Incoming Healer Changes

(Locked)

O.o that is not cool man... i love that spell :(
90 Night Elf Priest
Hello this is my first time posting.

I do not play as much as many of the other people who post here, howecver I do enjoy the Discipline style of play.

I have a suggestion, that might help Discipline long term, instead of just raising the cost for PWS.

If you increase the time frame of the weaken soul debuff to say to 22 seconds (hypothetical number,) players would have to use other spells as they waited for the debuff to fall off.

However, as Shields is what we do best, we should have access to them when we needed them most, like during periods of heavy damage and definitely when where tank healing.

So, I would also propose, that the weaken soul debuff be reduced by 2 seconds for each stack of grace on the target. This along with SOS would allow tank healing to stay in a good place, while increasing the utility of Penance.

Furthermore, for heavy aoe damage, I would propose a modifier, that would reduce the defuuff, based on critical damage taken, while grace was active on the target.

At the end of the day Shields remain the focus, however other healing spells have to be used in order to maximize the utility of the spell, which I feel would work better than penalizing us, for doing what we do best.

Again i'm not a theory crater, however this seems to make some sense to me, as a template for a long term solution.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
No Hpally luvs???
Lol yay, I finally get geared enough for healing heroics with ease and now they increase shaman healing by 15%, atleast i can heal badie tanks easier now
85 Orc Shaman
02/20/2011 2:49 AMPosted by Blackforce
Doesn't surprise me that healers continue to get good news. Always getting buffs when thier abilities are already too good. They never get nerfed without gaining something else that makes up for the nerf.

I would like to see you play a healer then talk to me about it, until then play your hunter.
Edited by Lickmehealz on 2/20/2011 2:47 PM PST
85 Human Paladin
I feel holy pallies are still going oom faster than any other class
85 Orc Shaman
02/20/2011 2:42 PMPosted by Boux
I feel holy pallies are still going oom faster than any other class

You must be doing something wrong every Hpally i ever see healing in heroics is always topped off on mana.
90 Tauren Shaman
lol, always makes me LOL when a pally complains. pallies have it soooooooo hard. what a joke.
90 Tauren Shaman
Is it being serious? like....frill?
85 Human Paladin
well i must be doing something wrong then not that im complaining im just trying to help but in all goodness i have to be doing something wrong then.
87 Goblin Shaman
I wish we could get a blue post to see if the Shaman buff has been implemented to all realms...
85 Orc Shaman
02/20/2011 3:12 PMPosted by Tribalwar
I wish we could get a blue post to see if the Shaman buff has been implemented to all realms...

Yea even though others are saying it has already been implemented i don't see any difference in my healing and there hasn't been any realm restarts so my guess we probably won't see any difference till the realms are restarted but hey what do i know.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
for once...pallys arent being touched? first time in 4 months we havent gotten a nerf.

\o/
89 Undead Mage
this is how its forcing you to only play their way you have to put 31 points in to one talent before you can put what little remaining point in something else so this is it all frost mages are all the same all destolocks all the same all all disc priests all the same there is no indivuallity left in this game.........i think i'm going to try RIFT when it comes out
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/20/2011 3:44 PMPosted by Vonbludhurst
i think i'm going to try RIFT when it comes out

no one cares. should we be looking for your qq forum post about how bad the game is before you leave too?
85 Goblin Shaman
so when does this go live?? i'm really wanting to see how much it has improved
85 Goblin Mage
Hello this is my first time posting.

If you increase the time frame of the weaken soul debuff to say to 22 seconds (hypothetical number,) players would have to use other spells as they waited for the debuff to fall off.

No. Way too long. Bad idea.

IMO blizzard should have left PWS alone. The whole idea that has now been reverted about giving Holy a reduced mana talent for it to make up for it showed their ignorance of it's use. Holy priests never cast shields because that would upset the disc priests in the raid due to the longer weakened soul debuff. Encouraging them in any way to cast it is really a dumb idea. Increasing it's duration to 22 seconds is an even dumber idea.

PWS is the reason everyone in your raid has a nice bubble around them to protect them from harm and allow them to happily DPS, tank or heal their little hearts out. Now only key players in the raid will have that privledge, and the rest of the raid will suffer. It was not needed, and a bad idea all around. I do not know why they felt they needed to do this.
85 Draenei Shaman
Are the changes to purification live yet? Because my talent still says 10%.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]