Cat DPS Guide - 4.3

(Locked)

100 Night Elf Druid
12/23/2011 05:01 PMPosted by Donttouchme
reapply Rip regardless and keep that new powerful Rip up with Ferocious Bite.

I don't think it works that way... As I understand it, the only thing saved with the reapplication of Rip through bite, is the number of CPs in the original Rip.

Scenario A: You have a 5 CP rip up already with TF -> you then bite at 3 CPs without TF = 5 CP Rip with no TF.

Scenario B: You have a 3 CP Rip up without TF -> you then TF and bite at 5 CPs = 3 CP Rip with TF.

(No, I'm not suggesting to Rip at 3 CPs, it was just an illustration of what happens. :P)

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong with that, though.
85 Troll Druid
You're right Taswind. a 1 cp bite will keep a 5 cp rip up. A new rip is applied to the mob using 5cp, but your current AP/TF etc are taken into account in the new rip.
90 Night Elf Druid
With 2/2 Stampede, Ravage costs zero energy, and the buff lasts a reasonable amount of time. With this in mind, you should *never* open with Ravage. Get Feral FF up first, since your free crit Ravage will hit harder. If Tiger's Fury will come off cooldown while your Stampede buff is up, burn energy off so you do not overcap if you Tiger's Fury, and then TF->Ravage to boost its damage even higher.

This part probably needs to be updated for 4T13. Sitting on a stampede proc for TF with 4T13 would waste the free proc you'll get from TF, yes?
90 Worgen Druid
01/02/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Tappin
With 2/2 Stampede, Ravage costs zero energy, and the buff lasts a reasonable amount of time. With this in mind, you should *never* open with Ravage. Get Feral FF up first, since your free crit Ravage will hit harder. If Tiger's Fury will come off cooldown while your Stampede buff is up, burn energy off so you do not overcap if you Tiger's Fury, and then TF->Ravage to boost its damage even higher.

This part probably needs to be updated for 4T13. Sitting on a stampede proc for TF with 4T13 would waste the free proc you'll get from TF, yes?

Yes.

If you have 4P T13, TF available and Stampede up (from FC) use up the Ravage! immediately. Also with 4P T13 you should TF with 45 energy or less rather than 35 energy.
100 Tauren Druid
Hi guys,

Just got LFR feral t13 head and legs. I tossed the head on replacing a normal t12 helm.
The question is, is it worth it to drop a heroic t12 leg piece for a LFR t13 leg piece.

I'd obviously swap set bonuses, and the t12 bonus seems like it would be worth the lower ilevel gear, but I just wanted to check with the pro's.
85 Night Elf Druid
Run it through mew to test for yourself but it's almost definitely worth it.
100 Tauren Druid
Which weapon achieves more DPS?
Kiril, Fury of Beasts lvl 403, (from Madness normal)
or Spire of coagulated Globules? Lv 410 From Yor´sahj.
100 Worgen Druid
01/04/2012 12:12 AMPosted by Roncagliolo
or Spire of coagulated Globules? Lv 410 From Yor´sahj.

Higher item level always wins.
100 Night Elf Druid
Except on H.Falandrals and LFR Kiril (I think it was) :P
100 Worgen Druid
01/04/2012 08:42 AMPosted by Taswind
Except on H.Falandrals and LFR Kiril (I think it was) :P

That's hardly worth noting as it's only one item level. That one is extremely obvious which should be better.

As a random note, apparently LFR vial is better than heroic matrix. I am so sad. I HAVE NOT SEEN ONE ANYWHERE, AND REESI HAS HERSELF A HEROIC VIAL. FFFF
85 Night Elf Druid
01/04/2012 12:59 PMPosted by Dagglet
As a random note, apparently LFR vial is better than heroic matrix. I am so sad. I HAVE NOT SEEN ONE ANYWHERE, AND REESI HAS HERSELF A HEROIC VIAL. FFFF

Vial has less than a 5% drop rate, and it drops from 6/8 bosses in the raid.
100 Worgen Druid
I know this! I still haven't seen one, through 3 alts going through LFR every week along with main raid. :<
1 Undead Rogue
If this question has been asked before, then I beg your indulgence, but how important is it to "specialize", i.e. a haste build, mastery heavy, hit/exp, etc., once I get some gear (new 85 druid). Is it practical to not reforge and just have a balance between the stats?
85 Night Elf Druid
01/05/2012 07:08 PMPosted by Carredd
If this question has been asked before, then I beg your indulgence, but how important is it to "specialize", i.e. a haste build, mastery heavy, hit/exp, etc., once I get some gear (new 85 druid). Is it practical to not reforge and just have a balance between the stats?

A Balanced gear set-up is "ok" but you will gain much more if you prioritize.
85 Tauren Druid
01/05/2012 07:08 PMPosted by Carredd

Balanced setups work well enough, but to get the most out of your druid you really have to prioritize. The main difference to prioritizing vs. balanced is ferocious bites usage. If you max mastery and have minimal haste, you wont have enough combo points available to comfortable fit FB into your main rotation, but the damage loss from less FB's gets made up for by having much stronger bleeds. Maxing haste gives the opposite effect, weaker bleeds, but more FB's to make up for it. Being balanced gives you okay bleeds, but you wont always have enough energy to fit in FB's regularly, so that's why it's good to go for one or the other.
The choice is personal preference, but also fight dependant: if you can stay on the boss the whole time and not energy cap then haste wins, or if you have to constantly leave the target and let bleeds tick down while you energy cap then mastery wins. Also, if you don't yet feel comfortable with your rotation then I suggest going for hit and expertise caps (8% and 26, respectively), so that you dont have to worry about whether your attacks connect or not, and it's only a very minor dps loss.
100 Worgen Druid
Does anyone have any advice on how to track mangle or likewise debuffs on a target? I keep seeing my mangle fall off the target almost right after i apply it, but apparently its just because another raid member is applying a similar debuff.

Any advice on how to track it so i don't waste energy applying a debuff someone else is applying?
100 Worgen Druid
I would just mangle once at the start of the fight. If it falls off shortly after, don't worry about it because they apply it more than once a minute.

That or make a power aura that activates when Trauma, Hemo, or Mangle are active on the target.
100 Worgen Druid
ok, thanks. I'll try setting up a poweraura for it. That seems like the easiest way to track it.
90 Troll Druid
I get many tells/in game mail/forum pm`s asking me why i am still reforging haste over mastery. Where are they getting this info from because my sim data still shows haste as the better stat. I am just confused and wonder why the data i am seeing is being contradicted. I normally would just brush it off but with the amount of questions regarding it i feel the need to ask.

In reply to the question of how to better track mangle i use Power Auras (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/powerauras-classic). Import this string.

Version:4.23; target:true; icon:Ability_Druid_Mangle2; buffname:Mangle/Tendon Rip/Hemorrhage/Trauma; x:-441; bufftype:2; alpha:1; owntex:true; size:0.2; y:-232; texmode:2; timer.Texture:AccidentalPresidency; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.y:-270; timer.x:-442; timer.Transparent:true

This will track all mangle type debuffs (Mangle/Trauma/Hemorrhage) on your current target with a timer for remaining. If you have a hunter using a hyena you can add Tendon Rip but its unreliable and you should just ask your hunter to put it away.
Edited by Notdiggz on 1/8/2012 8:38 AM PST
100 Night Elf Druid
Thanks Notdiggz, I'm stealing that :D
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]