Prot PvP Flag Carrier Guide

100 Human Warrior
07/18/2011 08:27 AMPosted by Nicat
How are you liking human

Dwarf all the way babe!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
07/18/2011 07:49 PMPosted by Shoukon
Anyone else running double Emblem of Tenacity trinkets? Just need some other point of view's on it's strengths/weaknesses.

I'm probably gonna try it out myself tonight. Could always compare notes sometime if you're down.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Hey Shoukon, have you ever considered basically using two prot specs for rateds? One being for CTF and the other for node-capture?

Way I figure it CTF spec could be the super-survival one you have on the first post and the other would basically be prot-damage with heavy repercussions and the such. That way if someone is running a team with an offensive prot they could put out a lot more pressure with shield-block-recklessness-shield slam / heavy devastate spam.

Of course the only drawback I could see is not having a DPS spec for stuff. :|
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Are you able to use 2 of the Emblem of Tenacity trinkets from the same season if one was Ruth and one was Vic? was wondering b/c i deleted my s9 trinket when i got the s10 one and if it could be done then i was going to buy the ruth one and use it for double trinkets. anyone know if this will work?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Hey Shoukon, have you ever considered basically using two prot specs for rateds? One being for CTF and the other for node-capture?

Way I figure it CTF spec could be the super-survival one you have on the first post and the other would basically be prot-damage with heavy repercussions and the such. That way if someone is running a team with an offensive prot they could put out a lot more pressure with shield-block-recklessness-shield slam / heavy devastate spam.

Of course the only drawback I could see is not having a DPS spec for stuff. :|

I would do that if I had 3 specs. Just don't so I stick with prot and arms. Also, my team either has me FCing, guarding a node or keeping people off of nodes so in my roles I rather have all survivability than dps.
Edited by Shoukon on 7/19/2011 1:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
07/19/2011 01:13 PMPosted by Stammpy
Are you able to use 2 of the Emblem of Tenacity trinkets from the same season if one was Ruth and one was Vic? was wondering b/c i deleted my s9 trinket when i got the s10 one and if it could be done then i was going to buy the ruth one and use it for double trinkets. anyone know if this will work?

Not sure yet. I haven't seen anyone with the Ruthless one yet. I'm going to take a guess that you're still going to have to use season 9 and season 10 ones though. For instances, in season 9 you couldn't use the blue and purple one at the same times because they were from the same season.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
07/19/2011 01:33 PMPosted by Shoukon
Not sure yet. I haven't seen anyone with the Ruthless one yet. I'm going to take a guess that you're still going to have to use season 9 and season 10 ones though. For instances, in season 9 you couldn't use the blue and purple one at the same times because they were from the same season.

damn, guess i dont get to be awesome and use 2 oh them then =/ oh well
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
3924 resil= 39.25 DR= 1.0002 efficient. <---There's your soft cap.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
07/19/2011 01:35 PMPosted by Stammpy

damn, guess i dont get to be awesome and use 2 oh them then =/ oh well

Try putting your hit down to 3% and reforge more mastery and see how you like it. It's been working real good for me for FC games. Not really missing anything important. You get disarms and etc off during shockwaves anyways so not gonna miss.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
07/19/2011 02:02 PMPosted by Shoukon
Try putting your hit down to 3% and reforge more mastery and see how you like it. It's been working real good for me for FC games. Not really missing anything important. You get disarms and etc off during shockwaves anyways so not gonna miss.

thats how i was and then i missed a Concussive Blow and was like naw, this cant be happening lol so i changed it back to hit cap haha
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I love this guide and agree with everything that shoukon has given in spec and strategy...
As far as being 5% hitcapped it is a must, I try to keep my expertise at about 8 with everything else into mastery... critical block doesn't save my life as much as being able to stun to Peel a dps off my healer..
A cool trick I use with my shamen healer in the flag room is having him leave a totem on the cap so he is free to kite and I can still intervene my shamens totem. The enemy team swear I cheated and reported me for hacks once Lol
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
just bought the 384 Battlemaster trinket and when i use it while i have the 371 one equipped they share a 20 sec CD. same as the s10 vic and s9 vic. so you can use better trinkets for the same tactic. =D
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I tested out the double battlemaster trinket myself tonight.

I'd say it's worth using since it pretty much works as a backup health boost after the initial use of the "oh crap must liiiiiiiiiiive" macro

I'll be running with it more to see how it turns out.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Awsome. I"m glad the double battlemaster trinket is working out well.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
07/20/2011 09:30 AMPosted by Shoukon
Awsome. I"m glad the double battlemaster trinket is working out well.

glad you thought of it to be honest, more proof at how epic of a FC you are =P lol
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Great guide. Unfortunately, I am split between RBGs and Arena atm. Not being able to have two sets of gear forces me to choose FC or Arms. I can't afford to reforge/regem/rechant all of my gear every time I want to change spec. Solution? Roll another warrior! I am currently rolling a second warrior via RaF in order to have a DPS and tank! This way I can have tank racials, pve tank spec/gear AND a dedicated PvP FC. Warriors are by far the best FCs IMO. With the best mobility, CDs, and self heals that DON'T require hitting an enemy I.e. Blood DKs, I can't see why people hate on port warriors. Our playstyle involves a feral grabbing flag and running it to tunnel in WSG or going seal form and swimming it into my waiting arms in TP and then me holding and capping. Seems to work well for the most part in lower MMR. My gear only allows me to be an offensive FC and an exceptional flag humper. I would love to have a dedicated FC spec/gearset. There's no feeling quite like the FC feeling: Knowing the whole team is set to kill you. They're saying your name before you can even see them pooling in preparation of a zerg... Thx for the great info!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
07/20/2011 11:53 AMPosted by Mungin
Not being able to have two sets of gear

Why can't you have two sets of gear?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
BOOKMARKED
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
07/20/2011 11:53 AMPosted by Mungin
Great guide. Unfortunately, I am split between RBGs and Arena atm. Not being able to have two sets of gear forces me to choose FC or Arms. I can't afford to reforge/regem/rechant all of my gear every time I want to change spec. Solution? Roll another warrior! I am currently rolling a second warrior via RaF in order to have a DPS and tank! This way I can have tank racials, pve tank spec/gear AND a dedicated PvP FC. Warriors are by far the best FCs IMO. With the best mobility, CDs, and self heals that DON'T require hitting an enemy I.e. Blood DKs, I can't see why people hate on port warriors. Our playstyle involves a feral grabbing flag and running it to tunnel in WSG or going seal form and swimming it into my waiting arms in TP and then me holding and capping. Seems to work well for the most part in lower MMR. My gear only allows me to be an offensive FC and an exceptional flag humper. I would love to have a dedicated FC spec/gearset. There's no feeling quite like the FC feeling: Knowing the whole team is set to kill you. They're saying your name before you can even see them pooling in preparation of a zerg... Thx for the great info!

ATM for 2 sets of gear i have my dps set as the season 10 honor gear and my FC gear as the conquest gear i'm getting + another set of season 10 honor gear. Best thing to do until later in the season where we can get 2 conquest sets like I had last season.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
One thing I've been trying recently is stacking loads up stamina as I progress through gear as long as I stay above 4k resilience. Since the amount gained slows down to a crawl around that point I felt like investing in stamina would bring better results.

Hasn't let me down yet, I find that if I'm going to die; 1.2% or so more damage reduction wouldn't really make much of a difference. However I might be able to live longer due to blood craze and second wind, as well last stand, giving more healing.

Gonna keep running with that idea in mind to see how it works out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]