Cat DPS Guide - 4.3

(Locked)

85 Night Elf Druid
12/08/2011 03:51 AMPosted by Facexkicker
I've got a question about mew. I downloaded it and followed the simple introduction to it on the fluid druid site. But after I click calculate, the stat weights section is empty, though model output is there. Am I missing something?

Yawning has them disabled by default so that people who have no idea how to work with RSVs won't see it tell them something then go ape!@#$ and post everywhere about it. RSVs are relative, and a lot of people don't understand that.
90 Worgen Druid
Tangedyn,

I think it got lost in the noise, but I made some rotation improvements on 11/24 to the default Mew cat script that are specific to 4PT13. This affects your guide in two places, the summary of 4.3 changes at the start and the advanced rotation in section 6.

One of my changes is more or less covered in your existing comments - if you have a FC generated Stampeded buff, I added code to use it as soon as possible bounded by energy concerns. Prior to that change, the script was waiting for TF to come off of cooldown before using up the old Stampede unless the old Stampede timed out earlier.

The other change is to the max energy needed for TF. Once you have 4PT13, you should hit TF as long as you have <= 45 energy (vs. 35 otherwise). This one is a decent jump in dps. It turns out that the value of TF is increased enough by the Stampede buff that it is better to hit TF sooner at the cost of a little energy then it is to wait longer.
85 Tauren Druid
With my current stats, Mew is telling me crit is a little more valuable than mastery, which seems weird since I thought I had a little too much crit in comparison. I don't really know how to judge the comparison of these results. If it shows 0.80 for one stat vs 0.90 under dps, what kind of difference in actual dps is that really? And should I paying attention to the 95% CI area? Not sure what it means.

Something else I'm curious about is, with glyph of tf, is there going to be problems syncing tf with rake? If I have to lose some buffed rakes, how does that affect the strength of the glyph when you've got 4pt13?
90 Tauren Druid
are the 10man Ultraxion parses on World of Logs bugged or something like Spine of deathwing is? i know for spine, hardly anyones parses actually show the kill attempt as a kill, and its listed as a wipe, so theres only 12 ranked feral druids.
85 Night Elf Druid
Most of World of Logs is bugged right now. Half of the Ultraxion parses are from PTR when it was possible to Shred.
90 Troll Druid
i have 15.23% mastery which increases the damage of my bleeds by 49% is this enough?
85 Tauren Druid
12/09/2011 08:32 PMPosted by Kusted
i have 15.23% mastery which increases the damage of my bleeds by 49% is this enough?

As far as secondary stats for kitties go, all of the dps ones (mastery, haste, crit, hit, and expertise) are relatively equal, overall being about 1-2% dps difference. Different boss encounters have different priorities based on how much you can stay on the boss, but still without a big difference.
Prioritizing mastery then crit will get you the most out of bleeds, which is better for fights where you lose contact with the boss for periods of time. Mastery is also good if you find yourself in the role of a hybrid feral, spending time in kitty but becoming an off-tank when the situation arises, as mastery is most beneficial for bears (aside from dodge, which is useless for kitty)
Prioritizing haste then crit will give you the most energy, combo points, and ferocious bites, at the cost of weaker bleeds. This is better for fights that are tank'n'spanks, where you get to sit on the boss the entire time.
And prioritizing hit/expertise caps are a quality of life choice, it ends up being a *very* minor dps loss if playing your rotation *perfectly*. But it helps smooth things out and makes your life much easier, so I suggest hit/expertise capping for anyone who's still learning kitty, or not completely comfortable with their rotation. Being hit/expertise capped also lets you pay a bit less attention to your dpsing, so you get to focus more on not standing in fire.

So in summary, your mastery value is fine, as is any secondary stat choice you make as a kitty, as long is it's not dodge/parry.
85 Tauren Druid
Also, Tangedyn, I know I touched on this a while ago, but my "Shok's Workshop of Horrors" that i was putting together got lost when my computer crashed, one of the ideas I had in it was going bear form once a minute for the enraged mangle/maul while otherwise waiting on kitty energy. I seem to remember it being a minor dps increase for going bear instead of kitty autoattacking, but was wondering if you would have the exact numbers to back that up. (also hoping it wouldnt be too much to get your opinion on doing it more often than once a minute, without the enrage bonus, although it would then probably just be a mangle without the maul.)

Thanks,
Shokanu
Edited by Shokanu on 12/12/2011 12:42 AM PST
90 Tauren Druid
Weapon BiS list. (Until we get more information on the exact mechanics of the Fury of Beasts proc)

H: Kiril
H: Spine
N: Kiril
N: Spine
LFR: Kiril
H: Fandral's/Ransuer
LFR: Spine
N: Fandral's/Ransuer

Is this list still accurate?
85 Night Elf Druid
N: Kiril 36484.96

N: Spire 35778.68

LFR: Kiril 35458.80

H: Fandral's/Ransuer 35262.61

I didn't bother testing more than just these four since the Heroic Kiril and Spire will follow the same pattern as the normal versions, and since the LFR Spire doesn't have an Agi to make it differ from the Higher > Lower iLvl pattern we normally see.

As you can see from the above values the iLvl 390 Kiril is slightly better than the 391 Fandral's even with a lower iLvl and therefore lower Weapon DPS, though the proc is not strong enough to make it better than the 403 Spire.
100 Tauren Druid
Are the crafted Bladeshadow Wristguards (2 red slots) better than the heroic ones that blackthorn drops?
Edited by Roncagliolo on 12/13/2011 3:13 PM PST
85 Night Elf Druid
No. Heroic Blackhorn's Bracers are better than the Crafted, but until then, Bladeshadow are BiS, and unless you plan on tackling him within a week or two, it's definitely worth the investment, well depending on the material costs. I was already sitting on the Mats for the Crafted prior to 4.3 and when they turned out to be BiS until the 6th Heroic Boss, I had my decision made for me.
29 Troll Hunter
I am so confused, and even more disappointed.

I've been using i378 2 pc and finally today I got my 2nd Raid Finder t13 piece. The let down, though, is that in order to get t13, it's on the expense of my 2pc t12. It's either or. Not both.

I gained approximately 50 agility just by equipping the new pants alone (bad thing is that I got hit/exp on pants over my old hit/mastery). I was still expecting a DPS increase with being able to use BitW at 60%, despite losing the Firelands Shred dot. So far I've seen a DPS decrease, and when I switch back to my old pants (t12 2pc activated), it seems as if my DPS increases again.

I was so certain t13 2pc was better than t12 2pc. What gives?
85 Night Elf Druid
If you are seeing a DPS decrease when using T13 2PC over T12 2PC, you are doing something wrong.
29 Troll Hunter
Thank you for that immensely helpful response. My DPS suddenly shot through the roof.

Uptime on stuff is still ~95%.
Edited by Vikingbear on 12/13/2011 7:39 PM PST
90 Troll Druid
How come we don't change our 3rd primary glyph from bloodletting to tiger's fury upon obtaining 2pc t13? Every guide I see says 4pc t13, assuming their is something I'm not seeing.
85 Troll Druid
Because it's rather difficult to maintain rip's uptime when reducing its duration from ~24 seconds to 16, with or without ferocious bite. Having the 4pt13 bonus gives you a free ravage, which is 1-2 free combo points per tiger's fury. This makes keeping it up much easier
100 Night Elf Druid
Thank you for that immensely helpful response. My DPS suddenly shot through the roof.

Might be helpful if we could see the gear, perhaps a reforge issue? Do you loose hit / exp that you are used to having? (While hit / exp is not 100% necessary, it smooths out the rotation.) Gemming issue? Both enchanted? Etc.

Also, I assume you are testing on something static, right? The same boss or a target dummy? Or are you taking the T13 for 1 boss, then swapping it for the next one? Our DPS will vary with certain mechanics on certain bosses regardless of which Tier 2p you are using. (Hi, Ultraxion, and your unshredable hide! Or Spine / Madness with all your target swapping!)
85 Night Elf Druid

You have given us very little information, so I gave you the best answer possible given the available resources. T13 2PC is roughly the DPS gain of both T12 2PC and 4PC combined, so you seeing a DPS loss should not be happening unless you are doing something wrong.

You are posting on an alt, did not post logs, rotation information, or anything really. You gave very basic information, so you got a very basic answer. If you would like to know WHAT you are doing wrong, post more information.
90 Troll Druid
12/14/2011 06:38 AMPosted by Slott
Because it's rather difficult to maintain rip's uptime when reducing its duration from ~24 seconds to 16, with or without ferocious bite. Having the 4pt13 bonus gives you a free ravage, which is 1-2 free combo points per tiger's fury. This makes keeping it up much easier

The first 10% of a boss is knocked off extremely fast with everyone using cds, pre-potting, MM Hunters in CA phase, etc. Then you have 30% until your 2pc comes into play. If we have to switch for long periods of time our 4 piece isn't gonna save our rip on any target, and if we don't have to switch for very long then for 60% our bloodletting isn't really doing anything. I don't think being "difficult" should really determine it if were talking maximizing our dps. I thought their might be some numbers someone used to come to this conclusion though.
Edited by Zel on 12/14/2011 12:21 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]