keep refrigerated. Bring to simmer before serving.)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
New York Clam Chowder

Bring bottled clam juice and potatoes to boil in heavy large saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until bacon begins to brown, about 8 minutes. Add onions, celery, garlic and bay leaf and sauté until vegetables soften, about 6 minutes. Stir in flour and cook 2 minutes (do not allow flour to brown). Gradually whisk in reserved juices from clams. Add potato mixture, clams, half and half and hot pepper sauce. Simmer chowder 5 minutes to blend flavors, stirring frequently. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Refrigerate uncovered until cold, then cover and keep refrigerated. Bring to simmer before serving.)

This appears to be a recipe for New England Clam Chowder. New York or "Manhattan" style is tomato based.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]