Older players?

85 Human Mage
Hi,

I'm actually looking for not only an older guild, but maybe even an older realm! I love this game, but can not stand these angry and disrespectful teenagers anymore. I'm only 23 years old, but I love when the game stays a game. And I'd like to find a realm/guild, where people are helpful and kind with each other.

Hope to find people who thinks the same! :)

Thank you
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Hi all.. Here is the guild you have been looking for!! <Stonewall Senior Guard> is a unique social guild on Proudmoore server established specifically for the mature player LGBT/Friendly gamer 40+. It's a start up guild w/ the usual amenities seeking all lvls, all experience, and fun loving players. The guilds goals and direction will be a team dicission. Officer positions available. Serious replies only for this one of a kind guild. pst/mail in game to Moeshia or any SSG player.
Edited by Kaltriss on 12/22/2011 10:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
3 Human Warlock
I am on Aggramar and always looking for players over 45 to play and chat with:-) If you have a guild made up of mostly older players, I would love to hear from you.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I have a LEVEL 25 guild already established on SILVER HAND's Horde side recently renamed THE ANCIENTS MISBEHAVING. I am retired and older than Yoda and I have recently restructured this guild (more than 5 years old and was Malicious Intent) with the idea of raising the average age of all members as high as I can to make gray hair a norm instead of an oddity or token player. :) There are several or more of us now.

IF YOU ARE STILL LOOKING:

We figure we are Ancient and chose Horde for the mischieveousness of misbehaving. Some of our thirthy-somethings thought they were old until I mentioned my 17 year old grandson who played. :) Too fun.

I have been playing since vanilla and running this guild for over 3 years now, but this focus in recruitment is newer. All of my members support the idea.

We do some of everything and I think we have a really great group of honest, friendly, and respectful people, albeit still not enough that are older than Yoda to suit me. Getting there though and anyone in this thread can come help.

We have:

A few hundred toons of which about a third are 85s and the rest leveling
a 7 tab guild vault for the swap meet
a 30 user ventrillo hosting service free to members for chatting and gaming
Maxed crafters in every category and helpful to those leveling
A Dog Pound event to gather our pets before Battle Pets are on us
A forming PVP premade
We are talking about restarting a Raid team - we did the Lich King title and slowed
A lot of members leveling babies or fond of lots of alts
A website for swapping tips and coordinating schedules:
http://www.theancientsmisbehaving.guildlaunch.com you can sign up and take a look around. All of our members can add recruits so you can find someone ingame in Who and ask for an invite if you have one on Silver Hand or want to roll a baby to take advantage of the level 25 leveling benefits.
We are sooo helpful and you are sooo welcome to come.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
<Stonewall Senior Guard> Alliance faction on Proudmoore, the best realm in the game, is more than just a LGBT friendly guild! We are fun loving, funny, easy to get along with, generous, and all members are 30+ too boot! This LGBT friendly unique guild is for the player who has wisdom, maturity and not necessarily experience. The guilds' commitment to you is to help you reach your in game goals no matter the pace. Vent is a social medium and will never be used for criticism...

We have the usual amenities and are seeking players of all levels or experience. We pve, pvp, instances, and strive to start raiding...so bring your friendly self on over and sit down and have a chat with me about your game goals...pst me when you are're ready or ask any SSG when I will be on again...

May the Stonewall Senior Guard Light Shine on You!
Karen
Edited by Moeshia on 8/10/2012 8:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
i have been in a couple mature guilds. one we had to disband on garrosh. our age reqs were 20 somthings and up. and had a very in depth process of application.

it was cool but we often had trouble getting things together as schedules for our members were all over.

i think its great people from other servers wish too poach our mature players from a weak realm as is. seriously great. pretty mature there isnt it.

my recommendation is too interview prospective guilds on the server. even though most have all ages there are quite a few with a mojority adult playerbase. Knights of the Citadel is a family friendly raiding/pvp/casual guild with a decent player base. all ages though most who talk on vent etc are 30-50 Y.O. your children are welcome as well as any grandchildren. we keep g chat vulgarity free for these reasons. the vent channels are different. and theres many channels on vent we use. team based channels general chat etc.

I personally welcome any and all mature Garroshians to come on over and give us a go. be you 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 or even 110. i think id realy love to chat in vent with the 70+ crowd. after all my fav way to spend time is kickin it with the 80 yo g-dad and hear his stories. btw im 33 a father but by no means that mature.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Rogue
I read your post and liked what I saw though it was quite a while back.

I'm +60, still working, relatively new to WoW, and have a 19yo son who has been playing from the beginning. He has a circle of friends that he plays and communicates with regularly. They do raids and such, and all have many 90 level characters.

He's helped me get to where I am now - I'm leveling a rogue (60), a death knight (63) and a mage (25). He's been pretty good about including me, but the age difference is just too much for me.

Looking for a group of older guys and gals to do dungeons, and generally learn more about the game so someday I can kick my son's *ss in a duel :)

I had planned to find some folks to start our own guild, but if you have something that fits my description that I can join, then all the better.

Is there something like a PM in this forum system?

Anyway, if appropriate, let me know what the name of your guild is and I'll check it out.

Cheers!

I have a LEVEL 25 guild already established on SILVER HAND's Horde side recently renamed THE ANCIENTS MISBEHAVING. I am retired and older than Yoda and I have recently restructured this guild (more than 5 years old and was Malicious Intent) with the idea of raising the average age of all members as high as I can to make gray hair a norm instead of an oddity or token player. :) There are several or more of us now.

IF YOU ARE STILL LOOKING:

We figure we are Ancient and chose Horde for the mischieveousness of misbehaving. Some of our thirthy-somethings thought they were old until I mentioned my 17 year old grandson who played. :) Too fun.

I have been playing since vanilla and running this guild for over 3 years now, but this focus in recruitment is newer. All of my members support the idea.

We do some of everything and I think we have a really great group of honest, friendly, and respectful people, albeit still not enough that are older than Yoda to suit me. Getting there though and anyone in this thread can come help.

We have:

A few hundred toons of which about a third are 85s and the rest leveling
a 7 tab guild vault for the swap meet
a 30 user ventrillo hosting service free to members for chatting and gaming
Maxed crafters in every category and helpful to those leveling
A Dog Pound event to gather our pets before Battle Pets are on us
A forming PVP premade
We are talking about restarting a Raid team - we did the Lich King title and slowed
A lot of members leveling babies or fond of lots of alts
A website for swapping tips and coordinating schedules:
http://www.theancientsmisbehaving.guildlaunch.com you can sign up and take a look around. All of our members can add recruits so you can find someone ingame in Who and ask for an invite if you have one on Silver Hand or want to roll a baby to take advantage of the level 25 leveling benefits.
We are sooo helpful and you are sooo welcome to come.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I just turned 63, been playing for about 9 years I think, would love to find a mature senior guild, was in one ages ago, but a lot of the guild stopped playing due to a wide range of things from health, kids or dying < happens to any one who lives long enough! lol

I will move toons to different realm to play with seniors, as someone said above, as we get older, we don't move quite as fast as the kids lol.
Reply Quote
31 Human Priest
I have 3 bank guilds and am 74. ALLY The System- Skywall Gentle Persuasion- Carrosh. Horde Forgotten Legion -Scryers. I got tired of guilds self destructing over end game and petty bickering. I also disliked guilds promising support and giving none. I have all professions covered and DKs that can run dungeons for my toons as I have 2 accounts. Right now Im playing my Horde as they need the most help. Check it out and see what you think.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
We have a few older players in <The Wicked Brotherhood> and a 21 and up age requirement. Our GM is Drsquishee who is kinda like a human tree. Dont tell him I said that, he wont heal me anymore. Everyone is mature for the most part, but we do love to joke around. Also <Dramatic Escape> has a few with one foot in the bone yard. Mirane would be the one to ask over there about joining. But neither one is very active during the day or anything I hate to say. Probably napping or watching The Price is Right. >:D
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Any oldtimers Alliance guilds on Skywall? Not really looking to jump servers just yet, but I can if it come to that
Reply Quote
The Elder Council is a level 25 social guild solely comprised of older adults above the age of 35. We currently have 80 actual members and our median age is around 50-55. We are also proud to say we have members in their 70's and 80's!

Our focus is to create and maintain a friendly, helpful atmosphere free of elitism and negative criticism in which our members can relax and enjoy their gaming experience. We place more importance on the person behind the character than we do their ability to play well or their item level.

We don't raid beyond LFR and we occasionally do older raids such as Firelands and ICC. When we have guild events all are welcome and encouraged to participate. We play with the team we have and win or lose, fun is all we really care about.

It is our hope to become the guild where older adults gather and make their home. Please visit us at www.tecouncil.enjin.com. We'd love the opportunity to meet you!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Brotherhood of Light will take you in if you choose. We are chill
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I am looking for a guild for my character Astarte on Garrosh. I have just transferred her over and would like a mature guild that is sociable. I do a bit of everything except roleplaying. I am not against it but have never participated and am not particularly interested. If you think I would be a good fit for your guild please message me in game on Astarte. I also play horde on Zhufi if I am not on Ast at the time.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Hi! I’m a 56 year old grandma who works full time and has been playing WOW since the fall of 2007. My teens taught me to play so I would better understand their reasons for not completing their chores in a timely fashion, promising if I learned to play WOW I would understand. And, they were right! Two weeks later as the rice boiled over on the stove and dinner was totally ruined, I finally fully understood the phrase, “NOT NOW!! … I’M IN AN INSTANCE!!”

About two years ago we created a family-N-friend Alliance guild. Long story short: The kids (now in their mid-to-late 20s) said they could no longer afford to pay their WOW memberships and refused to buy the MoP expansion. So, I left my three toons in that guild to gather dust while I bought MoP, and leveled my 90 RET pally in a level 25 guild instead.

Found out last weekend they had simply abandoned our guild and have been playing on another server since MoP. So I logged in, became the GM of The Crimson Order, booted out all the traitors and reorganized all the tabs in the guild bank. TA-DA! We now have plenty of room for like-minded well-aged/mature players who may not be quite so hopped-up about raids, scenarios, dungeons, and battleground groups.

If you enjoy leveling by questing, farming for your professions, doing a little PvP while you are out in the field, and would be brave enough to try dungeons and battlegrounds with friends/guild members who won’t kick you out because you are a little too inexperienced, this might be the guild for you. Playing alone all the time is okay, but I tend to spend a lot of time kneeling reverently at the feet of the Spirit Healers waiting for a rez and paying to have my armor continually repaired.

If interested in joining a low LEVEL 8 Alliance Guild (The Crimson Order) on Shattered Halls, please send me a guild request or mail me in-game.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
03/28/2011 08:58 AMPosted by Nomobo
You start a guild by going to a capital city guild master NPC, purchasing a Guild Charter, and getting 10 unique signatures (i.e., different accounts). Pretty simple.

The guy in Org is outside Garrosh's throne room, on the west wall of the building.

You don't need 10 sigs anymore I think its about 4.
Reply Quote
I recommend :

Alliance Guild - Dark Side of the Moon

Horde - rendezvous

Anisocoria - I bet you have a great guild !!
Edited by Pennydread on 7/29/2014 1:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Come one come all. Cri de Guerre (Shu'halo) is looking to build its ranks with +55 members. I have read everything here and said, YEA someone else sees a need for a guild who welcomes mature (senior) players.

Cri de Guerre (Battle Shout - Alliance) is a lvl 25 guild currently with 2 (LOL) members with several alts about 50% Lvl 90's.

Just did a realm transfer back to Shu'halo to try and build the guild up again. Both members (sister and I) are 60+ and have been playing WoW for 9 years.

The goal for the guild is to encourage older players who enjoy questing, running dungeons and raids, and provide a calmer environment to learn end-game mechanics of these areas, but more than that to just have fun in a non stress-filled environment through talk, sharing experiences both past and present, and laugh. We have most of the professions covered and can provide both gear and consumables to help while you either level new toons or find yourself short during guild activities. The guild has a 6-tab functioning bank.

We also have a sister horde guild that can be transferred.

Please contact me (Krixdaeni - GM) through in-game mail, if you are interested in joining. Look forward to hearing from those interested.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
http://justhavingfun.enjin.com/

<Just having fun> is a horde guild on Silver hand for adults.

Guild focus - PvE, Social, leveling, running instances and casual raiding

Guild style is casual and social.

We are a guild of adults who want to play and have fun. If you want to run instances, level or just pvp we have a place for you. If you want to raid without the progression orientation we have a place for that. We want to play with other adults who just want to have fun playing wow in a fun environment.

Raiding style will be more serious. Emphasis in raiding will be to work together as a group without drama or making others feel bad. The expectations will be that players sign up and come on time with food and flasks and work together with the group to get bosses down.

As the guild grows we will have weekend casual raiding.

contact shaynah @ Battlemom#1568
Edited by Shaynah on 2/11/2015 10:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I see no one has written much about a Senior's Guild in a long time.
I am so very interested in becoming part of such a Guild. I play Alliance on Elune. However, I am very willing to change Realms for a Senior Guild. My Main's name is Emberice.

Would love to raid and see some of the end game stuff...But want to do it with friendly(and patient) players.

If anyone has info about such a Guild, I am all ears!!

Happy Hunting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]