Zul Aman solo door opening?

(Locked)

85 Undead Priest
I've seen a lot of claims online that u an open the door solo now. I want to grab the 20 slot bag on my pally for fun, but Harrison Jones keeps telling me something like "cold feet huh.. oh well better luck next time." Then he just walks away after we bang on the door for a good minute. What am i doing wrong?
85 Draenei Shaman
I haven't tried since patch 4.0.6. But, since Cataclysm launch and even before I have had no problems of opening the door without anyone else. Talk to Harrison Jones, and then bang on the gong until he opens the door. Like I said, haven't tried since the new patch last week, though.
85 Worgen Rogue
Seeing as I just got in solo myself half an hour ago, and have been soloing the place for many many weeks now, yes, you can most certainly open the door solo. I have not ever needed anyone other than myself to bang the gong.
85 Draenei Shaman
02/15/2011 8:56 PMPosted by Luceint
I've seen a lot of claims online that u an open the door solo now. I want to grab the 20 slot bag on my pally for fun, but Harrison Jones keeps telling me something like "cold feet huh.. oh well better luck next time." Then he just walks away after we bang on the door for a good minute. What am i doing wrong?

I solo it every week on my DK, make sure you click the gong once and don't move and the door should open, also make sure you're still in a raid group or else it can bug out a bit (from what I've noticed, not sure if it's true or not)
90 Draenei Shaman
02/15/2011 10:09 PMPosted by Ryleylol

I solo it every week on my DK, make sure you click the gong once and don't move and the door should open, also make sure you're still in a raid group or else it can bug out a bit (from what I've noticed, not sure if it's true or not)
Yup, you have to be in a raid until the door opens.
85 Undead Priest
I was definetly in a raid group. But i was clicking the gong over and over, nonstop. Maybe thats my problem. I'll try clicking it once.
Edited by Luceint on 2/16/2011 10:49 AM PST
90 Human Paladin
Ok, you don't have to be in a raid group to start this and no exploit is needed. Just talk to Vol'Jin to start the encounter. Walk with him over to the Gong and get close to it. When he says bang it with him, click the Gong ONCE. Don't just click click click away, or click and then move your character. If you click to bang it ONCE and then just leave your character alone, your toon will start banging over and over on it all by itself without you having to do anything further. You don't have to bang at the same time he does or anything like that, just click it as soon as he says to bang the Gong and then take your hands off your keyboard and mouse. Really quickly he will walk over and call out to some god and the doors open, and you get bumrushed by some npcs.
Edited by Zoog on 7/19/2014 10:26 AM PDT
90 Troll Priest
3.5 years...
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]