Cat DPS Guide - 4.3

(Locked)

100 Worgen Druid
People be silly, yo. :P
85 Tauren Druid
I told my other dps that I can take responsibility for mangle debuff, or he can, but there's no purpose in both of us doing it. So he decided that he'd rather keep it up, and I trust him to do just that.
85 Night Elf Druid
I'm working on a druid for Feral DPS and after running LFR on my main yesterday a thought occurred to me and I wanted to ask. If Shred is our primary CP builder for raiding, what should be used on fights such as Ultraxion and Madness of Deathwing since we can't get behind them to use Shred? I apologize if this was answered in the guide, I thought I had read it carefully, but didn't see it.
85 Night Elf Druid
I'm working on a druid for Feral DPS and after running LFR on my main yesterday a thought occurred to me and I wanted to ask. If Shred is our primary CP builder for raiding, what should be used on fights such as Ultraxion and Madness of Deathwing since we can't get behind them to use Shred? I apologize if this was answered in the guide, I thought I had read it carefully, but didn't see it.

On Ultraxion you have to use Mangle. You used to be able to Shred and Backstab, but Combat Rogues were unable to use Killing Spree and when Blizzard "fixed" this problem, it broke Shred and Backstab.

You can Shred front facing mobs on both Spine and Madness of Deathwing, so no need to worry about that.
100 Night Elf Druid
01/04/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Konungr
As a random note, apparently LFR vial is better than heroic matrix. I am so sad. I HAVE NOT SEEN ONE ANYWHERE, AND REESI HAS HERSELF A HEROIC VIAL. FFFF

Vial has less than a 5% drop rate, and it drops from 6/8 bosses in the raid.

I know this! I still haven't seen one, through 3 alts going through LFR every week along with main raid. :<

Dagglet, I feel a subtle need to point you to this post: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3082082457?page=21#410

::innocent::
10 Night Elf Druid
Quick question here: I'm cursed when it comes to trinkets this expansion. My current options are Kiroptyric Sigil, Ancient Petrified Seed, and Fluid Death. KS and APS are obviously a higher item level, but alot of their appeal comes from being able to synch them up with a Tiger's Fury. FD is almost the DMC:G of this expansion- way better than ilvl would suggest. Since I can't pop both trinkets simultaneously, I can't use them both on CD and get the benefit of TF for each one. That means I either use them sequentially and have 1 that doesn't benefit from TF (which is bad) or I lose uptime by delaying a trinket activation by 30 seconds periodically (which is horrible). Am I crazy, or is the best combo available to me KS + FD? Maybe my napkin math is wrong, but it looks like APS unbuffed by TF loses out to FD. Thanks for the help!
90 Worgen Druid
01/19/2012 03:04 PMPosted by Calabar
Quick question here: I'm cursed when it comes to trinkets this expansion. My current options are Kiroptyric Sigil, Ancient Petrified Seed, and Fluid Death. KS and APS are obviously a higher item level, but alot of their appeal comes from being able to synch them up with a Tiger's Fury. FD is almost the DMC:G of this expansion- way better than ilvl would suggest. Since I can't pop both trinkets simultaneously, I can't use them both on CD and get the benefit of TF for each one. That means I either use them sequentially and have 1 that doesn't benefit from TF (which is bad) or I lose uptime by delaying a trinket activation by 30 seconds periodically (which is horrible). Am I crazy, or is the best combo available to me KS + FD? Maybe my napkin math is wrong, but it looks like APS unbuffed by TF loses out to FD. Thanks for the help!

correct me if im wrong but i thought on use trinkets could be used at the same time with all the other CDs?
85 Night Elf Druid
01/22/2012 02:13 AMPosted by Båine
correct me if im wrong but i thought on use trinkets could be used at the same time with all the other CDs?

As long as it's not another trinket, yes.

You can pop a Trinket, Potion, TF, and Berserk all at the same time, but you can't add a second trinket in there and get it to work at the same time.
100 Worgen Druid
01/19/2012 02:47 PMPosted by Taswind
Dagglet, I feel a subtle need to point you to this post:

I am mad. It's ok though. I still have gobs of other gear. Just not a vial.
87 Night Elf Druid
hello everyone
im currently having some trouble since this is my first 85 in wow!

first of all im having some trouble figuring out my professions.. i realize the bonuses from the crafting professions are kinda the same but since the first day of wow i wanted to be kinda self suficient and at first glance i thought about JC and alchemy, is that a good/profitable combo? im kinda poor right now, only have 5k... it takes more than that to power level JC? i have maxed mining and herbalism if that helps...

and then regarding my equipments, what should i aim right now to start to raid soon?
thanks!
100 Night Elf Druid
01/23/2012 05:50 PMPosted by Dagglet
Dagglet, I feel a subtle need to point you to this post:

I am mad. It's ok though. I still have gobs of other gear. Just not a vial.

lol - that's ok, your H. Spire means you guys actually DO heroics (we don't. -.-) - so you'll probably get a H. Vial eventually for me to be jelly over. :P

./passes the flask back to Dag
I still don't have the Flamescythe (seriously. wtf?), but I give up at this point. lol. Perhaps it'll bring you better luck. :P
100 Night Elf Druid
01/23/2012 08:27 PMPosted by Galvaobueno
it takes more than that to power level JC? i have maxed mining and herbalism if that helps...

I don't know about Alch / JC as a combination (BS + JC was supposed to be best?), but my best advise to you would be that you follow a professions lvling guide (just google "wow-professions leveling guide", there are free ones), which will tell you how much of all mats you will need each step. tally them all up, go farm a ton of stuff, and then you should be good to go.

Unfortunately, no one will be able to say "5k is enough" or "you will need 25k / 100k / 242k", because each server has very different economies.
75 Worgen Druid
Thanks for this guide. I VERY much appreciate the effort you made to make this guide Tangedyn. :)
100 Worgen Druid
i thought about JC and alchemy, is that a good/profitable combo?

Yes. I love it.

it takes more than that to power level JC

If you buy everything, yes. If you mine from Mithril up, no.

what should i aim right now to start to raid soon?

Gotta get more gear, so head for normals first, since you still have plenty of greens. After you replace some of those, go do heroics, and keep climbing the ladder there.

lol - that's ok, your H. Spire means you guys actually DO heroics (we don't. -.-) - so you'll probably get a H. Vial eventually for me to be jelly over. :P

I get to tank bloods for the 2nd/3rd plates of H Spine. BE JELLY. BE VERY JELLY.
85 Troll Druid
Just wait til you get that vial, and when you're a bear it procs for like 120k, pure delicious
100 Worgen Druid
rofl. I would giggle for years.
100 Night Elf Druid

I get to tank bloods for the 2nd/3rd plates of H Spine. BE JELLY. BE VERY JELLY.

I is, I is... :(
85 Night Elf Druid
01/25/2012 08:41 AMPosted by Dagglet

Why aren't you tanking the Amalg so that you can go Kitty and burn the Tendon and the other tank that won't do as much OT DPS keep the bloods, because if you go Kitty with Bloods still attacking you, it's splat...
100 Worgen Druid
Because one tank is still kiting bloods. I still get to go dps the tendon, I'm only gathering the bloods for the amalg. It's just to keep them in one place while the warrior tank derps around the platform.

Silly 10 man raider. :P
85 Night Elf Druid
When I reforge I always cap hit and expertise because I find it to be extremely helpful but after they are capped should I be prioritizing haste or mastery specifically for Dragon Soul bosses?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]