Resto Druid haste vs Mastery

85 Tauren Druid
Hi there, I read the awesome sticky guide in the forum and it answered most of my questions, but I was curious as to what you guys think of haste vs. mastery? Or really all secondary stats actually.

I just started doing heroics so Im sure my gear isn't great since basically if was leather with int it was an upgrade. But now I'm getting to a point where I need to start being more particular with what gear I choose. Unless I am mistaken it appears that the secondary stats would be all that would seperate our gear choices from a boomkin correct? Or am I way off base? Any way, what are your thoughts on what secondary stats to focus on and why?

Thanks in advance for the help! Sorry for the rambling run on sentences.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Int>Spi>Haste>Mastery>Crit. Just my opinion.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
For the most part, Balance gear and Resto gear are completely interchangeable. We have almost exactly the same stat priority list with a couple of distinctions:

1.) Balance only needs Spirit (Hit) to reach the 17% Hit cap. Anything past that does nothing for them, unlike Resto where it always contributes to in combat regen.

2.) Balance always wants more Haste. Resto (depending on the people you speak to and how they play) take Haste to ~915 to the first Rejuvenation breakpoint, then they focus on Mastery.

Balance: Int > Spirit (to the hit cap) > Haste > Mastery > Crit
Resto: Int > Spirit (to where you're comfortable in whatever content you're doing) > Haste (to ~915) > Mastery > Haste (~2004 I think for the second Rejuvenation breakpoint) > Crit
Edited by Ikagawa on 2/18/2011 2:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Bad
916 for the 5th Rejuvenation tick is mandatory, your choice whether you take 2005 haste for the extra WG tick. Between breakpoints, mastery is better.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/18/2011 3:43 PMPosted by Maybelle
916 for the 5th Rejuvenation tick is mandatory, your choice whether you take 2005 haste for the extra WG tick. Between breakpoints, mastery is better.

HOW CONVENIENT YOU PUT ONE POINT OVER FOR BOTH NUMBERS OF WHAT I STATED!

Jerk ;)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Bad
02/18/2011 3:46 PMPosted by Ikagawa

HOW CONVENIENT YOU PUT ONE POINT OVER FOR BOTH NUMBERS OF WHAT I STATED!

Jerk ;)

well technically those are the correct breakpoints but because of rounding issues you won't actually get the extra ticks unless you're a bit over
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]