Prot PvP Flag Carrier Guide

85 Human Warrior
Questions section added for quick question/answers.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Geared up to be an FC just to get thrown to my Hunter.

Raid leader seems to want to be the only warrior.

How retarded is that?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Geared up to be an FC just to get thrown to my Hunter.

Raid leader seems to want to be the only warrior.

How retarded is that?

Pretty retarded. Sometimes my grp runs 3 warriors and with a 3 warrior comp we've been 100% win.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
What trinkets should I use? I race changed to human and I have an empty spot.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
New video added (Video 6 of the FC section) and question answered.
Edited by Shoukon on 5/24/2011 9:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
bump
Reply Quote
I have to honestly ask, would it be a good idea ( in a caster heavy scenario) to swap out one trinket for mirror of broken images if only for the massive resistance?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
/question answered
Reply Quote
Thanks for the advice, I occasionally prot, but I am still trying to just get geared.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Yea gearing to be occasional prot is rough. Buying two sets of the gear isn't good if you don't have a 2300+ rating. And if you're trying to use one set for both, you're not pulling good dps as arms and don't have the resil/hp as prot. Bad times all around.
Reply Quote
I'm also torn over whether Mirror has a place in prot pvp. Is ~40% magic mitigation worth the loss in resilience?
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Warrior
Prot is not good for PVP in general. I used to pvp as prot by the way, and have the 1h pvp sword.

It is true that they are a tough flag carrier, but overall a dk or feral (dps) are better flag carriers just to name a few.

The reason for this is because prot warrior takes a long time to kill, and you cant really put down the people coming after you.

What ends up happening when its a healer and you holding flag, is that they just keep coming until theres huge mob on you and you will eventually die.

If i was holding the flag, as they come I am able to put them down, and the level of dmg on me is not out of control.

These are the cold hard facts as I see them, and in my opinion prot warriors have no place in pvp at this time.

They are especially poor in AB style fights, as all they really do is throw around a little cc, and harass people. Any team would be much better served by a dps warrior over a prot.

Also on the subject of flag running, a dk tank would be much better suited to the job, because they do more dps as well as healing more. And lets face it, they are just plain op.
Edited by Wimpykid on 5/25/2011 5:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
05/25/2011 05:01 PMPosted by Wimpykid
Prot is not good for PVP in general. I used to pvp as prot by the way, and have the 1h pvp sword.

Prot PvP is Mandatory for Rated Bg's. If you don't have a prot FC, you're not going to win high rated games.

It is true that they are a tough flag carrier, but overall a dk or feral (dps) are better flag carriers just to name a few.

The reason for this is because prot warrior takes a long time to kill, and you cant really put down the people coming after you.

What ends up happening when its a healer and you holding flag, is that they just keep coming until theres huge mob on you and you will eventually die.

Prot warriors 1. take a long time to kill ( as you said ), have the best mobility because of Heroic Leap, Intercept, Charge, Intervene (which will also give who you Intervene a 30% Damage Reduction). 3. Can spell reflect such things as cyclones or Death Grips when trying to cap so you are not denied the cap. 4. Have a 20% magicdr every time we have shield block up. 5. Last stand + enraged regen for Oh Crap Buttons ( not even including our many self hots ). 6. Have aoe stun every 17 seconds. 7. Ranged Silence + a melee silence. List can go on to show why Warrior is the prefered FC for Rated BG's ATM. Ferals still have movement and healing problems, prot pallies don't have the self heals they use to and their bubbles are useless when you have the flag, they do have LoH and cleanses and DK's are good FC's, just mobility problems and with an intelligent O it becomes easier to stop a DK FC from capping than a Warrior FC. Much harder to stop a cyclone/death grip as a DK.

If i was holding the flag, as they come I am able to put them down, and the level of dmg on me is not out of control.

These are the cold hard facts as I see them, and in my opinion prot warriors have no place in pvp at this time.

They are especially poor in AB style fights, as all they really do is throw around a little cc, and harass people. Any team would be much better served by a dps warrior over a prot.

If you're having a hard time FCing as a warr look at the guide at the glyphs/tactics and gemming etc to help your self and also watch the video's. So I will have to politely disagree with your opinion that, "there is no place for warrior prot PvP," when the video's clearly show prot warriors are Excellent for FCing and for Gilnaeus at high rated Rated BG's.

Also on the subject of flag running, a dk tank would be much better suited to the job, because they do more dps as well as healing more. And lets face it, they are just plain op.

On the subject of flag running, the Mobility and Burst Healing with the 2 HOT Heals warriors constantly have on are what makes Warrior FC's preferred by many many teams. DPS isn't what you need as a FC, it's damage mitigation and the intelligence of what damage to mitigate. Also you need the tools to counter tactics, such as disarm, to mitigate damage past your gear DR. Also dk's out healing and out dpsing warrior FC's has no proof in the numbers.
Edited by Shoukon on 5/25/2011 8:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Excellent guide. Though, I wish you weren't a blood elf warrior. -_-
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
What about enchants on weapon and shield?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
05/26/2011 03:23 AMPosted by Kalìx
What about enchants on weapon and shield?

1h & Shield enchant added to enchant section.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
05/26/2011 02:50 AMPosted by Oraxe
Excellent guide. Though, I wish you weren't a blood elf warrior. -_-

I'm Worgen now =P
Edited by Shoukon on 5/26/2011 9:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Updated more text and general strats.
Reply Quote
05/26/2011 09:13 AMPosted by Shoukon
I'm Worgen now =P

*taps fingers together*

Excellent.
Reply Quote
Why hasn't this been stickied yet? >:(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]