Prot PvP Flag Carrier Guide

85 Human Warrior
I've done prot for every RBG and it works. The team has to know how to work with it. The only time I'd say to not go prot is if you have a lock/hunter on EOTS, you being prot in mid won't really help. If you only have a hunter and you, go prot since you can survive a rogue long enough for people to get back to you. Or if the team wants the hunter or lock on O go prot and D up a node.

Summing it up: You won't hinder your team as prot if they know how to use you. If the team doesn't know what to do with you then they're 9 manning a rbg.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
just stack resi and stam. DERP
Reply Quote
Great post, great information, and props for not flipping out on nubs that don't know what they are talking about replying to your posts. Really like the vids, keep up the good work.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
I've done prot for every RBG and it works. The team has to know how to work with it. The only time I'd say to not go prot is if you have a lock/hunter on EOTS, you being prot in mid won't really help. If you only have a hunter and you, go prot since you can survive a rogue long enough for people to get back to you. Or if the team wants the hunter or lock on O go prot and D up a node.

Summing it up: You won't hinder your team as prot if they know how to use you. If the team doesn't know what to do with you then they're 9 manning a rbg.

What do you do in Strand of the Ancients? This is the only BG I feel useless in.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior

What do you do in Strand of the Ancients? This is the only BG I feel useless in.

RBG=Rated BG sry lol
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
So back to that SoL trinket. It's cool and all, but I did 1 game with it, waited in q for 4 hours to friggen finally get a game, and I don't think it's good to utilize until later in the season. The 10khp is GREAT, and the 1 min healing you can do on yourself is really good when you're running the flag across field or when you have no debuff. BUT, when you do have a high debuff your healers aren't over healing you so they can't fill the trinket so you can heal yourself. That is the trinkets downfall. Maybe with full or close to full new gear you can get away with it, but at the moment we don't have access to the gear needed to fully utilize that trinket. So just go double Emblem of Tenacity for now.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
So I got into some lower MMR games last night using Double Cruelty trinkets and it worked out great. Once your last trinket and last stand run out you can immediately use the other cruelty trinket(It's immidiate or a 1 second delay, either way it's pretty fast). It definitely gave me enough time to cap. I wish I was frapsing but it was me and my h pally v 5 and I blew my first health OH ShT button and kited and LoS'd all over the place, leaped to cap, my O didn't click the flag fast enough, ran ran ran charge/intercept they dropped other EFC, blew 2nd trinket/Intervened capped and about .79383 seconds later was dead.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Death Grip can be reflected
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
07/17/2011 10:34 AMPosted by Voidbolt
Death Grip can be reflected

Yes
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Anyone messing with resil and stam and found a balance they like?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
It seems like right now 4100+ is a good range to start moving toward stam enchants and stuff. you wanna keep yourself above 4100 ofc and as gear improves we might need more resil, but atm 4100 is serving me well and im leaning more toward the stam.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Yea 4100 resil is where I'm comfy at. Wonder how it will be later in the season.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I'm guessing that when people start getting there new weapons (especially their t2) we will need more resil. the only thing is, how is the DR gonna affect it? 4350 will prolly be the cap then, after that it would be all stam so we could live.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
So what's everyones take on the new 1h? I'm not sure I like any of them. I mite just go dagger to do something different, and it matches the shield the best. I KNOW I KNOW STR GIVES US PARRY....but man that dagger just matches perfectly.
Edited by Shoukon on 7/17/2011 9:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
07/17/2011 08:22 PMPosted by Stammpy
I'm guessing that when people start getting there new weapons (especially their t2) we will need more resil. the only thing is, how is the DR gonna affect it? 4350 will prolly be the cap then, after that it would be all stam so we could live.

Cap starts at around 4050. Page 6 I did the math and shows the efficiency of Resil at certain Resil lvls.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
07/17/2011 09:30 PMPosted by Shoukon
So what's everyones take on the new 1h? I'm not sure I like any of them. I mite just go dagger to do something different, and it matches the shield the best. I KNOW I KNOW STR GIVES US PARRY....but man that dagger just matches perfectly.

im getting the 1h sword, it just looks beastly imo lol

07/17/2011 09:31 PMPosted by Shoukon
Cap starts at around 4050. Page 6 I did the math and shows the efficiency of Resil at certain Resil lvls.

I know, im just saying hard cap will prolly be around 4350, not when the DR starts kicking in.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
07/17/2011 09:30 PMPosted by Shoukon

getting the dagger your devastates/heroic strikes for sure will hit for less, not 100% sure if revenge is weapon based or not, but either way, lose way to much damage.

Edit

How are you liking human in general, I am still on the fence for race changing from gnome, though gnome may be to strong in arena's for the switch for me currently. This may change if I move away from treeSG though.

Sorry guess I didn't realize that heroic strike is no longer weapon damage, nor revenge, so just devastate, but still enough IMO to not use a dagger.
Edited by Nicat on 7/18/2011 8:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
07/18/2011 08:27 AMPosted by Nicat

getting the dagger your devastates/heroic strikes for sure will hit for less, not 100% sure if revenge is weapon based or not, but either way, lose way to much damage.

Edit

How are you liking human in general, I am still on the fence for race changing from gnome, though gnome may be to strong in arena's for the switch for me currently. This may change if I move away from treeSG though.

Sorry guess I didn't realize that heroic strike is no longer weapon damage, nor revenge, so just devastate, but still enough IMO to not use a dagger.

Yea I know I'd lose dps and parry, I just get bored of being a cookie cutter FC. You win with a dagger and it's lolol. I like human for the double trinket. Using two of them from 2 different seasons make it that they don't share a 2 min cd, just a 20 second cd so you can have extra health for a whole other trinketlonger. I do miss worgen for the run speed, but I think in the end having the extra health trinket> speedrun. Also, human isn't bad in arena. I don't have time to arena and rated bg so I can't really speak from experience on the subject though.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Just stack stamina and don't question it. DERP
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Anyone else running double Emblem of Tenacity trinkets? Just need some other point of view's on it's strengths/weaknesses.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]