Cat DPS Guide - 4.3

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Druid
I am wearing 4p t13 right now. Two of my t13 set is from looking for raid (ilvl 384). So my question is if I replace these two 384 t13 pieces with their corresponding H t12 pieces (ilvl 391). Would that be a dps increase or not???
no sir the damage gain from using 4 13 is not a whole lot but is more than 2p 12 i dont know the numbers right off the top of my head but i can update this post after i get to work to show you the numbers
02/29/2012 05:21 PMPosted by Taggs
So, can any of you tell me what is better. Heroic Spire of Coagulated Globules or Regular Kiril?
if you are trying to min max create set using equipment manager with just the two weapons being differnt. Equip the kiril (60 sec icd(may be 55)just reequip after boss kill or wipe) as soon as u get 1 stack change weapons you will keep gaining the buff while having a higher weapon damage+buff makes for some really nice shreds/rip.(seeing how u will still have tolvir pot going and tigers fury) but as i said in the start its only for min maxing/ ranking reasons.
So i was doing some sim work today and i am finding it hard to explain.

DPS (non-BitW): 51336.72936
DPS (BitW): 49359.01329

Am i just reading this backwards or is it saying my none execute dps is higher than execute dps? Now i assumed moving the Blood in the Water slider closer to 60% from 25% would change these results but at 40% i see even more of a change in the wrong direction.

DPS (non-BitW): 65487.49785
DPS (BitW): 50582.98977

If someone could explain whats going on would be appreciated.

From the looks of it assumes you only refresh rip with FB and just keep shreding at 5cp though it may be wrong. i shall look into this
46 Troll Druid
this guide is super helpful thank you very much for posting. after playing an 85 hunter a druid is a totally different world. thank you very much sir.
85 Night Elf Druid
Hello fellow Druid :D
90 Worgen Druid
So i was doing some sim work today and i am finding it hard to explain.

DPS (non-BitW): 51336.72936
DPS (BitW): 49359.01329

Am i just reading this backwards or is it saying my none execute dps is higher than execute dps? Now i assumed moving the Blood in the Water slider closer to 60% from 25% would change these results but at 40% i see even more of a change in the wrong direction.

DPS (non-BitW): 65487.49785
DPS (BitW): 50582.98977

If someone could explain whats going on would be appreciated.

From the looks of it assumes you only refresh rip with FB and just keep shreding at 5cp though it may be wrong. i shall look into this

Mew uses heroism and all available cooldowns at the start of the fight , so the peak dps at the start of a fight is very high. If you have 2 piece T13, then the slider time is multiplied by 2.4 (25% becomes 60%) so when you hit 40% on the slider, 96% of the fight is treated as being in the BitW phase. Assuming a 300 second fight, BiTW would start 12 seconds in so the non-BiTW dps would only cover the first 12 seconds and is not meaningful.
90 Tauren Druid
Basically, leave the BitW slider at 25% or your results are inaccurate.
85 Tauren Druid
awesome guide so far! looking forward to your updates!
85 Troll Druid
Hello everyone,

I just came back from WoW after a long break. Prior to quitting, I'd cleared everything in Firelands in heroic mode up to Majordomo.

Can anyone tell me how I should be prioritizing my stats now? I figure its still agi>mastery>crit>haste>hit

If my hit is very low, should I aim to get it up to about 8%? My goal is just to do raids.

Thanks for any help you can offer
85 Tauren Druid
The stat values for the secondary stats are practically even, there's real no need to worry about them. Just make sure you don't overcap hit or expertise and don't reforge to parry or dodge.
85 Night Elf Druid
Quick question:

At what point (in the duration of rip) does it become dps gain to clip a rip that isn't buffed with TF with a rip that is buffed with TF? I know it's 9 seconds for rake but I'm not sure about rip.
85 Tauren Druid
It's not advisable to clip Rip for a TF'ed Rip. We've simmed it to be at best DPS neutral.
Can someone inspect my gear and tell me how I could possibly increase my DPS. I am only getting about 15-20k DPS and it is getting really annoying. Also any rotation help would be extremely appreciated. I have tried a lot of different things on the forums but nothing seems to be working.
85 Tauren Druid
04/26/2012 03:43 AMPosted by Kawi
Can someone inspect my gear and tell me how I could possibly increase my DPS. I am only getting about 15-20k DPS and it is getting really annoying. Also any rotation help would be extremely appreciated. I have tried a lot of different things on the forums but nothing seems to be working.

Nothing is seriously wrong with your gear or spec. Although you have one wrong gem on a ring, and you seem to be favoring Mastery and Crit in your respec which is generally not the preferred specs although any difference is probably negligible.

So it's most probably with your rotation. Make sure you follow the rotation in the guide as closely as you can. Post WoL logs if possible for us to see what is going wrong.
85 Troll Druid
Hello fellow kittens! :D<3
85 Night Elf Druid
Can someone help me out? It's been a year since I've played. What's good DPS for drus now days? It used to be anywhere around 10k and up to 20k in PVE dungeons would be common. If I were to walk into an epic right now-

1) What would be the minimum I could pull without being an embarrassment?

2) What would I need to pull to be average? What's my goal?
85 Night Elf Druid
By the way I'm not wearing raid gear. My I level is around 347 at the moment I believe? about 6 epics. Maybe a few blues here and there.
73 Troll Druid
Hello fellow cats <3 :D
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]