How long do Draenei live?

(Locked)

85 Human Paladin
02/16/2011 9:47 PMPosted by Achanatan
I was wondering how you got there, why do they call it the Dark Portal?

The Orcs named it that way because it was created by the Shadow council (on their side) and Medhiv (on our side)

The Humans could have named it that way because all the Orcs poured from it and only a few knew Medhiv was posesed.
72 Draenei Mage
The Orcs named it that way because it was created by the Shadow council (on their side) and Medhiv (on our side)

The Humans could have named it that way because all the Orcs poured from it and only a few knew Medhiv was posesed.
was it created by warlocks?
85 Human Paladin
02/16/2011 9:51 PMPosted by Achanatan
was it created by warlocks?

Mostly yea. However I am sure Medhiv/Sargeras played a larger role than the Shadow council.
100 Night Elf Druid
On Draenor, it was created by orc warlocks. On Azeroth, it was created by a mage who was possessed by the biggest demon of them all.
39 Worgen Hunter
02/16/2011 9:28 PMPosted by Fincarn
whats the bronze dragonshrine?

In Dragonblight there is a Shrine for each Dragonflight, yes even the Black Draongflight has one.

However acording to Chromie in Wrymrest temple inomrtals are unable to enter the Bronze Dragonshrine, so he sends the players (mortals) to lure the leader of the Infinte Dragonflight out, since the Infinites are atacking the Shrine in a looptime.

In the end the one wich apears is Norzdumu, interpret this as you will.

Game Mechanics, imagine the QQ if Dreneai players could not do that quest
90 Dwarf Paladin
Stasis pods and the like might be used to manage their resources. Keep the number of mouths to feed down while in transit.
100 Draenei Paladin
I lean towards immortal, myself. There's no way to say for sure, until Blizzard tells us.
85 Human Paladin
02/16/2011 10:35 PMPosted by Bowwowwow
Game Mechanics, imagine the QQ if Dreneai players could not do that quest

That or they are really mortal just very long lived.
100 Undead Warrior
In Dragonblight there is a Shrine for each Dragonflight, yes even the Black Draongflight has one.

However acording to Chromie in Wrymrest temple inomrtals are unable to enter the Bronze Dragonshrine, so he sends the players (mortals) to lure the leader of the Infinte Dragonflight out, since the Infinites are atacking the Shrine in a looptime.

In the end the one wich apears is Norzdumu, interpret this as you will.

It wasn't that, the dragons aren't plain immortals who live without aging, their powers are also keyed into this fact aswell, unlike the NE's who need a tree to give them that power. The Dragons source comes from their own powers.

For the Drainei they will never die of old age, they aren't immune to diseases, hunger, etc like the NE's.

However blizzard does have a knack for making game mechanics despite the lore
70 Night Elf Death Knight
The trick to living forever is to forget to age.

Really though, Draenei are "light-touched". I bet the Naaru are extending their life spans to help them survive to become the army of the light.
90 Human Warrior
I think in the prologue of rise of the horde it says they cured aging (back when they were eredar) though i personally havent read the book, but it remains the same.
100 Undead Warrior
02/17/2011 5:38 AMPosted by Draelik
Really though, Draenei are "light-touched". I bet the Naaru are extending their life spans to help them survive to become the army of the light.

Thats difficult when it came to the dark horde where it chemicals to make them into broken.

Even then they aren't given an expiration date at that state.
70 Night Elf Death Knight
Funny thing about that: If you go to the Exodar, most of the Broken are used for manual labour anyways. So it works. For the Light!
90 Human Warrior
I don't think the draenei are immortal, just incredibly long-lived. Velen is obviously ancient. But I don't think it's fair to say every draenei can live as long as Velen. I mean, I don't think even Velen is immortal.

Look at him, he's aging. He's frail, has loads of wrinkles, and a long white beard. He's an old man. In Rise of the Horde, the "eredar leaders" were described as "beings outside of time." Velen was already ancient 25,000 years ago. It's quite possible they are immortal, but I really doubt it. Velen might be immortal, but I don't think the average draenei is capable of living as long as Velen.

Now, before anyone brings up the 3 draenei NPC's that remember Argus, let me say one thing: cryostasis. The draenei already have naturally long lives, toss cryostasis into the mix, and of course there'd be draenei that still remember Argus. I could be totally wrong, but meh. I just think Velen is a "special case" and the average draenei, while long-lived, can't live nearly as long as Velen has.

Why would he be a special case? Faction leaders DO usually live as long as a typical member of that race, with a few years more or less. For him to be immortal but others not to be doesnt.
100 Dwarf Paladin
Well we know there are plenty of Draenei characters who remember Argus and don't really look all that old. If they've lived for 25,000 years without aging significantly, then we can safely call them biologically immortal.

If I had to guess, Velen was simply already aged significantly whenever the Eredar figured out how to stop aging. It's possible he could of made himself younger, but he probably chose not to for whatever reason.
86 Tauren Warrior
02/17/2011 9:15 AMPosted by Falrinn
If I had to guess, Velen was simply already aged significantly whenever the Eredar figured out how to stop aging. It's possible he could of made himself younger, but he probably chose not to for whatever reason.

Either that or Velen is really old. But yeah, I'm thinking the eredar reached such a level of development magically, scientifically, and biologically, that they've become ageless.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]