Cat DPS Guide - 4.3

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Druid
First druid on my account I've level capped, just starting to run heroics, and this guide is a huge help. Thanks for all the work!

I do have one question--if you have two-three trash targets, after multi-dotting them, what next? Concentrate on the tank's target until it drops or swipe?
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Dearest OP and what appears to be co-OPs:
Thank you for this guide! For once I think that EJ's guide slightly pales to one on the official forums!

Next: Tailoring is totes NOT a sub-optimal profession for ANY dps class.
This is because Swordguard not a measly 800 AP, as you referenced, it's 1.000 AP. That's why its often called "Landslide to Cape"!

Corrected napkin maths:
1.000 AP/15s 55s icd:
1.000x15=15.000
15.000/55 (this is assuming that the icd only starts when the buff finishes. I do not know if this is correct.) = 272.72727272...
272.7273 - 52 (I also thought that cape enchant was 26, not 22 agi. I may be mistaken.) = 220.7273 AP
220.7273 AP = ~ 110.3636... AGI
With imperfect uptime this grows closer to the base 80 profession stat increase; however, if more weight put into haste this only becomes better.
Therefore, in my most humble opinion, I implore you to change tailoring from sub-optimal to very optimal!!

Sincerely,
Me.

Edit: also, your original maths were off. Unless I'm mistaken and I've missed something, which is always a possibility. However, I'm going to go ahead and correct them.
800apx15s=12.000/55s(icd)=218.18181(avg ap)...-44ap(static chant) =174.181818ap (bonus over static).../2(convert to AP from agi)=87.0909...("agi" gain over static. No crit or dodge.)
Assuming perfect uptime, still better than normal profession bonuses. Haste will increase the value of procs.
Edited by Mydron on 7/20/2012 10:01 PM PDT
90 Tauren Druid
07/05/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Undergrowth
if you have two-three trash targets, after multi-dotting them, what next? Concentrate on the tank's target until it drops or swipe?

With anything less than 4 mobs, after you've got all of them dotted, just concentrate on the highest priority mob(i.e a healer/really high damage mob", while still maintaining dots on the other one or two mobs. However if there's 4 or more mobs, just spam swipe.

Also, congratz on your first druid :) I hope you're loving it as much as I love mine lol
85 Tauren Druid
Hi everyone!

I will probably not be returning for Mists of Pandaria. Alarron of The Fluid Druid should be taking over this guide, I will update here when his updated guide is ready and we will hopefully get the mods to sticky the new one.

Thanks for your patience, I'm sorry I won't be joining you in Pandaria, but do enjoy your journey!
90 Worgen Druid
Hi everyone!

I will probably not be returning for Mists of Pandaria. Alarron of The Fluid Druid should be taking over this guide, I will update here when his updated guide is ready and we will hopefully get the mods to sticky the new one.

Thanks for your patience, I'm sorry I won't be joining you in Pandaria, but do enjoy your journey!

:(

Best of luck out there in the real world!
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
Good luck Tangedyn!

I'll put in a sticky swap request once the new version is on the forums. Just let me know on twitter or something when it's ready.
85 Tauren Druid
07/20/2012 09:24 PMPosted by Mydron
220.7273 AP = ~ 110.3636... AGI

1 Agi is worth a lot more than just 2 AP, don't forget it gives crit too.
90 Night Elf Druid
is there a place I can go to find new info for the new patch in terms of gemming and reforging?? thanks in advance
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
As a temporary measure until the cat sticky is up and running, Icy Veins has guides for each class you can find here:
http://www.icy-veins.com/feral-druid-wow-pve-dps-guide

I can't verify the accuracy of the guides, but it should give you a starting point.
90 Night Elf Druid
Hi everyone!

I wish you well but i am a bit sad :(

Ty for all the help and have fun :)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]