Engineering Discovered Tinkers

85 Goblin Warrior
Okay, I'm making this thread out of frustration and annoyance. So, to my knowledge, there are 8 tinkers that can be discovered while leveling engineering from 425-525. I leveled an alt mage to 70, have his EXP turned off, and I'm attempting to discover these patterns by spamming Electrified Ethers and Obsidium Bolts (known items to proc discoveries).

200 bolt crafts and 100 ethers later, I have discovered absolutely nothing since 450 (max for 70). I learned only one tinker leveling from 425-450 (healing injector thing). This is costing thousands of gold, and I cannot find a definite answer on why this is... I KNOW I can learn them, but it seems as if I either have the worst luck in the world, or this is completely bugged out.

Just looking for some insight on this, maybe solutions, or similar experiences.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
But I have already learned one of the 8, and i know for a fact other people have different tinkers than I at level 70 too. Seems odd that I learned only one leveling 425-450 then get absolutely nothing after spamming 100s of recipes at 450.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Is it possible that some tinkers require higher levels, either engineering or character, than others? That might answer the issue. I know that, after the recent patch, I had no trouble learning my final tinker.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
02/16/2011 9:16 PMPosted by Midgethunter
Try doing recipes that will level you up or have a chance to. I got all mine that way, whenever i had to make bolts afterhey became gray i never got a tinker. Yes, you are capped at lvl 70 and cant go higher than 450, but you can still send get the mats that would have leveled you farther if you were not capped at 70. Try that out for a little while and see how that works for you.

I tried this for about 20 items, I made the things that would've given me several skill up (+5, +3). But it didn't seem to work, so I went back to crafting Bolts and Ethers (only the bolts are gray, Ethers are still orange).

02/16/2011 9:16 PMPosted by Midgethunter
Other than that though, maybe you can only learn 1 random tinker every certain set of lvls in eng gained.

And if this is true, I will be severely disappointed and very angry >:|

Is it possible that some tinkers require higher levels, either engineering or character, than others? That might answer the issue. I know that, after the recent patch, I had no trouble learning my final tinker.

I did a lot of looking around at each tinker. It seems to be completely random when people get these. I've heard reports of getting them from 445-cap on every single one.

Hopefully my ticket will give me some definite answers. There was a bug in 4.0.3 where you could only learn 7/8 of the tinkers, maybe it's some sort of hotfix or patch bug.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Remove your xp cap, level to 525, and then try again. You're complaining about not getting Cataclysm content when you've intentionally gimped yourself to prevent it. That's your fault.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
You're level 70. Tinkers are wrath and cata bonuses. I expect this is the problem.
Edited by Sinter on 2/17/2011 9:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
I discovered the 8th tinker when I hit 513.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
I'll clarify... It should be COMPLETELY possible for me to get these before cap. I'm at 450 engineering which is max for Wrath. Many other 70 twinks have these tinkers, even I have one, but I find it insanely hard to believe that after crafting over 300 items, I have yet to see another discovery. There is no way I can be this unlucky.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
02/17/2011 11:45 AMPosted by Chikens
I'll clarify... It should be COMPLETELY possible for me to get these before cap. I'm at 450 engineering which is max for Wrath. Many other 70 twinks have these tinkers, even I have one, but I find it insanely hard to believe that after crafting over 300 items, I have yet to see another discovery. There is no way I can be this unlucky.

Which twinks have which tinkers?
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I'm pretty sure you get the tinkers as your engineering levels, ie one at 460(ish) one at 470(ish) ect
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
02/17/2011 12:21 PMPosted by Lau
I'm pretty sure you get the tinkers as your engineering levels, ie one at 460(ish) one at 470(ish) ect

If that's true, I just wasted loads of gold for no gain >.>
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/17/2011 12:23 PMPosted by Chikens

If that's true, I just wasted loads of gold for no gain >.>

So, what did you learn about capping your xp and professions at lower levels then?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
Yah, this is a known issue.

At 70 you can only have one proc'ed tinker. It is random, so you can get screwed if you don't get a pvp friendly one.

Searching the forums would have found the other threads on this.

So, yah, you wasted a lot of gold.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I am a maxed 85 engi on my alt and I don't have them all yet. Maybe I should open a ticket...
Reply Quote
81 Human Priest
yep i have read on alot of forums that you only get "one" tinker at 450 skill...so if u want it that bad u will have to unlearn engineer and level it again. hopefully u have a miner... im considering it myslef but idk if i could get better use out of skin/lw...free bracer enchant or bs/jc for extra sockets and stronger gems.
Reply Quote
78 Human Death Knight
Hey hey, I crutch with tazik. Am I good now?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Yah, this is a known issue.

At 70 you can only have one proc'ed tinker. It is random, so you can get screwed if you don't get a pvp friendly one.

Searching the forums would have found the other threads on this.

So, yah, you wasted a lot of gold.

Gold or the ability to use search functions - no mind can focus on two of these at once
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Discoveries in general seem kind of borked. My alchemist has done I don't know how many potions, elixirs and flasks over the last couple years but only ever has made one non-transmute discovery, and that was well over a year ago.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]