Incoming Healer Changes

(Locked)

85 Troll Druid
Im a Druid restoration heals....... the effect time on my heals are way too short and i find it hard to keep the party members alive.... please help resto druids out.... its terribly annoying to keep wiping becuase the heals dont last on a target long enough to be able to start healing another party member........

From Irkkal

:)
80 Undead Priest
I like the gameplay of using PW:S on cooldown, and feel it's pretty similar to keeping a HoT rolling on the tank. If PW:S is too powerful maybe it could prevent 75% or even 50% of damage instead of 100%? Maybe then it could keep the low cost without being the only button we use.

Thinking that through though, I can also see the perspective that using things on cooldown isn't very hard or fun. While that makes logical sense, it hasn't been my experience so far when I'm healing.

It's hard to tell from the blue posts how much they really want to discourage disc bubbles. Did Neth mean to make it sound like it should be used like a defensive cooldown instead of as a primary heal? I hope they can find a sweet spot where it's more expensive than the efficient heal, so you don't feel like a chump if you don't use it immediately on cooldown, but also not so expensive you actively avoid using it.
85 Draenei Shaman
If I may ask when these hotfixes are occurring because I have been checking my talent summaries for days and there is no sign of 25 % its still state 10%. So when?
85 Draenei Shaman
I hope that they release the healing changes on Tuesday. The shaman change is a good start to balancing out the classes.
85 Orc Hunter
02/20/2011 7:27 AMPosted by Destrolin
wow thanks blizz. My priest is already SH*T... You're just making him even Sh*ttier... You nerfed us when cata came out, and here comes a 2nd nerf... why cant you make us like the pallys for a while... They were crazy OP back in the beginning of WOTLK...

If you think the Priest class is crap, you should probs run off and find another game.
1 Draenei Priest
02/20/2011 9:06 AMPosted by Abrolhos
wow thanks blizz. My priest is already SH*T... You're just making him even Sh*ttier... You nerfed us when cata came out, and here comes a 2nd nerf... why cant you make us like the pallys for a while... They were crazy OP back in the beginning of WOTLK...

If you think the Priest class is crap, you should probs run off and find another game.

I will, thanks. Been here for 4 years, just isn't fun for me anymore. I don't play on the live realms for a PTR experience. I don't pay a sub to play a beta... lastly, sort it out Blizz for gods sake.

INB4: Can I haz ur stuff.... No, I'll be back when they figure out WTF they want my favorite class/spec combo to be.

Laters.
85 Undead Priest
Since the release of patch 4.0.6, we’ve been keeping an eye on healers and how they are performing and are currently in the process of making some additional adjustments.

Priests

The cost of Power Word: Shield is being increased by 33%. While we wanted Discipline priests to be able to utilize this spell more often and with better results, we also did not want it to be the main spell (and often the only spell) used while in groups. We don’t find this to be a particularly compelling playstyle and have found that it encourages players to avoid using other spells such as Penance. We believe that using a shield in a tight moment is totally appropriate, but we don’t want it to be incredibly efficient to do so with more frequency than that.

We realize that by making Power Word: Shield slightly more expensive for Discipline priests to cast that it might cause Holy priests to avoid using it. To that end, we are adding mana savings into the Body and Soul talent. The tooltip will not reflect this change until a future patch, however. Ideally, Holy priests should not notice much of a change to the Power Word: Shield costs.

Shaman

We are also applying a hotfix for Purification for the Restoration shaman passive from 10% to 25%. We think that shaman healing per second is not as competitive with other healers and while we hoped to bring down Holy priest and Holy paladins (in particular) in 4.0.6, which we did, shaman still appear to be behind. In this case, it is simply easier to buff Restoration shaman rather than nerf everyone else or rebalance the encounters.

In Addition- Restoration Druids and Restoration Shaman

We agree with the sentiment among some players that Restoration druids and Restoration shaman are lacking in the healing cooldown department. The shaman buff and Power Word: Shield adjustment above should bring all healers reasonably close in terms of throughput. The decision on who to bring then might end up being dictated by the strong cooldowns offered by paladins or priests. This isn’t the kind of thing we can address via a hotfix, but it is something we are looking at for the next major content patch.

As always, we appreciate your continued constructive feedback and will do our best to keep you informed of ongoing developments.

This is a nerf to shadowdps priest also .. and thats quite unfair our abilty to stay alive depends on our mana .. We have been Buffed then nerfed back to worse then we was before the buff .. ither give us our 25% dmg back for shadow or drop the super high cost of
Shield nerf cause ya cant give us a inch then knock us back down a mile .. its not worthy of blizzards great statue in online gaming as the biggest mmorpg.
1 Draenei Priest
02/20/2011 9:20 AMPosted by Shockblock
^ QQ more plz

Good for you. Hope this made you feel better about yourself. /golfclap
85 Draenei Priest
Posting in here again just to tell the head of blizzard to hire new dev's these current ones are terrible and betting any gold, they are the same people who broke Star Wars Galaxy....
100 Goblin Shaman
"We are also applying a hotfix for Purification for the Restoration shaman passive from 10% to 25%. We think that shaman healing per second is not as competitive with other healers and while we hoped to bring down Holy priest and Holy paladins (in particular) in 4.0.6, which we did, shaman still appear to be behind. In this case, it is simply easier to buff Restoration shaman rather than nerf everyone else or rebalance the encounters."

All one needed to do was look at world of logs to clearly demonstrate Shaman healing was seriously gimpped. Even the best shamans in the world were not healing up to par with mediocre priests/druids or pali. It was not an issue of skill or situation... It was an issue because of blizzard not balancing the classes like they had said the purpose of the changes were many times. What is the point of public test realm if blizz is still 100% unable to address these issues in a timely fashion? Look at my gear.... By Tuesday I will have 2 other 359 pieces. Even after these meaningless patches blizzard has done...... My paladin "Closeshave" who hit 85 yesterday heals almost as good in all situations as my shaman.

Please if you are going to "Buff" the shaman please do it correctly and balance all the classes like you initially promised.
47 Undead Hunter
Yay now I dont have these annoying priests in dungeons who pull and only heal themselves, THEY TOOK OUR TANKS JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
80 Night Elf Druid
ppl cry too much
85 Dwarf Warrior
Is the Shaman hotfix currently live on my server Shadow council? i know the tooltip wouldnt show this yet until server restart, but is the passive purification 25% now up from 10% please help :D i think i woulda noticed a 15% increase to heals, any of my heals, lol, which it looks to me it hasnt been put on my server yet. Shammy healers are pretty horrible, i mean a slighty better geared priest in guild, her powerword shield = all 3 my top heals added togther, i dont know how blizz could allow that lol, oh well
90 Blood Elf Priest
Last night I did some raiding, played my main, disc, and also tried holy on atremedes. I feel awkward playing both specs, holy because I've always been disc, and disc becuase I'm not sure what I'm 'meant' to do. I find myself casting PoH, and gheal a lot even as disc. Sanctuary and CoH were very cool raid healing spells, but I wasn't geared properly for holy and I went oom much too fast due to lack of experience with holy.

Disc, I have a lot of experience with. But it just doesn't feel right. I find it a little bit depressing playing disc. I'm not so great at holy, but it makes sense to me. I understand the spec. I just don't get disc anymore. I will still play it as my main. I'm not doing any less healing than before. That's not the issue. I just feel uncomfrotable knowing that my direct heals are more efficient than my shields. I wonder if i should be getting better at holy because those spells which I use on disc so often are stronger on holy.

I'm just feel out of place with disc after all these changes. I wish the devs would take the design of disc more seriously. I have a feeling they don't have anyone on the dev team that plays a disc as their main. They just dont' 'get it'.
85 Blood Elf Priest
I tried being nice. I tried being reasonable. I offered my experiences. I was met with silence.

I'm no "hero". I'm a regular player. I've never been in a top raiding guild (the price is too high for me). I've never received a "server first". I've never claimed to be "epic".

What I have done is gone OOM in between pulls, many times, shortly after Cata was released. Guess what. I'm now doing it again. Average item level of 344, going OOM in a Heroic Stonecore.

I don't believe I can trust the WoW developers anymore, with regards to silent nerfing. Changes were made before we were told, or the tooltips reflected the changes.

Here is what I know:

I figured out how to play my priest, keep everyone alive, complete a heroic, and have mana left over at the end. I haven't changed my style....and I feel like I'm back at the beginning, again.

Blizzard...I already busted my ass once getting the gear to get the heroic gear to make heroics manageable. Why am I doing it again? Is it because I refuse to use "heal" like you so desperately want me?

Now I hear you guys are thinking about adding a 10 second CD to mangle for Druid tanks.

Look, I don't know who you recently hired, that keeps telling you to "adjust" classes....but quite plainly, "Stop it"!

Your changes suck. Let ME play. Let ME choose.

Yeah, PW:S is for "tight situations". Funny how the more changes that are made, the more "tight situations" occur.
96 Orc Shaman
This is some good news for resto shams.

Thanks Blizz :)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]