Cat DPS Guide - 4.3

(Locked)

85 Tauren Druid
Sorry, for Suhmon's profile it seems that both Critical Strike and Haste have fallen BELOW Hit and Expertise Rating. Going to have to investigate this further with more profiles before I can conclude anything, but may be a while before I have time to run a few more sims again. Takes about 2 hours to test a profile with 1M iterations :/
85 Worgen Druid
Hmm, playing around with mew I found my haste/crit inflection point previously at about 1350 crit 1300 haste. Checked mew today, and it had haste valued at .97, crit at 1.08, hit and expertise at 1.03.

Dropped myself to 1025 haste, 1641 crit, now my values are: crit 1.065, haste: 1.085, hit/expertise 1.098. That was using 40000 iterations, so I'll try with 1 million now.

1 million iterations yeilded similar results.

Haste 1.07197
crit: 1.06116
hit/exp: 1.09275

I used an 8 minute simulation with 15% variation (since that about approximates how long my guild's heroic kills take)
Edited by Slott on 4/20/2011 6:23 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm interested to know if anyone else has noticed - in Mew or in game - that haste tends to be "more beneficial" when we are near one of the "breakpoints" (already mentioned as 6.66% and 10% intervals)...

Quoted myself from another thread because I'm begining to wonder if ferals really do have haste "breakpoints" like say a warlock does, where it is always beneficial but is even more beneficial the closer to these breakpoints we get (and in fact is "most" beneficial at the breakpoint but in reality is not because going over the breakpoint puts us too far short of the next breakpoint).

I'm not a theorycrafter or number cruncher but this seems to be a recurring theme whenever I put myself through Mew, and I've noticed it in raid as well. The above mentioned "breakpoints" for haste (then all other reforging to crit) seem to provide my personal dps bests - I'm well aware it could just be me but since it seems to be both in game and in Mew my interest is peaked.
85 Night Elf Druid
Quoted myself from another thread because I'm begining to wonder if ferals really do have haste "breakpoints" like say a warlock does, where it is always beneficial but is even more beneficial the closer to these breakpoints we get (and in fact is "most" beneficial at the breakpoint but in reality is not because going over the breakpoint puts us too far short of the next breakpoint).

I'm not a theorycrafter or number cruncher but this seems to be a recurring theme whenever I put myself through Mew, and I've noticed it in raid as well. The above mentioned "breakpoints" for haste (then all other reforging to crit) seem to provide my personal dps bests - I'm well aware it could just be me but since it seems to be both in game and in Mew my interest is peaked.

10% is sort of a Breakpoint for Feral Haste because each 10% of haste we have grants us an additional 1 Energy per second.
Edited by Konungr on 4/20/2011 9:53 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
Agility - While Weapon DPS is linked to the item level of our weapon, Agility is the best stat that we can choose to have. Just about all of our gear should have Agility on it and Agility is the stat that we want to gem and enchant for. 1 Agility = 2 Attack Power (3.335063 with talents and buff), 324.8536 Agility = 1% Critical Strike Chance
Strength - Grants flat attack power. Strength is no longer available on leather. While this is a good stat, Agility is still far better. Generally, we should not use items with Strength on it unless it is replacing an item of significantly lower Item Level. 1 Strength = 2 Attack Power (3.17625 with talents and buffs

Ok am I missing something here? I tried changing from strength to agility and lost a lot of AP for very little crit. I changed out a cloak with an ilevel of 333 that has 149 strength with a cloak that has an ilevel of 346 and 168 agility, I lost 390 AP for .08% gain in crit.
Edited by Shifter on 4/20/2011 10:13 PM PDT
85 Tauren Druid
04/20/2011 10:13 PMPosted by Shifter
Ok am I missing something here? I tried changing from strength to agility and lost a lot of AP for very little crit. I changed out a cloak with an ilevel of 333 that has 149 strength with a cloak that has an ilevel of 346 and 168 agility, I lost 390 AP for .08% gain in crit.

You don't get the AP from agility until you go into cat (or bear) form.
For the crit, my guess is the strength cloak came with crit rating while the Agility cloak doesn't.
85 Tauren Druid
Regarding Haste Breakpoints - there are definitely no primary haste breakpoints, but there may be possibilities of hidden haste breakpoints such as having enough haste to get an extra shred during Berserk. I've seen Haste's RSV fluctuate enough that there is probably more than meet the eye, but at the moment there is no real proof pointing to anything as a cause of the the fluctuation or a Haste breakpoint.
90 Night Elf Druid
How (or where should I look for the info) would we go about testing or finding numbers to determine if that might be the cause of the haste value fluctuation?
Where would I find...
Heck where would you suggest to even begin on this thought process if I wanted to pursue it further. I know 6.66% haste gives energy for 1 extra shred per min, and 10% haste gives 1 extra energy per sec. (and of course going up at intervals from there - ie 13.32, 19.98, 20, 26.64...) but how would Beserk really come into play (numbers wise) and how would/should it effect those values...

This seriously has me interested - even more so now than before.
85 Tauren Druid
Hi Jaymzhendo, I'm getting quite a few feedback from people that are interested in helping in a collaboration to collect more RSV data for various profiles and to analyze the data. I'm in the process of setting up a place for the collaboration and to make some adjustments to Mew to facilitate that. Watch this space, I will update when it's all ready!
90 Night Elf Druid
When using berserk, should I only use shred or keep up rake when it falls off?
85 Night Elf Druid
04/25/2011 12:04 AMPosted by Sairi
When using berserk, should I only use shred or keep up rake when it falls off?

Make sure nothing falls off and keep "SPAMMIN SHRED".
85 Tauren Druid
Mew-20110425 is now available.

Major changes since last release:

- Simulation Progress Bar updates now throttled to reduce system
resource overhead
- (4.1) Berserk is now off the GCD
- Leafkiller's optimized Cat Strategy is now available in Samples/
universal1.script
- Simulations now generates a Report Output, which can be copy and
pasted

Notes:

- We have created a Google Discussion Group at http://groups.google.com/group/mew-wow
as the official feedback and support forum for Mew. We will continue
to keep an eye on a few other forums, but not as frequently.
- When reporting results of your own Simulation runs, please copy and
paste the entire Report Output (from the Report tab) in your post.
This will allow us to analyze your results better.
85 Night Elf Druid
Thanks very much Tang.
85 Worgen Druid
I know swipe used to hit behind...however quite unreliably, it seems to be a full 360 now.
85 Tauren Druid
TY for the guide. I've learned a lot from it.

However I seem to be missing something. I apologize if I missed it but I didn't see it addressed.
From what I've read, FB seems to be a dps loss unless the boss is < 25%. What do you do with the extra cp? I'll have a 5 cp Rip and a 5 cp SR up and soon have 5 cp just sitting there. I used to use FB as a cp dump. So what do you do with them? Do you just keep on shredding and waste the extra cp until you need to reapply Rip or SR? Or am I just missing something I'm supposed to be using in the rotation? Or am I reading too much into the FB being a dps loss thing and should still use it as a cp dump?
Edited by Imootable on 4/27/2011 11:53 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
You do not use the combo points.
85 Tauren Druid
Yes, you continue to shred and sacrifice the combo points.
Anytime you use Ferocious Bite outside of BITW, you risk losing Savage Roar and Rip uptime.
85 Tauren Druid
TY. I'd guess I've been gimping my dps for a while now. :-P At least this is easier. Can't wait to try it out.
90 Night Elf Druid
Why 2 points in Furor?

Is it just there to get us going faster if we have to shift out for a Rebirth or emergency Tranq?
85 Worgen Druid
Hello all, I normally dont post here but Ive read just about all there is to read about feral. I even read all of Yawnings old posts and I could use your guys help if you are not too busy. I have tried just about everything I could to raise my DPS to a higher level but something is missing and I cant place my finger on it. I am posting this because as you will see when you look at my armory that its not gear related, or bad gems, or glyphs.

The priority system I use is probably what you have seen before:

Feral Charge boss ==> Mangle ==> Do one Shred ==> TF Rake ==> Rip ==> Ravage before time runs out ==> Savage Roar ==>Berserk (after this shred till my keys fall off making sure all my abilities stay on the mob/boss).

I do not claim to know all there is about feral so I figure your guys feedback will be awesome. I do use Mew the new updated one shows that Haste is actually better for me atm than crit, also from my armory you will see I have Unheeded Warning as one of my trinkets. I ran it at 40K Iterations to get a decent sample size. I do have a Fluid Death in the bank that I swap out from time to time depending on the fight. My DPS usually hovers around 20Kish sometimes when I get lucky crits it will be higher but mostly I tapper off around that area. One of the things I try my best to do is never let my bleeds fall off the target.

In advance I would like to say thanks to Leafkiller, Tangedyn, Konungr and all others for any feedback given and I will check back asap to see any updates and make changes then post results. Something is wrong in my Mechanics or Enchants or Rotation(priority system) through some advanced help I feel confident we can get it fixed.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]