Warsong Gulch: Suspend Your Disbelief!

20 Gnome Warlock
The Alliance and Horde fight valiantly to claim ownership of the Gulch and for what you may ask? Is it the strategic military location? No. Is it the strength of the timber garnered from the trees growing in the Ashenvale forest? No. Is it for the delicious gooey spider legs? No again.

The land in Warsong Gulch offers a mystery, should one side ever gain control they would have the opportunity to research a very strange phenomenon in the very rocks themselves!

The laws if Azerothean physics are suspended in this location, spells and arrows may pass unimpeded through the rocks and earth of this region! Truly a natural marvel of Azeroth itself. Whichever side holds Warsong Gultch long enough to unravel this mystery could rule Azeroth!
Edited by Torxi on 2/16/2011 7:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Lol, yea I was pretty disappointed too when I tried to LoS the hunter only to realize he was still hitting me. XD
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
The mystery is that gnomes are actually titans with no powers, and WSG used to be filled with lawn gnomes. Over the many years, dirt and rocks have covered up the stone gnomes.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
02/16/2011 7:26 PMPosted by Tankingrhard
Over the many years, dirt and rocks have covered up the stone gnomes.

That, or they slowly dissolved into red and blue cloths attached to sticks, which would explain the importance of the Flags. With both flags under control, the winning faction could harness the power within those cloths to become immortal gods/goddesses.
Reply Quote
20 Gnome Warlock
Gulch

no "t"

Thank you orc, my mastery of common is not very advanced, I only recently emerged from the bowels of Gnomeregan, sometimes I lapse into binary. 0011010010101 0101010
Reply Quote
64 Orc Shaman
Pre-WotLK Explanations:
Arathi Basin Battlemaster: "My allies, we must defeat the Alliance in Arathi Basin and secure the resources! No war can be fueled without the lumber, ore, and food needed to fight!"
Alterac Valley Battlemaster: "NO! We must crush the dwarves in Alterac Vally first. Without their man-power, the humans in Arathi will crumble."
Eye of the Storm: "We must capture the Outland by defeating the draenei in the Eye of the Storm. If we can hold Tempest Keep for our own, the Twisting Nether shall be ours!"
Warsong Gulch Battlemaster: "HA! Show's what you chicks know. What we really gots tah do tah win this war is....... CAPTURE THE FLAG!"
*other battlemasters deliver a cold stare*
Warsong Gulch Battlemaster: "What? We could call 'em nubs and dis their moms...."
Reply Quote
61 Human Warlock
Pre-WotLK Explanations:
Arathi Basin Battlemaster: "My allies, we must defeat the Alliance in Arathi Basin and secure the resources! No war can be fueled without the lumber, ore, and food needed to fight!"
Alterac Valley Battlemaster: "NO! We must crush the dwarves in Alterac Vally first. Without their man-power, the humans in Arathi will crumble."
Eye of the Storm: "We must capture the Outland by defeating the draenei in the Eye of the Storm. If we can hold Tempest Keep for our own, the Twisting Nether shall be ours!"
Warsong Gulch Battlemaster: "HA! Show's what you chicks know. What we really gots tah do tah win this war is....... CAPTURE THE FLAG!"
Warsong Gulch Battlemaster: "What? We could call 'em nubs and dis their moms...."

I like you. :D
Reply Quote
64 Orc Shaman

And I like you, random, attractive female human!

Want to have small half-orcs that grow up to capture the flag and spank themselves with it while mooning their opponents on the ledge by their graveyards?

We could name them Dumass, Johny Awesome, and Ballz with the Fishing Achievement Title.
Reply Quote
20 Gnome Warlock
Oh my...
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I see what you did there. :p
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
02/16/2011 7:46 PMPosted by Zarhym
I see what you did there. :p

He can't help it.. he's watching over your shoulder as you write the post.

p.s. whoever carries finds the cackling evil skull, mounts it on a stick, and runs it to their side wins!
Edited by Opheron on 2/16/2011 7:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

The laws if Azerothean physics are suspended in this location, spells and arrows may pass unimpeded through the rocks and earth of this region!

Your skepticism of this phenomenon is noted, however it is indeed possible for said geography to both abide by the laws of physics and allow for matter to pass through. Perhaps the land is in the state of matter known as the Bose–Einstein condensate.

If this turns out to be the case, I would keep a jacket with you next time you queue up for Warsong Gulch.
Reply Quote
20 Gnome Warlock

The laws if Azerothean physics are suspended in this location, spells and arrows may pass unimpeded through the rocks and earth of this region!

Your skepticism of this phenomenon is noted, however it is indeed possible for said geography to both abide by the laws of physics and allow for matter to pass through. Perhaps the land is in the state of matter known as the Bose–Einstein condensate.

If this turns out to be the case, I would keep a jacket with you next time you queue up for Warsong Gulch.

A gnome never goes unprepared!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Pre-WotLK Explanations:

He copied it from one of the fan-comics. Word for word.
Reply Quote
Capturing flags is how you win a war according to Blizzard logic! It's definitely more important than taking resources, killing faction commanders, and knocking out military bases!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
02/16/2011 7:24 PMPosted by Koume
Lol, yea I was pretty disappointed too when I tried to LoS the hunter only to realize he was still hitting me. XD

Yea... LoS sucks..... i`ve always wondered why they never fixed it...laziness? don`t care? could be either most likely both...
Reply Quote
20 Gnome Warlock

He copied it from one of the fan-comics. Word for word.

He did not claim otherwise.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You. Orcs. My lawn. You should get off it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]