Incoming Healer Changes

(Locked)

100 Goblin Shaman
is that purification already update ? why i stil see is 10%???
100 Human Priest
f you don't want PW:S to be a Disc priest staple, why do you insist on making it a requirement for our 4 piece set bonus?

Ontop of that, for a skill that you don't want us to be using it all of the time, why are 1/3rd of Disc talents dedicated to that ability? talents that allow us to use that ability more often?

PW:S has always been a staple of the Disc priest build. Damage reduction and absorption is what we bring to the table. If you want us to use our other core abilities, you need to give us greater incentives to use those abilities. Penance, Pain Suppression and PW:B are the only other abilities that set us apart from Holy priests. Saying that disc priests should be using Heal/Greater/Flash more often is ridiculous because all of their efficiency talents are in HOLY.

Stop flip flopping. If you're going to say PW:S is no longer a core disc ability, give us some talents that reflect this. We have 6 talents that specifically relate to PW:S and we have 2 talents for Penance. Penance, which is the primary tree ability we're given for going Disc, only has 2 talents, where it's only mentioned in passing.

Well said! They have screwed with Disc abilities that sets us apart from holy and then tell us to use primarily holy abilities. I do not like holy, I am not good at playing holy and why would I be if I've been raiding as Disc spec since the good old MC days. I'm geting kinda annoyed by the people saying "I have no problem with it so you guys must be bad". There is a reason people who tackled hard mode progression content in the past are having problems now. There is a reason people are leaving the game and moving on to Rift.
85 Orc Shaman
02/22/2011 5:39 PMPosted by Liferz
Seems to me the shaman purification hotfix has been reverted? Is it just me or is our healing output back to what it was before the 15% increase?

I have not even noticed a difference in my healing since this so called hotfix came out. Also i have not seen any server restarts since then either so until i see a blue post saying they have been applied i will keep on thinking it never came out.
Edited by Lickmehealz on 2/22/2011 6:48 PM PST
02/22/2011 6:41 PMPosted by Tianling

Text boxes (e.g., tooltips) aren't changed by hotfixes. The next real patch will change the restoration shaman summary from the present "10%" to "25%".
85 Tauren Druid
In Addition- Restoration Druids and Restoration Shaman

We agree with the sentiment among some players that Restoration druids and Restoration shaman are lacking in the healing cooldown department. The shaman buff and Power Word: Shield adjustment above should bring all healers reasonably close in terms of throughput. The decision on who to bring then might end up being dictated by the strong cooldowns offered by paladins or priests. This isn’t the kind of thing we can address via a hotfix, but it is something we are looking at for the next major content patch.

As always, we appreciate your continued constructive feedback and will do our best to keep you informed of ongoing developments.

I hope that isn't an indication of further nerfs to holy paladins. They are already bottom of the barrel and complete crap in arena. This would further destroy them to the point of no recovery.
Blizzard really needs to get a pvp representative to help balancing in that aspect as well.

Maybe some attention can be shed in this thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2089112057?page=1
Alot of good points have been brought up and warrent a response.
Edited by Invalidtargt on 2/22/2011 7:25 PM PST
91 Tauren Druid
You made me leave healing which is funny because my name!
90 Goblin Priest
My main issue with this this change to power word: shield is how pivotal it is to the discipline talent tree. Now before you run off and calling me a bubble spammer, I want you to look at fourth level in every other healers talent tree, then look at the fourth level of every other talent tree(dps, tank, whatever). It looks to be like some pretty cool spells and spec defining abilities and none have every option to affect the same (read: one and only one) ability.

Now look at disc… every talent in the fourth tier affects power word: shield only. The spell that Blizzard doesn't want to be so liberally cast. Why wouldn't it be liberally cast? With not a lot of options for other ways to mitigate damage and healing spells weaker than holy or any other healer, I must be missing something with this spec.

Here's an idea, put one or a couple of "in addition" in these talents.

I am not in favour of this mana cost increase to power word: shield. I believe that the tool tip for discipline mastery should read "really expensive shield discipline" in light of these new change.

At least shadow is more fun than it has ever been.
85 Night Elf Druid
i am with you on this one ...i leveled my druid as heals, and i loved healing...now with the cata I hate my Druid. I dont even play her anymore and i will not play her till they fix her.
85 Dwarf Shaman
I had an idea, if you say your going to "hotfix something" "possibly today"..... do it sooner than the 5 days it has been and we are still waiting?
85 Goblin Priest
02/22/2011 11:45 PMPosted by Towtumz
I had an idea, if you say your going to "hotfix something" "possibly today"..... do it sooner than the 5 days it has been and we are still waiting?

this hotfix was implemented days ago, the tool tips do not show it and will not show it until the next patch
Edited by Andromedia on 2/22/2011 11:49 PM PST
93 Night Elf Druid
Using Shield is what disp priests are, same as Druid Bear is its swipe.
Removing the unique main abilities of a class making them all the same is disappointing. I now have 2 favorite toons I no longer like to play. I will keep them in storage incase you someday come to you scenses and stop ruining this game.
Lvling a Mage now, please dont kill it to, or Ill just have to give up.
85 Gnome Warlock
I don't understand the nurfing of a discs priests bread and butter. That would be like saying - Warriors titan grip still allows them to equip 2 2h weapons but reduces the damage of those 2 weapons by 33%, or affliction warlocks have more dots than any other dps class so we will make all DoTs done by affliction locks do 33% less damage, or warriors and pallies can block but DKs and druids cannot so all tanks with a shield equiped now take 33% more damage when they block. I don't play a priests nor do i intend on ever playing one but i am entirely opposed to the nurfing of a class's main ability ESPECIALLY when the other options for replacement spells are not at all viable because half of their talents are build around that spell.

maybe a stacking buff/debuff to it would be a better idea, like mages arcane blast - it'll do better but if you spam it too long you are hosed.
100 Draenei Shaman
the only things you need to do to shammy heals is reduce the cast times and the mana cost. my hps are the same as priests and droods but im allwas having mana probs.from reading a lot of forums i have found out that most shammys dont know what thay are doing in regards to what stats to stack. int.mastery.spir.crit.haste just for those that dont know. one day blizz will give up nerfing clases that are doing well and buff those that arent but im not going to hold my breath.
85 Night Elf Druid
I have played this game over 5 years...i am working on my 4th level 85 toon, i figure if i have one of each class i will have something to play. LMAO
I am very unhappy now that i cant play my druid resto. i hate not being able to keep people alive as a healer ...then they tell you how you suck. i play this game to have fun not to be put down it is not my fault that blizz destroyed my druid.
90 Goblin Shaman
Uhhhh....no.

Mastery is our weakest stat to stack. It has been and STILL is since the release of Cata. Plenty of sims, etc to read here:

http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t110263-%5Bresto%5D_cataclysm_raiding_discussion/

I STILL haven't noticed a significant difference in throughput, personally. You KNOW something is wrong when you look at World of Logs' ranked healers and NOT ONE SHAMAN is on ANY of the BWD boss ranking tables (top 10). Go ahead & click "more" at the bottom of each table, and you will STILL see only ONE shaman that is ranked among about 250 other healers.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Blackwing_Descent/hps/

Fail.
Edited by Anot on 2/23/2011 9:29 AM PST
85 Draenei Paladin
since 4.0.6 i havee gone back to shaman..but thanx for the extra =)
I disagree with not liking shaman mastery..i Love it..I do have all 4 healers, and the onlymastery complaint i have for healing is the healadin...Let it stack (Blood Shield Dk's in 4.0.6 is an awesome idea, share the love)
Edited by Rizilliant on 2/23/2011 10:05 AM PST
40 Blood Elf Priest

Text boxes (e.g., tooltips) aren't changed by hotfixes. The next real patch will change the restoration shaman summary from the present "10%" to "25%".

I healed on my 85 shaman last night and looked at the passive ability this morning...it still says 10% of course, but I didn't notice much of a difference in healing if it was just the tool tip that needs to be updated. Although I will say it has been several weeks since I healed on my shaman (I have a druid main I've been focusing on).

Has the ability been changed to 25% already and its only the tooltip that needs to be updated? Has anyone noticed a difference in their healing?
Edited by Irisong on 2/23/2011 12:08 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]