Cat DPS Guide - 4.3

(Locked)

90 Worgen Druid
Tangedyn, when you get a chance, can you update the third party resources post ("http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2089200852#16") for my Ovale script?

Currently it points to here: "http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=381" which is my 4.2 script. My 4.3 script is here: "http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=620"

Thanks!
85 Undead Rogue
uh...the talents link is not working...plz fix
90 Tauren Druid
I find it so annoying that we can shred certain things in Dragon Soul when it's impossible to get behind them(tendons on Spine, limb tentacles and mutated corruption on Madness), but for whatever reason we can't use shred on Ultraxion, when it's clearly impossible to get behind him. Out of all the fights that have objects that you can't get behind, I think they should have made Ultraxion 'shred-able', seems how you're on him the entire duration of the fight, rather than just a small period of time like the burning tendons on spine.

Do you think they'd ever change this and allow shred to work on ultraxion?
85 Night Elf Druid
It worked at first, and was apparently broken when they made it to where one spec of Rogues could use their Shadowstep (Or whatever it is) on the boss and this change apparently made Shred and Backstab not work.
85 Tauren Druid
12/02/2011 09:30 PMPosted by Bonedetta
uh...the talents link is not working...plz fix

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0ZrbGfRzrdbfzMcz:MzqiwVm
It works for me
100 Worgen Druid
12/05/2011 07:32 PMPosted by Konungr
It worked at first, and was apparently broken when they made it to where one spec of Rogues could use their Shadowstep (Or whatever it is) on the boss and this change apparently made Shred and Backstab not work.

Killing spree. In other words, they wanted to allow one spec to use their cooldown that lasts 6 seconds so that another two specs (one of which doesn't get much time raiding but still relatively viable) couldn't use their main damaging ability.

MAKES SENSE TO ME. I'M SAD.
85 Tauren Druid
BiS Gear List: Normal Dragon Soul/Valor (397/403)

Deep Earth Headpiece
Cameo of Terrible Memories (Valor)
Deep Earth Spaulders
Batwing Cloak (Valor)
Deep Earth Raiment
Bladeshadow Wristguards (Crafted)
Deep Earth Grips
Belt of Flayed Skin (Warlord Zon'ozz)
Bladeshadow Leggings (Crafted)
Molten Blood Footpads (Madness of Deathwing)
Signet of Grasping Mouths (Hagara the Stormbinder)
Seal of Primordial Shadow (Any Boss Except Deathwing)
Vial of Shadows (Any Boss Except Deathwing)
Wrath of Unchaining (Madness of Deathwing)
Ripfang Relic (Valor)
Kiril, Fury of Beasts (Madness of Deathwing)

I thought the heroic dreadfire d##%@ was better?
Also been looking around a few places for the BiS list and saw some other mentions for offset, really trying to make sure about the legs and wrist before I put myself in line for crafted
85 Night Elf Druid
Just a heads up, where you used to have Arcanum of Ramkahen in the enchants section, it says item not found.
85 Night Elf Druid
Hrrm, I thought I had edited that list already.

Tier Legs are better than the Crafted, the Offset Shoulders are the ones you want, from Morchok.

The Heroic Ragnaros Neck and Heroic Rhyolith Cape are slightly better than the Valor Points ones.
85 Tauren Druid
Looking at Mihir's guide on MMOC, he says expertise and hit are pretty weak without 4pt12, is that true? How much of a dps loss is it really to cap them instead of reforging them out?

Also, what makes one item of ours BIS compared to another of the same ilvl?
Edited by Facexkicker on 12/7/2011 2:07 AM PST
100 Night Elf Druid
Believe the numbers are about ~100 dps lost to cap?

Better secondary stats make a BiS. If you have a staff with Expertise / Parry, and one with Haste / Mastery (or Crit / Mastery, depending on your build), the latter would be MUCH better, even if they had the same weapon damage, Agility, etc.

(I know, you won't find Parry on an Agility piece - it was an example. ;P)
85 Tauren Druid
Believe the numbers are about ~100 dps lost to cap?

Better secondary stats make a BiS. If you have a staff with Expertise / Parry, and one with Haste / Mastery (or Crit / Mastery, depending on your build), the latter would be MUCH better, even if they had the same weapon damage, Agility, etc.

(I know, you won't find Parry on an Agility piece - it was an example. ;P)

But since our stats are very similar and are a lot about preference, does it really matter?
100 Night Elf Druid
The upgrade between the normal versions of Ranseur and Flamescythe (2 equal ilvl weapons, only difference being secondary stats) according to Rawr on my setup, was that the firekitty staff was something like a whole 6 DPS higher.

This does put the Firekitty staff as BiS, but for 6 DPS, it doesn't really matter if you have the Ranseur... Except that you aren't as cool as a flaming cat. :(
Edited by Taswind on 12/7/2011 8:34 AM PST
100 Worgen Druid
12/07/2011 04:32 AMPosted by Facexkicker
But since our stats are very similar and are a lot about preference, does it really matter?

It doesn't 4pc t12 didn't change a lot. The values won't change a lot. So stick with the reforging scheme you did before. The fights this tier will value one scheme over another, but I've switched of to Hit/Exp > Haste > Crit > Mastery just because there's plenty of hard swap fights where bleeds don't get much time.
90 Night Elf Druid
Sorry if it's already been discussed before, I haven't read through the latest posts yet, but am I correct when I say that with the new epic gems, blacksmithing will become the most valuable profession, while jewelcrafting will become one of the least valuable (not including gathering professions)?

Two extra gem slots from blacksmithing will give 100 extra agility, while the extra agility given from chimera's eyes will only be 17 per gem, giving 51 more agility overall.

I wonder if Blizzard will do anything about that. Probably not.
85 Night Elf Druid

Also, you look at color of Socket Bonuses and the actual Quantity of Secondary Stats on an item.

12/07/2011 09:41 AMPosted by Zulu
Sorry if it's already been discussed before, I haven't read through the latest posts yet, but am I correct when I say that with the new epic gems, blacksmithing will become the most valuable profession, while jewelcrafting will become one of the least valuable (not including gathering professions)?

For now, Correct. If they come back here soon and change the JC gems like they were supposed to, JC will again be viable, but if they don't, JC will be a fairly worthless profession.
90 Tauren Druid
I just got Kiril in LFR, and oh man is it fun :) I think being a giant cat just about makes up for no longer being a fire kitty.
85 Tauren Druid
Tangedyn, when you get a chance, can you update the third party resources post ("http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2089200852#16") for my Ovale script?

Currently it points to here: "http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=381" which is my 4.2 script. My 4.3 script is here: "http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=620"

Done, thanks!

12/06/2011 12:57 PMPosted by Nintolak
Just a heads up, where you used to have Arcanum of Ramkahen in the enchants section, it says item not found.

That's odd, it was fine in 4.2, guess they must have changed the item ids. Thanks for the headsup!

If you are the person that needs to squeeze every single bit of DPS even if it is only a single digit increase, then you should optimize using Mew. Personally, I don't bother with that and simply reforge my stats prioritizing stats that are also good for bear form tanking.
85 Tauren Druid
I've got a question about mew. I downloaded it and followed the simple introduction to it on the fluid druid site. But after I click calculate, the stat weights section is empty, though model output is there. Am I missing something?
100 Worgen Druid
12/08/2011 03:51 AMPosted by Facexkicker
I've got a question about mew. I downloaded it and followed the simple introduction to it on the fluid druid site. But after I click calculate, the stat weights section is empty, though model output is there. Am I missing something?

There should be a button near the bottom in the Modeling section that says "Generate RSV values" or something similar. Hit that.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]