Gear ilvl 359 & Valor Points

85 Human Death Knight
This my issue, rather more a personal players concern than an issue. I'm already fully geared in ilvl 359 except my helm. I am now currently working on getting my T11 Chest Piece even though the BS chest is good as well. Now once i get that my last purchasable tier piece, valor points will become obsolete to my MS. They will be gathering dust like my Justice Point. Yes i could gear up my OS in Tier gear, but I don't think that was the point intended for valor points. Now will Blizzard be bring out more Gear ilvl 359 to which we can choose from or even better yet introduce purchasable ilvl 359 Weapons. I really don't want to do arena in order to get an epic weapon for my OS and even their the Resilience is useless in PvE.

So Blizzard what many might considered as QQing and/or others as an issues to be addressed, give us some more Epic gear that we can purchase or at least introduce already Epic gems. At least something, before Valor Points become as useless as Justice Point for the ppl who don't want to buy BoA gear.

Also plz remove the freaking shared lock. Already many guilds can clear 6 raid bosses in 1 night. Give us something else apart from only fighting the Final 3 bosses to entertain ourselves. At least removed the shared lock on Wotlk raids. Im bore of dg and want to have fun raiding, at least for the titles and mounts. Ok now Ive gone off topic.

Ok Fridgy, Krethos, or Leko what are ur opinions. Horde ur welcome to join in the QQ session if you plz :P
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Just my opinion here.. but here we go.

1. You still have ways to go to be all BiS for your tanking set ... you are 9 pieces away from that (i'm 7 pieces away)

2. When i'm done on valor for MS i'll be buying Valor dps gear because I dps on 3 raid fights (Magmaw,Velonia,Atramedes aka Artemus ... you know who you are <3).

3. I doubt new valor items will come out that will be ilvl 359, as for a weapon for your OS the BiS Tanking wpn is the best UH dps weapon (i'm going to have 2.. just have 1 right now)

4. Yes epic gems are on their way. I also believe that the justice/valor point system was implemented because everybody could work towards their tier gear and some off pieces. Back in vanilla it was all drop based, you think its annoying now... you should have raided back then. I like the current way cause its a hybrid of drop base and a currency base.

All in all i like the direction blizzard has made in Cata. It seemed when i came back to the game in the middle of WOTLK blizz took a wrong turn somewhere and they now are in the process of fixing it.

edit: Just and example of how raiding was in vanilla.. let me paint you a picture. MC days, your raid was 40 ppl, your tier set was 8 peices, only 2 tier pieces dropped per boss and 2 of your tier pieces were BoE from trash mobs in MC. Think of how long you had to wait to get fully tiered :)
Edited by Krehtos on 2/16/2011 9:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
DK's are horible tanks. reroll a druid.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ysondre/alurez/advanced - #8 in the World

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/riggnaros/advanced - #9 in the World

They seem to be doing alright.... maybe its just you... nuff said :D
Edited by Krehtos on 2/16/2011 12:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
Reroll a bear... heh.

I love healing our DK tank. It's awesomesauce with some leet on the side.

And when the next tier comes out, you can use those valor points to buy whatever the new stuff is... but it'll be a while and you'll probably be maxed long before then. I'd just make a dps set for giggles. And then maybe a stam tanking set for some more giggles. And then... Well, we'll climb that hurdle when we get to it.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Nope dk's are horrible. Reroll dk.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Nope dk's are horrible. Reroll dk.

I concur.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
lol too funny on the dk tanks.
Krehtos your right its true what you say. But its also so frustrating that we hardly ever get tank gear drops. I hoping that one day i get to see the helm drop or some nice trinkets from cata raid bosses. I also really dont like the VP tank trinket. Raler and myself have been very unfortunate with gear drops. Raiding cata has proven to be very entertaining and more fun than wotlk that is for sure. Unfortunately i havent played this game to long and would have love to experienced the vanilla raids.

Ive notice that these little ppl are very angry ppl. Wouldnt you agree :P
Love my Hero Class
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
I hear you about the helm and trinkets. We are in the same boat. Out of my 7 pieces.... 2are valor lol
Reply Quote
I lied. My husband informed me that our valor will turn into justice. Foiled again.

Buy crap you don't need and link it to guildies who need it and be like "Wut up, foo."
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I thought WoW was about the people you played with not gear :(.

JK more loot please.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
What's the problem? Celebrate the fact that you no longer have to do LFD for your measly 70 points.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
^^^^^ agree with this guy for once
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Hoping at some tme to see ilvl 359 weapons introduced also for those of us on servers less raid oriented. Or at least raise the ilvl and quality in Cata Heroics.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]