TRP2

87 Night Elf Mage
I'd put this in the mod forum, but I figure roleplayers might be more likely to actually use this mod. :P

I'm trying to run it, but running into serious problems, what I suspect are mod incompatibilities. I can't use many of the basic features of it. I have -no- way to customize minions/mounts (apparently this is supposed to be some kind of selection option on the character or target portrait?) I also do not get any pop-up text when mousing over states on a character tooltip, and almost never see mounts or pets attached to those character tooltips.

I do hate its chat functions, so I have that clicked off, as are the coordinates, but everything else is on. I haven't tried item or quest creation but strongly suspect I would find issues there as well.

I use a lot of mods, but nothing that is particularly uncommon. Auctioneer, dominos, enchantrix, lightheaded, prat, tomtom, notesuneed, omen, recount, and xperl. I also use ghi and mrsp, but those are the only ones I was able to unearth in relation to this topic, and it was universally decreed they do not cause problems of this nature.

Has anyone else had any mod compatibility issues with TRP2? Any culprits I should watch out for? Or am I off in left field and it may be something else...?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
I have issues with it as well. If I'm not currently using it to do a quest I turn it off except for certain characters.

I find that any mod that does anything it does(Which includes GHI, MRP, and others) causes compatibility issues with it. When I turn it or those other mods off, the problems stop.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

I find that any mod that does anything it does(Which includes GHI, MRP, and others) causes compatibility issues with it. When I turn it or those other mods off, the problems stop.

I have GHI, MRP, and TotalRP2 running all at the same time - I don't get any glitches from them except for the one where I can't remove/add glyphs and another that messes up my map, which are both fixed by /reload ui.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Rogue
I've had TRP2-related problems with Tongues before. Normally, when I'm talking in a different language, it would show up in the language in the chat bubble and translated in the chat box. When I have TRP2 and Tongues going at the same time, it doesn't translate into the chat box, so I don't know what anyone else is saying.

It's weird.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I don't have any issues from TRP2. It might be other mods interfering with it.

Of the addons you use, I only use prat, DBM, auctioneer, omen, and recount. I've got more than that, but you can probably strike those off of the list of culprits.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I'm having the same issue with TRP2 where mounts and pets won't show up. It did in one case but hasn't worked since.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
Mounts and pets show up for some characters and not others. It's pretty odd. Other than that, no issues so far.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Just tried it again to be sure.

With TRP2 on, it interferes with MRP, GHI, and WIM.

With it off, none of those have any problems at all.
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Mage
Hmm. Thanks all. ^_^ I've got a better idea where to begin experimenting now. It's good to know it's not just me, too. ;)
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Warrior
I run TRP2, GHI and MRP without any issues.
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Mage
Alright! New question.

It seems the primary culprit is xperl, which isn't that surprising. It overrides the changes TRP2 tries to make to unit frames, and thus neither the button on the target to change a mount/companion's name/states, nor the little box with the states you can mouseover, appears.

This is sort of a dealbreaker for me with this mod. The default unitframes suck, and I refuse to play with them. There is no way I know of to disable xperl in-game, without relogging, though this would be a satisfactory solution as I don't need good unitframes during most RP. However having to log out and in every time I try to start an RP isn't an acceptable situation.

So my question is twofold: first, has anyone with xperl managed to bring TRP2 to heel, and second, does anyone have an alternative suggestion for a unitframes mod that -will- work with TRP2?

Thanks ^_^
Reply Quote
64 Worgen Hunter
I'd actually been having a similar conversation with my guildies yesterday, as I'm trying to figure out, in this new era of non-cross-compatability, which RSP addon(s) I should look at using to try to catch the majority of my guildies descriptions.

Several people who use Total RP relayed to me that they -only- use it after they've disabled any of their mods which alter their UI. They tend to be able to use it and other RSP addons like MRP concurrently, but anything that alters UI they say they get awful problems with.

*shrug* An imperfect system, but I guess the truth is the majority of the times you'll need an RSP addon are when you're going somewhere you probably don't need a customized UI.
Reply Quote
I have had no issues with the mod, but did you check the addon's info on Curse? Some common causes include:

Having both the English and the French version of the mod both enabled at the same time. After installing the addon you need to - in your addon section of the WoW character screen - disable the French or English packages(s).

If you had the addon prior to their big update, you need to uninstall it and delete any of its folders before installing the new version.

Though I have had no issues with it, the only other addons I run are Omen, Recount, VuhDo (on my healers), WIM, DBM, and GatherMate2.

EDIT: Typo.
Edited by Medha on 2/18/2011 8:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Alright! New question.

It seems the primary culprit is xperl, which isn't that surprising. It overrides the changes TRP2 tries to make to unit frames, and thus neither the button on the target to change a mount/companion's name/states, nor the little box with the states you can mouseover, appears.

This is sort of a dealbreaker for me with this mod. The default unitframes suck, and I refuse to play with them. There is no way I know of to disable xperl in-game, without relogging, though this would be a satisfactory solution as I don't need good unitframes during most RP. However having to log out and in every time I try to start an RP isn't an acceptable situation.

So my question is twofold: first, has anyone with xperl managed to bring TRP2 to heel, and second, does anyone have an alternative suggestion for a unitframes mod that -will- work with TRP2?

Thanks ^_^

Try ShadowedUnitFrames instead of xperl, I found it to work and look better. Plus it's a lot lighter of an add-on, and to me feels like there's less bugs. Maybe that'll help if xperl is the main add-on conflicting with trp2.

Edit: OR get add-on control panel that lets you disable add-ons in game.
Edited by Shailaja on 2/18/2011 9:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Rogue
Just to add, it seems like when I have TRP2 running, my GHI items don't link properly. They just show up in whatever normal color the rest of the text is with brackets around them.

Is this just me or are there other people with the problem? And is there a newer version of TRP2 since the last patch that I'm supposed to have downloaded?
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Rogue
Alright! New question.

Thanks ^_^

Try ShadowedUnitFrames instead of xperl, I found it to work and look better. Plus it's a lot lighter of an add-on, and to me feels like there's less bugs. Maybe that'll help if xperl is the main add-on conflicting with trp2.

Interesting... I'm also a big fan of ShadowedUnitFrames... as far as I can tell, everything in TRP2 is working just fine so far, *except* I don't see any buttons attached to the unit frames. I figured it was SUF causing this. I should see a button when I self target (or even target a companion), shouldn't I?

I'm also not seeing any TRP2 button when I go into ShadowedUnitFrames config. I thought it might be hidden behind my unit frames. I cranked the x/y position sliders in TRP2 for the button, but still no joy.

Reply Quote
Alright! New question.

Interesting... I'm also a big fan of ShadowedUnitFrames... as far as I can tell, everything in TRP2 is working just fine so far, *except* I don't see any buttons attached to the unit frames. I figured it was SUF causing this. I should see a button when I self target (or even target a companion), shouldn't I?

I'm also not seeing any TRP2 button when I go into ShadowedUnitFrames config. I thought it might be hidden behind my unit frames. I cranked the x/y position sliders in TRP2 for the button, but still no joy.

Just so you guys know in regard to the button that appears on the target frame; by default, the button hooks to "targetframe," which is what the default UI uses. For someone like me, though, who uses PitBull, you'd have to go into TRP's settings where you can configure the buttons and put in the name of the custom unit frame where you'd like the button to hook. Again, in my case, I had to change "portrait button" in TRP's button settings to show on the frame called "PitBull4_Frames_target" instead of "targetframe" that would have been the default choice.

And these names are case sensitive, so you'd have to make sure you're inputting the name in TRP's settings as such. (PitBull4_Frames_target not pitbull4_frames_target)

Also, for people wondering how to determine the name of the frame they'd need to use as an anchor, an addon such as MoveAnything can do that. Just open up the menu, and check the box called "FS" (FrameStack) that you'll see on top of the main window and it'll show you the names all the frames use when you hover your mouse over something.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I don't see of any way to adjust the size of the button, though. If anyone can help a gnome out with that he'd greatly appreciate it.

EDIT 2: I decided to move 'character states' to the frame called TRP2_PersoTooltip so I edited my post. I suppose the frames you decide to use aside from the one for the target button are probably a little arbitrary.

TL;DR:
You're not seeing the TRP button because it's set to appear on the game's default UI target frame. You can manually set it to appear on any other frame in TRP's button options menu, which would make it so it can show on the target frame in Xperl, SUF, or any other custom unit frames you might be using.
Edited by Gnimbus on 2/19/2011 1:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Rogue
TL;DR:
You're not seeing the TRP button because it's set to appear on the game's default UI target frame. You can manually set it to appear on any other frame in TRP's button options menu, which would make it so it can show on the target frame in Xperl, SUF, or any other custom unit frames you might be using.

Perfect! Thanx so much!
Reply Quote
02/19/2011 1:56 AMPosted by Failariël
Perfect! Thanx so much!

Of course, and I hope you were able to work it out with your unit frames.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
For anyone who has TRP2:

I was trying to drag the menu over to the center of the screen. Then the game froze and now I cant get the menu to appear at all.

Can anyone help?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]