Incoming Healer Changes

(Locked)

85 Goblin Shaman
Maybe you better look again: I've got 6 Argoloth kills, 6 Magmaw kills, 3 Omnitron kills, 2 Maloriak kills, 3 Halfus kills and a Conclave of Wind kill. That's not counting alts--I heal for my guild almost every raid night, and I feel more effective on my shaman than I do on my pally or my priest. I'm guessing you only looked at my activity feed which only shows up to the last 50 things I did. I'm a busy guy. Good try though. Next time you try to flame somebody, at lest get your %@#* straight.

All i got to say is LOL!!!!

his first post was lol to >.>
85 Blood Elf Priest
If developers are so hung up on how they think we should play....so hung up to the point they will nerf and nerf and nerf until they pidgeon hole us into an "accepted" rotation...I wish they would just TELL us what that rotation is.

Its obvious they don't want us to be unique. They don't want us to have unique styles. They want us to play THEIR way and THEIR WAY ONLY. So I wish they would just eliminate the guessing game and stop trying to give us the illusion of choice (which they are failing massively at) and just TELL us what is appropriate.

Maybe then we can either a) decide what THEY want us to do isn't fun and move on or B) just play it so they can stop playing ping pong with our classes.
Edited by Saraphiell on 2/21/2011 3:05 PM PST
85 Draenei Shaman
02/21/2011 10:15 AMPosted by Lickmehealz
*Reads your other posts*

Respect for you=gone
85 Blood Elf Priest
02/21/2011 3:05 PMPosted by Saraphiell
Maybe then we can either a) decide what THEY want us to do isn't fun and move on or B) just play it so they can stop playing ping pong with our classes.

or ....c) WOW Strike!!!....Do it NOW!!!!

:)
85 Human Warlock
Good changes. Now make it so protection pallys can't just constantly use word of glory, shield, and flash heal so they can be impossible to kill in pvp.
85 Human Paladin
hmmmm i say protest in wow. ps make pally heals better for the cost of mana jeeeeez
85 Orc Shaman
02/21/2011 3:36 PMPosted by Kyruus
*Reads your other posts*

Respect for you=gone

I was just laughing at the fact that someone was trying be a troll and ended up getting corrected. Have to admit that was pretty funny and i am sorry you lose respect for me no pun intended.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I feel I should reforge all of my PvP gear to get rid of master considering that my shields now gobble mana when I already have issues going oom in long encounters. At least I have a paladin to play when I want to feel the 'balance' of the classes.
5 Draenei Priest

In Addition- Restoration Druids and Restoration Shaman

We agree with the sentiment among some players that Restoration druids and Restoration shaman are lacking in the healing cooldown department. The shaman buff and Power Word: Shield adjustment above should bring all healers reasonably close in terms of throughput. The decision on who to bring then might end up being dictated by the strong cooldowns offered by paladins or priests. This isn’t the kind of thing we can address via a hotfix, but it is something we are looking at for the next major content patch.

As always, we appreciate your continued constructive feedback and will do our best to keep you informed of ongoing developments.

Paladins and priests do have nice tank cool downs, but I think that is also what makes them unique from Shamans and Druids. Druids have the ability to battle rez, and shamans can ankh and provide Mana Tide Totem as their unique abilities. In a 10man raid setting, where class composition is important, a resto druid may already be chosen over other healers for the ability to battle rez. Similarly, if shaman healing is to be on par with other healers and they were given a strong tank CD, what would be the point of bringing other healers, when shamans can rez themselves and MTT everyone? If a paladin or priest died, they wouldn't be able to pop back up and still provide their tank CD. Perhaps on certain fights the paladin and priest tank cool downs may be more valuable, but ultimately I think each healing class already has unique abilities which they can provide to the overall success of the raid.

I think it's great that shamans have received a buff to their healing, since I've long thought their output has been subpar this expansion, but I also think that the increasing amount of homogenization in terms of special abilities and cool downs may be removing some of the uniqueness of each healing class.

I can also only speak from a 10man perspective, as I haven't run any 25man raids. Perhaps this situation is more relevant to that raid size.
85 Draenei Shaman
02/21/2011 10:08 PMPosted by Lickmehealz
I was just laughing at the fact that someone was trying be a troll and ended up getting corrected. Have to admit that was pretty funny and i am sorry you lose respect for me no pun intended.
Oh, well I assumed I was being attacked again and became defensive D= . I retract my previous statement, good sir, and give you +1 internets =D
85 Night Elf Priest

Prayer of Healing was nerfed by 15%
Shields are no longer castable, beyond procing rapture by priests with lower gear levels, as the mana cost is too prohibitive. This makes raid healing exceptionally difficult for Disc, as POH feels entirely too weak -- and DA lasts way too short a time period.
This means that borrowed time -- doesn't work as intended, and my heals are inherently slower whenever power infusion is on cool down. Since I can't afford the mana to cast a shield, to get a hasted greater heal.
Penance's cost was recently buffed, and it remains on too long of a cool down even with the glyph. Shaving a few seconds off this CD could help. While not healing for as much as it should given it's high cost, and the fact it's on a CD.

Atonement heals are ok for five mans -- in raids the fact that we can't control who the heal goes to, makes this type of healing a total gamble and is really only something I do when I need a bonus to my healing.

All in all -- it feels like the play style of disc simply doesn't fit into the cata model of triage. How can you cast the right heal, at the right time, on the right target if your primary MO is to prevent damage from being taken in the first place? Short answer: You can't.

We're left with shields we can't afford to cast on more than the tank.
Weaker direct heals.
And weaker prayer of healing than holy -- so we're less effective at raid healing.
We are still okay single target/tank healers -- but Paladins do this job so much better than we do, with less mana issues.

I feel like Disc traded places with shaman who use to only be brought to raids for their totems, now Disc is only brought to raids for it's cool downs.

I don't wanna spam only one button. But I do think there is a call for our other spells to be buffed if they don't want us using this button as often. Otherwise we're simply a weaker version of a holy priest.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't know if this has been suggested but one way to make shaman healing compete with other classes is to make Healing Stream raid wide...cuase honestly if there are two or more shamans in the group i can tell you that one will be planting it.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Posted by Héäl
Really you think druids are lacking?? in healing CDs.... is that because they have a Cyclone that has no cd or because of roots that has no CD? Give me a spamable cc and they can have a Healing CD.

L2 DR?....

ooh. poor OP Holy Pally.

"WHAT!?! WHY DO DRUIDS GET 2 CDS?!?! WTF! I ONLY HAVE....
Bubble, HoP, HoJ, Guardian, Wings, Favor, and Freedom!"

man, that must be rough. Sorry Pallys. Never saw it your way.

L2 DR you are so cool man you name all of my CD and i name 2 of ur cc's but ya thats equal and all but one of my OMG HUGE defensive CD can be dispelled... can cyclone?
90 Draenei Priest
And the hammer falls on Disc Priests. Thankyou. I just deleted my Disc Spec. Last straw Blizz. And I really liked what they had to offer the raid. And no, I didnt spam Shield anymore, couldnt afford to do it. Now, its gonna cost even more mana to cast one shield. I am just completely, insanely insensed at this line of thought GC. (*&&^ ()&*(^%$ you for taking the fun out of playing.
90 Pandaren Priest
Prayer of Healing was nerfed by 15%
Shields are no longer castable, beyond procing rapture by priests with lower gear levels, as the mana cost is too prohibitive. This makes raid healing exceptionally difficult for Disc, as POH feels entirely too weak -- and DA lasts way too short a time period.
This means that borrowed time -- doesn't work as intended, and my heals are inherently slower whenever power infusion is on cool down. Since I can't afford the mana to cast a shield, to get a hasted greater heal.
Penance's cost was recently buffed, and it remains on too long of a cool down even with the glyph. Shaving a few seconds off this CD could help. While not healing for as much as it should given it's high cost, and the fact it's on a CD.

Atonement heals are ok for five mans -- in raids the fact that we can't control who the heal goes to, makes this type of healing a total gamble and is really only something I do when I need a bonus to my healing.

All in all -- it feels like the play style of disc simply doesn't fit into the cata model of triage. How can you cast the right heal, at the right time, on the right target if your primary MO is to prevent damage from being taken in the first place? Short answer: You can't.

We're left with shields we can't afford to cast on more than the tank.
Weaker direct heals.
And weaker prayer of healing than holy -- so we're less effective at raid healing.
We are still okay single target/tank healers -- but Paladins do this job so much better than we do, with less mana issues.

I feel like Disc traded places with shaman who use to only be brought to raids for their totems, now Disc is only brought to raids for it's cool downs.

I don't wanna spam only one button. But I do think there is a call for our other spells to be buffed if they don't want us using this button as often. Otherwise we're simply a weaker version of a holy priest.

Very well put, I went disc years ago due to a lack of pally healers in our guild. We have always been the misunderstood class and thought of as PVP players only.

Luckily I belong to a great guild that understands the benefit of our class and we have been having some very nice success in CATA so far. I again would like anyone to note the last time DISC actually got a buff in class, shields were just adjusted to the absorb they should have been.

Not sure why Blizzard seems to want to ruin this class
85 Night Elf Priest
Well I understand the huge nerf to raid healing for disc players with this but in my opinion I never truly thought of the disc as a raid healer and more of a tank healer. In wotlk, they never really were able to accomplish the "tank healer" role compared with others especially pallies. And to an extent even now, other classes still dominate tank healing. But I think it's getting better at that slowly.

While you guys complain that you rather spam your one button shield on everyone so you can "justify" raid healing, but isn't that what Holy's design is for. And honestly, I loved disc just as much as the next fan but after Heroic Lich King encounter on 10 & 25 where as a disc you just sit there and spam shield on everyone constantly. I couldn't bear facerolling on my keyboard for the umptine attempts on H Lich King, so I'm just lost at why you would want to do that permanently.

Priests have two healing specc's for a reason and is vastly overpowered when looking at just that. So it should come with no surprise that both specc's differ in not only spells but roles. While of course the bubbles have long since been good due to being preventive damage for the raid, in my opinion Blizzard is just trying to make Disc a more viable tank healer and I think it should. While a lot of Disc spells are low on output in general, the buff to shields was a step in the right direction for tank healing but due to raid usage the cost got increased. If you really want to raid heal, go learn the other healing specc as a priest and not focus solely on "DISC IS ONLY FOR MEH". A good player learns all aspects of their class...
Edited by Talthis on 2/22/2011 6:16 AM PST
85 Blood Elf Priest
I haven't read through everything so if I repeating other peoples findings I am sorry. We finished our raid week last evening and I have to say I was enjoying disc before the power word mana increase. I was able to mitigate some pretty awesome damage to the raid and do some nice tank healing while at it. With this change my ability to help raid heal by tossing out bubbles to the raid before huge burst damage was to about to go out is gone.

When we did Nef this week my platform had the 4 people on it. Last week I did this easily as disc taking two crackles in the air phase and people staying topped. This week after one attempt I had to go back to holy to be able to do this. I am not certain with our bubble changes and the nerfing of PoH how we are suppose to keep a group up with high AOE damage and still come out having mana if we are not holy.

It makes me sad that I will be back to holy spec 90% of the time again because it is not mana efficient to be disc for the type of healing that is required of our group. I still am not sure why they thought changing the mana cost would balance things out. All we did was mitigate SOME damage there is more then enough healing to go around. The bubbles absorb but we need other healers like druids, shaman, pallys etc to top everyone up after we mitigate part of it.

Just my thoughts and hoping you look at this tweak and choose to try and balance it out so disc can again be a choice for several fights instead of a niche spec that only has limited uses.
Edited by Mìnx on 2/22/2011 7:18 AM PST
100 Dwarf Priest
I know i did not read all 83 pages of this but are all priests disp?? ... lol .... i know as holy i have felt the nerf bat alot since cata and again in the 4.0.6 patch ... mana hurts , aoe heals hurt, pretty much left to praying my heals work ... guess that IS what priests do ... pray ... i keep seeing disp getting little hot fixes and buff's which i have noticed in the raid healing charts ... i have ran disp and its a nice spec for sure ...given my current raid situation its not feasible for 2 disp priests ... i currently use 11 keys on hot keys and i wish i was more coordinated but that's all my fingers can handle and still find my "w" ... i have tried alot of different healing styles and so far still struggling with mana and not having the party die in heavy aoe situations ... answer my prayers blizzard I need a help!! :)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]