How long do Draenei live?

72 Draenei Mage
How long do Draenei live? when do they reach maturaty, middle age, and elerlyness?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
They seem to have no upper limit to their age: though whether or not all of them are immortal (Velen is explicitly so) or not is up in the air. References to "stasis" and "cryo pods" on the Exodar imply that some Draenei may enter cryogenic hibernation to extend their lifespans.
Reply Quote
72 Draenei Mage
02/16/2011 9:16 PMPosted by Omacron
They seem to have no upper limit to their age: though whether or not all of them are immortal (Velen is explicitly so) or not is up in the air
Blizzard should just tell us, id like to know.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
We have no information on the subject but many belive they are either inmortal or near inmortal since some of them must have over 25,000 years old.

Its questionable if they even measure their own timein years or states of maturity like the other races (save the Forsaken for obvius reasons).
Reply Quote
72 Draenei Mage
i highly doubt thier imortal, maybe they live up for thousands of years but i highly doubt imortality.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Well the fact that they can enter the Bronze Dragonshrine seems to point that they are mortal but the same can be said about the Forsaken.
Reply Quote
72 Draenei Mage
02/16/2011 9:23 PMPosted by Fincarn
Well the fact that they can enter the Bronze Dragonshrine seems to point that they are mortal but the same can be said about the Forsaken.
whats the bronze dragonshrine?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
02/16/2011 9:24 PMPosted by Achanatan
whats the bronze dragonshrine?

In Dragonblight there is a Shrine for each Dragonflight, yes even the Black Draongflight has one.

However acording to Chromie in Wrymrest temple inomrtals are unable to enter the Bronze Dragonshrine, so he sends the players (mortals) to lure the leader of the Infinte Dragonflight out, since the Infinites are atacking the Shrine in a looptime.

In the end the one wich apears is Norzdumu, interpret this as you will.
Reply Quote
72 Draenei Mage
I dont think Draenei are immortal, one point i have is this. in the starter area for Draenei theres a graveyard, and there is someone by the graveyard who mentions he finds graveyards sad. this points to the fact that the had cemetaries at their homeplanet, meaning people did die at draenor, leading to the possibility that they are probly not immortal.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
02/16/2011 9:32 PMPosted by Achanatan
I dont think Draenei are immortal, one point i have is this. in the starter area for Draenei theres a graveyard, and there is someone by the graveyard who mentions he finds graveyards sad. this points to the fact that the had cemetaries at their homeplanet, meaning people did die at draenor, leading to the possibility that they are probly not immortal.

Yeah, because it's not like the orcs MASSACRED the draenei or anything.

Being "immortal" doesn't mean "can't be killed", it means "cannot die from old age".
Reply Quote
72 Draenei Mage

Being "immortal" doesn't mean "can't be killed", it means "cannot die from old age".
i meant before they had to flee to the outlands, where they meet the orcs, i meen on Dreanor, where there was peace
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
You must also take into acount he just survived a genocide, so they probably had a lot of dead people to bury in any graveyards, and some Draenei were killed by Ogres and some other dangerous creatures even before the Orcish genocide.

Hoever the fact that they have a graveyard as big as the Archiduon (The whole site is a Draenei graveyard) just as they have some rituals like the Draenei in Hnonor wich says their bretheren where denied a proper burial under the Light, seems to point that they in fact are not inmortal, hoever they still seem to be incredibly long lived, wich is one of the reasons why they dont tend to have many children, even in times of peace.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

i meant before they had to flee to the outlands, where they meet the orcs, i meen on Dreanor, where there was peace

The orcs were on Draenor, dude. And even then, they could be killed by demons, ogres, even animals. People die, dude.
Reply Quote
72 Draenei Mage
02/16/2011 9:38 PMPosted by Fincarn
and some Draenei were killed by Ogres and some other dangerous creatures even before the Orcish genocide.
What is the "Orcish genocide"? i know there was a war between the Draenei and the orcs back in the past but how brutal was this war?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
02/16/2011 9:41 PMPosted by Achanatan
and some Draenei were killed by Ogres and some other dangerous creatures even before the Orcish genocide.
What is the "Orcish genocide"? i know there was a war between the Draenei and the orcs back in the past but how brutal was this war?

You know the road that leads to the dark portal?
It's paved with Draenei bones. Every inch of it. Men, women, children.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
02/16/2011 9:41 PMPosted by Achanatan

Over 80% of the Draenei race went down during this war.
Reply Quote
72 Draenei Mage
I thought that portal closed YEARS ago, its still open?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
02/16/2011 9:43 PMPosted by Achanatan

Yes. In fact you will have to cross it in a few more levels, when you get to 58 you will have to travel to the Blasted Lands, across the Dark Portal into the Outlands (wich were know at a time as Draenor).
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

The Draenei were massacred before the first war. The portal was closed at the end of the second war, and reopened during TBC.
Reply Quote
72 Draenei Mage
02/16/2011 9:45 PMPosted by Fincarn
Yes. In fact you will have to cross it in a few more levels, when you get to 58 you will have to travel to the Blasted Lands, across the Dark Portal into the Outlands (wich were know at a time as Draenor).
I was wondering how you got there, why do they call it the Dark Portal?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]