Incoming Healer Changes

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Priest
You could at least compensate for the mana cost increase of PW:S by allowing bubbles to critically absorb.
85 Troll Shaman
Much appreciated.
85 Goblin Shaman
thank you x1000
85 Draenei Shaman
Wow... a healing cooldown for shaman??? I can't believe what I'm reading!
85 Troll Priest
02/16/2011 10:10 AMPosted by Shottielol
You could at least compensate for the mana cost increase of PW:S by allowing bubbles to critically absorb.

that would be OP.
94 Human Paladin
Nice Shaman changes, for sure. They definitely needed a throughput buff.

This probably won't be popular, but I think the mana cost increase on Holy Light was a little stiff. The old holy light, pre 4.06 was close to mana neutral, but the new one effectively doubles the mana drain (cast time x cost - regen) of holy light.
85 Night Elf Warrior
Hope there is a similar sticky about dps/tank stuff. :)

But in the healer department, very very glad to see the lack of druid/shaman external cooldowns has finally made some kind of dent. Looking forward to see what you dream up. Barkskin castable on others is a pretty frequent suggestion on the Druid side. Personally, I think something could be done with Nature's Swiftness, since the new healing model of fast/medium/slow, instant doesn't do much more than let you drop your slow spell quickly once every 2-3 mins.
100 Orc Shaman

We anticipate having these in relatively soon (possibly as soon as sometime today). We'll do our best to let you know once they're in and we'll be updating the notes on the Hotfix thread as well.

I am beyond thrilled with this change and I'm so relieved it can be hotfixed in rather than waiting for a patch.

Thank you so much devs for this boost, it's been sorely needed.
86 Draenei Shaman
Neth, are these Shaman/Druid Healing CD's going to be coming next tier (a.k.a. 4.1) or is this something you might do with a major patch (like 4.0.6)?

I ask because our team has a resto shammy and druid, so that would be awesome. :)
85 Blood Elf Priest
And I was just getting back the feeling of WoTLK with using bubbles so much...this'll put me back to where i need to be.

/slap wrist Bad priest!
100 Blood Elf Priest
Good changes. I'm somewhat worried that people will get around the mana cost increase by feeding disco priests more tides/innervates, but I suppose the hps of shield spam isn't quite high enough to justify that sort of technique.
85 Orc Shaman
Absolutely awesome, here is some feedback if you really want it. That is great! You are looking at cd's for resto, please don't forget to look at the defensive ones too-

P.S. If you get around to it, please look at ele.
85 Undead Priest
the problem with PW:S is blanket shielding. So now, you're hurting 1-3 shields (for pvp) to fix raid members doing 10 plus? Why don't you figure out a way to hurt the abusers...not the users.

Arcane Blast style scaling seems reasonable.
The Grace stack refund seems reasonable.

What you are doing isn't reasonable.

85 Draenei Shaman
You really do love us neth!

(I knew you did, but there were doubters)
85 Draenei Hunter
If you think the PW:Shield use by disc priests is a matter of "compelling playstyle", why do I not see a not about them being compensated elsewhere? The addition of further nerfs to an already underrepresented spec in Cataclysm PvE is baffling.
Edited by Shreya on 2/16/2011 10:19 AM PST
85 Tauren Shaman
02/16/2011 10:08 AMPosted by Nethaera
Any ETA on these hotfixes coming in? I'm pretty pumped.

We anticipate having these in relatively soon (possibly as soon as sometime today). We'll do our best to let you know once they're in and we'll be updating the notes on the Hotfix thread as well.

That's awesome. Thank you!
85 Blood Elf Priest
So holy pallies dropping 60k+ Healing bombs isn't OP? Holy pallies healing three targets every time they cast one spell isn't OP?

It's still a small percentage chance. It would not be game breaking, especially since they're raising the mana cost to a ridiculous amount. All other heals can crit. Why not our bubble?
85 Dwarf Shaman
<3
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]