Prot PvP Flag Carrier Guide

90 Orc Warrior
I like to grab the flag, run somewhere near the middle, and....

Charge
Intercept
Heroic Leap (when it wants to work)
Intervene

All while spamming SR. I use CD's if I absolutely have to.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Bump!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
^
Yeah my healer is always a priest and we make sure he is well ahead of me to life grip me back from those pesky DK DG's. Very handy imo.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Yea Disc priest are pro for helping FC back, I just haven't had the chance to run with one. I"m usually running with a Resto Shammy,Resto Druid & A Pally. So it's hex, cyclone, root, freedom and OH my SPriest just bro gripped me GG.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Edits and added information
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
bump
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
02/18/2011 4:03 PMPosted by Shoukon
As a flag carrier you are not looking to a big damage numbers person.

Wrong.

Unlike arms that suffers stun diminishing returns prot does not

Wrong. Not to mention the only good use of this is if they are on a healer or dps which intervene shockwave does the same.

You’re not trying to DPS it out, just trying to get to the next tier.

Absolutely wrong.

-Incite (0/3): Heroic Strike is a joke at the moment and you’re doing more running than dpsing, not worth the points at the moment.
-Improved Revenge (0/2): First not looking to do damage and with a good weapon devastate still hits harder than revenge and it is better to save your talent points for the arms/fury tree for HP regen.
-Impending Victory (1/2): Honestly 1 put was put into it because I had one left over. In the many games I have played I have not seen it all too often and do not have much opportunity to use it since you’re trying to stay rite on the flag cap and not chasing down a target.
-Heavy Repercussions (0/2): Good talent but held out for survivability talents. Your DPS should be your dps and your tank your tank.

When I saw that I said OHHH EMMMMMM GEEEEEEEEE

To see another view on flag carrying in rated battlegrounds check out my video.
Edit: (It is only talents and Glyphs, I will get more movies about gear and enchants after patch 4.1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKX6NmZOWDc
Edited by Nôobi on 3/10/2011 2:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
noobi is so much worse then the op
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
03/12/2011 8:46 AMPosted by Deauss
noobi is so much worse then the op

I thought so too.

I decided to look at his videos and it all makes sense.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
/Bumping to Revive and re-edit post
Edited by Shoukon on 5/18/2011 11:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Should I still be stacking resil?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
05/19/2011 07:10 PMPosted by Doomstriker

Yes mostly resil then str/stam with Resil gems to your liking.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
/Bump for new video's added
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
05/19/2011 08:05 PMPosted by Shoukon

How much resil should I have? 4k?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
05/20/2011 10:46 AMPosted by Doomstriker

How much resil should I have? 4k?

Getting as close to 4k as possible.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
I saw the video you posted a few weeks back Shou, showing the flag carrying while in the rateds (I think the matches were all in TP) Anyway, after watching the video, I decided I wanted to run as prot in our guild RBG's and I haven't turned back since.

I don't know what the other FC able classes can offer, but with the mobilty I have as a warrior, I've never had so much fun carrying the flag as I do now.

Bumping for a sticky, and to show that prot isn't just for tanking dragons anymore.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
02/18/2011 04:03 PMPosted by Shoukon
Unlike arms that suffers stun diminishing returns

Arms doesn't.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
05/20/2011 07:31 PMPosted by ßamf
Unlike arms that suffers stun diminishing returns

Arms doesn't.

Yes, as you can see the date of the OP it was during the time when it did. I'm re-editing the content to reflect changes.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I saw the video you posted a few weeks back Shou, showing the flag carrying while in the rateds (I think the matches were all in TP) Anyway, after watching the video, I decided I wanted to run as prot in our guild RBG's and I haven't turned back since.

I don't know what the other FC able classes can offer, but with the mobilty I have as a warrior, I've never had so much fun carrying the flag as I do now.

Bumping for a sticky, and to show that prot isn't just for tanking dragons anymore.

Yea once you catch the FC bug...you never wanna stop.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior

Yea once you catch the FC bug...you never wanna stop.

Haha, too true!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]