Incoming Healer Changes

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Priest
02/16/2011 11:31 AMPosted by Retrocution
And tank heal chimaeron without a single flash heal. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Why would you ever use Flash Heal on the tank on Chimaeron?
85 Night Elf Priest
02/16/2011 11:29 AMPosted by Kuthillin
You missed the point of the last 200 post. The way in which they handled it is the issue. The 2 options you list at the end of your post are not the only options.

What else would they do to a shield that has a hight absorb rate and low mana cost that was allowing 21k HPS?

They are letting you keep the power of the shield, you just can spam it like you did in WotLK. The problem was that Disc was shielding everyone in a 10 man raid and I'm sure that is not what Blizzard intended it to be.
61 Blood Elf Priest
And shamans still have ridiculously long cast time on their heals. Please, is a 2sec HW too much to ask?

on topic, /cheer for resto shamans, they're much better to play than priest healing. I'm glad to know they aren't nerfing bubble, just increasing its cost. good thing also, disc was terribly OP and boring to play
85 Worgen Druid
Thank you for listening to us and finally addressing what we resto druids and resto shaman lack.

Thank you!
85 Dwarf Shaman
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Can't emphazise it more ...btw, a way i think that shamans could get a powerful CD is putting Shamanistic Rage out for all specs. Here comes the heavy damage part of the encounter? Pop SR and spam heals!

This could also leave a spot open to get some tanking talents for the much wanted enhancement shaman tanks. :P

EDIT: Oh, and let SR affect healing spells in some way.
Edited by Víndor on 2/16/2011 11:44 AM PST
85 Blood Elf Priest

Because you don't PvP.

Not only does he not pvp he must not pve. If you flash heal then there's something wrong with you. You wouldn't be able to keep a raid up or conserve mana with spamming your little rotation. Your argument is only based on a pve perspective and doesn't take into account more than 3 spells. If you don't think there's something fundamentally wrong with disc then you're probably spam queuing for randoms and have yet to do some serious raiding or pvp for that matter.

I'm going to quote you twice because you must be that ridiculous.

1. I cast more than three hells in a raid setting. PoH is my friend, PoM gets used liberally. Flash heal is used in a pinch (especially for healing intense fights) My point was that for tank healing Penance to throw up 3X grace then G-heal and shield is not going to change because of the increased mana on one of my spells.

2. If you're going to insult someone on a forum board can you at least do some research before you speak. You haven't even touched BoT yet let alone completed any of the fights that are healing intense at all. You did Magmaw and Toxitron which are complete jokes. Even Maloriak is a midge harder than those two. If you're point is that I haven't PVPEd, then you are for the most part correct. But insulting others to validate your point is ridiculous.
85 Blood Elf Priest
02/16/2011 11:37 AMPosted by Glov
And shamans still have ridiculously long cast time on their heals. Please, is a 2sec HW too much to ask?

Use Tidal Waves.
85 Dwarf Priest
Even with points in rapture (mana regen based on our shields), we will have even less mana then before. For the sake of senility, what on are earth are you kids thinking?

The logic is simply really flawed especially when it comes to PvP. If anything, nerf our Improved Power Word Shield numbers, but not the mana costs. Geez, we have enough problems as-is with mana.

Good going Blizz and Neth */sarcasm.*
85 Night Elf Priest
02/16/2011 11:36 AMPosted by Kuthillin
We don’t find this to be a particularly compelling playstyle and have found that it encourages players to avoid using other spells such as Penance. We believe that using a shield in a tight moment is totally appropriate, but we don’t want it to be incredibly efficient to do so with more frequency than that.

This is the part that I find most frustrating; that a spell with half the talent tree devoted to it and mastery 100% devoted to is to be used for "tight moments". So PW:S is an "oh ****" spell now? If you feel disc priests aren't using other spells enough maybe there is something wrong with the other spells? Hmmm...

They meant using shield as a form of raid healing. You'll still use it on the tank every time it is available. You just won't be shielding the entire raid.
100 Draenei Shaman

Shaman

We are also applying a hotfix for Purification for the Restoration shaman passive from 10% to 25%. We think that shaman healing per second is not as competitive with other healers and while we hoped to bring down Holy priest and Holy paladins (in particular) in 4.0.6, which we did, shaman still appear to be behind. In this case, it is simply easier to buff Restoration shaman rather than nerf everyone else or rebalance the encounters.

In Addition- Restoration Druids and Restoration Shaman

We agree with the sentiment among some players that Restoration druids and Restoration shaman are lacking in the healing cooldown department. The shaman buff and Power Word: Shield adjustment above should bring all healers reasonably close in terms of throughput. The decision on who to bring then might end up being dictated by the strong cooldowns offered by paladins or priests. This isn’t the kind of thing we can address via a hotfix, but it is something we are looking at for the next major content patch.

As always, we appreciate your continued constructive feedback and will do our best to keep you informed of ongoing developments.

Waitwaitwait

So I get to keep playing my shaman and be of a benefit to my raid beyond mana tide?? :D Soso glad to have finally gotten word that you guys feel the same on shaman throughput and druid/shaman cooldowns as the players do. It's good to know the community and you folk are at least on the same chapter, if not the same page.
85 Blood Elf Priest
02/16/2011 11:35 AMPosted by Akylie
And tank heal chimaeron without a single flash heal. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Why would you ever use Flash Heal on the tank on Chimaeron?

Why wouldn't I? Double Strike requires the tank to have a good deal of health. if I fall behind I just cast a flash heal to start my top off.
81 Goblin Hunter
So you're nerfing a part of discipline and to balance it you're buffing holy?
Am I getting this right?

You don't like the way Disc Priests are using PW:S so you're nerfing it for disc priests but because it might affect Holy Priests...You're going to buff holy a bit.....

Yeah sorry but none of that makes sense.

/agree

Most of the people that spam trade looking for healer on my realm only want Holy Pally, or Holy Priest as it is. Why nerf Disc Priest?
85 Human Paladin
ETF
"The decision on who to bring then might end up being dictated by the strong cooldowns offered by paladins or priests."

I'm curious if you could expand on this because I'm not sure what Blizzard considers a Holy Paladin cooldown.
85 Blood Elf Priest
02/16/2011 11:36 AMPosted by Kuthillin
We don’t find this to be a particularly compelling playstyle and have found that it encourages players to avoid using other spells such as Penance. We believe that using a shield in a tight moment is totally appropriate, but we don’t want it to be incredibly efficient to do so with more frequency than that.

This is the part that I find most frustrating; that a spell with half the talent tree devoted to it and mastery 100% devoted to is to be used for "tight moments". So PW:S is an "oh ****" spell now? If you feel disc priests aren't using other spells enough maybe there is something wrong with the other spells? Hmmm...

Exactly, they want us to use other spells, but honestly our other heals suck. The fact that they mentioned penance is such a laugh since its such a small heal on such a long cooldown. I'm so glad that my mastery and 12 points in my tree are dedicated to a spell that should only be used in "tight moments". Not to the mention the fact that our mana regen is also based on rapture which requires us to keep at least one shield up at all times, that doesn't sound like "tight moment" mechanic to me. But then again rapture is going to be near useless after this fix so I guess it really doesn't matter. Obviously this is a very well thought out change.
85 Dwarf Priest
02/16/2011 11:37 AMPosted by Glov
I'm glad to know they aren't nerfing bubble, just increasing its cost. good thing also, disc was terribly OP and boring to play
Then you know what the could have done instead, was to simply lower the percentage healed instead of hurting us in the mana department. We already have a difficult of enough time with mana.

What most people don't realize is that this affects in two separate places now as Disc regarding mana - hurting Rapture...

That's why this implementation is not very well thought out.

02/16/2011 11:42 AMPosted by Avalyne
I'm so glad that my mastery and 12 points in my tree are dedicated to a spell that should only be used in "tight moments".
Exactly this too. Our mastery has been made even more useless (no priest in their right mind would have stacked it in the first place over Spirit.) Thanks for the joke here.

Can you borrow back some of the senior game designers that you sent to work on your new MMO? It looks like they're needed now.
Edited by Nocturnal on 2/16/2011 11:45 AM PST
85 Goblin Shaman

They balance 3v3, 5v5, and rbg simultaniously. There have been no statements from blizzard saying that they will stop balancing arena.

so battlegrounds were balanced, then, throughout WotLK? is that what you're saying?

I completely disagree with you here. Blizzard focuses their balance goals on the content that is most relevant. They've said on multiple occasions that arena no longer fits into that category.

it's the same reason that none of these changes are made with level 35-45 healers in mind.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]