What's with all the crying?

85 Troll Rogue
I'm seeing post after post of people crying over one issue or another. That rogues are underpowered, that we're obsolete, that we're trash dps in comparison to other classes, blah blah blah, etc. Over and over, here. I'm starting to wonder what's going on. I can see the complaints about stealth not working here or there, and certain mechanics pulling us out of stealth, etc... that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the posts I'm seeing over and over about how gimped rogues are in pvp and how gimped we are in raids.

Since the release of Cata, there is only one class that routinely outdps' me in raids... that being the Hunter. DK's don't come close, mages and warlocks don't, shaman's, etc. They might if I mess up my rotiation, or something, but even that is not the case most of the time. In PvP encounters, namely arenas, he only groups my rogue/rogue team has an issue with are (warrior/pali) with a (shaman) and (hunter/mage) with a (death knight)... parenthesis in place for those of you who can't read and automatically think im talking about 3's because 3 classes showed up in the writing.

Having said this, I do not play with bad players. Most of the people whom I've been playing with, have been playing since atleast BC, if not Vanilla. They have all done the research on their class to know their proper raid utility, and how to be effective at it. So, I'm fairly confident that I'm playing with people who can maximize their dps on raid encounters. Yet I still have yet to see any of them, except this hunter, outdps me. There's a warlock in another group who may give me a run for my gold, but I have yet to see that.

In 2's, my rogue/rogue team seems to be paying the bills. We still lose... I'm not saying we don't, even more so than I would like to admit, but those are mostly due to cc #*%! ups or miscommunication. Neither he or I has noticed any individual class being unbeatable by us. We are a cooldown dependant class. That means use your #*%!ing cooldowns if you want to win. They'll be back up in 120seconds.

Basically, I'm just wondering what all the QQ is about. This is literally the only expansion I've had little to nothing to complain about, yet that's all I'm seeing time and time again visiting these boards.

Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I totally agree with you. I mean I'm not geared out atm. I'm still working on perfecting my rotation and all, but all in all I do very good dps in my opininon. I don't have much to complain how on this side neither.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
That's my experience also. Im not even a great player and I still can top charts against people much, much better then me. Except our Warlock, who is just awesome. If I were better, it'd be no contest...
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
The addition of Recuperate has made PVP much more viable for rogues against any insta-heal class. I can FINALLY drop a seasoned druid. As for raiding, me and 2 other rogues in my guild are constantly in the top 5 in dps, so the only reason people would be QQ'ing in my opinion is because they don't know how to set up or keep up a solid rotation or they don't know how to stack Mastery and Haste. Gear helps, but a good rogue can do some amazing dps with mediocre gear.
Reply Quote
74 Undead Rogue
I have to agree, the crying is pretty pathetic. I think Rogues are fine, we just get to used to one-shotting people at low levels and then freak out when that goes away.

But if you think we're bad about QQ check out the damage dealing forum. They so much as knick another class and they freak right the hell out lol
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
So true, what you guys are saying. This post has been up for nearly an hour on maintendance day, and there are no trolls, or any of the people crying about how "broken" the class is.

Xoro, I agree that recup has made pvp much more viable. Killing druids is fun. haha. But I have notived that, atleast in 2's, I don't need to keep recup up as much, though with improved recup, I don't know why a rogue wouldn't, in the arena world.

Arkhamdd, in regards to the damage dealing forum, I tend to stay away from that forum. In my WoW career, I have leveled over a dozen rogues to max cap. I know rogues. Inside and out. I don't know other classes the same as I do rogues, so I tend to stay away from that forum to avoid talking out of my ass. :)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
So true, what you guys are saying. This post has been up for nearly an hour on maintendance day, and there are no trolls, or any of the people crying about how "broken" the class is.

Xoro, I agree that recup has made pvp much more viable. Killing druids is fun. haha. But I have notived that, atleast in 2's, I don't need to keep recup up as much, though with improved recup, I don't know why a rogue wouldn't, in the arena world.

Arkhamdd, in regards to the damage dealing forum, I tend to stay away from that forum. In my WoW career, I have leveled over a dozen rogues to max cap. I know rogues. Inside and out. I don't know other classes the same as I do rogues, so I tend to stay away from that forum to avoid talking out of my ass. :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
DOUBLE POST. :P
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
Yeah, my browser is being a hooker this morning. Or it's the lag being caused by maintenance. Not sure. But it's being a HOOKER nonetheless. :D
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Paladin
I don't disagree with the general state of DPS itself. I have major complaints however about mobility and bleed damage. It feels as if arpen has completely substituted bleed damage for us, and it seems like an unwarranted change of playstyle.

If you don't mind, I'd like to refer you to a discussion thread in the Dmage Dealing Forums - it's just another one, but I was hoping some decent discussion could be had there, where it could be more easily read by GC and Daxx.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2065776675
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
I agree, iive been sitting back not saying anything thinking maybe we will get some buffs out of this. But i am top DPS is almost every herioc and was sitting at 16k DPS in BH yesterday...not to mention seeing 50K+ crits fly up when certain things proc. I think we are fine.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Rogues damage and general survivability has been fine for years in my opinion.
My only complaint is, why does it seem that every class is viable for pve and pvp for every spec but sub is still only pvp?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
02/15/2011 5:55 AMPosted by Shankinyou
I'm seeing post after post of people crying over one issue or another.
Shh! We're lulling the other classes back into a false sense of security.

MAN ASSASSINATION SUCKS, WOULDN'T YOU SAY PETE?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
You know anytime you can sap and disarm a lowbie lvling he is fishing, anytime you can distract a mounted player back twards you for that sap, anytime you can kick that healer in mid cast, and any time you can use just about any of the stuff we have in our book of tricks......Well I dont know about you but it makes me glad to be a rogue.

<<<<3rd rogue been rockin a rogue every expansion since right at the end of vanilla and well....I love that even in a time that we are "Supposedly" nerfed to hell there are still so many posts QQing about how we need more nerfs.

Keep up the good work to those of you who love the class and play it well.....And to those others ROGUE UP BIATCHES
Edited by Grimreapness on 2/15/2011 9:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
I've gotta remember this thread the next time somebody posts a claim that the rogue is dying and nobody is happy with the class.
Edited by Rfeann on 2/15/2011 11:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Crying is just a rogue thing. Always has been; always will be. Rogues even cried about being underpowered during the days when World of Roguecraft was made.
Reply Quote
Crying is just a people thing.

I listen to coworkers complain simply to complain on a daily basis.

I've tried several other classes - pretty much all aside from the DK, though I did level one long enough to check out the starting zone.

Rogue has always, and will always be my class.
Reply Quote
62 Draenei Shaman
03/13/2011 2:51 PMPosted by Negate
Visit the warlock forums. No, seriously. There's a reason I spend most of my time here, and that is that if I stayed there too long, I'd drown. It's a literal river over there.

Probably because pvping with a warlock right now is boring, frustrating, and in the worst state it's been in a long time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]