Incoming Healer Changes

(Locked)

90 Gnome Priest
PW:S is an ability related to a lot of talents and the disc mastery, every time u mess with it to try to "balance" things u r messing with the whole spec, stop already. Saying things like "disc priests use shields too much" is plain stupid because is saying we use ur whole mastery too much. At least give us a mastery that is not 80% PW:S if u guys are going to continue nerfing and buffing it while experimenting.

PD: im still waiting for my apology from blizzard for making disc priests suck in 4.0.3
85 Troll Priest
Shield spamming was a problem, but with a nerf to a main spell, we need others...
Just give us more absorb spells and we'll be okay.
Holy Priest's mastery benefits all of their spells
Disc's mastery only benefits 1 spell and 1 talent...

To be honest though, the shield is still more mana efficient than my greater heal with 38% from mastery, and talents and glyphs...
85 Goblin Priest
"To that end, we are adding mana savings into the Body and Soul talent. The tooltip will not reflect this change until a future patch, however. Ideally, Holy priests should not notice much of a change to the Power Word: Shield costs"

This is a ..what. Who actually spends points on body and soul? Movement speed is useless in all but the gimmicky battles, and if you have a shield on you doubly don't need to be running around. Wow what an unproductive meeting style these programmers must have.
100 Blood Elf Priest
By my count, disc has 15 talent points that relate to Power Word: Shield.

If you feel that disc priests are shielding too much, perhaps that's where you should be looking to address the problem.
Yeah I still only have 10% what's going on with this update for shamans?
02/23/2011 9:50 PMPosted by Frac
Yeah I still only have 10% what's going on with this update for shamans?

It's now 25%. The tooltip won't be updated until a patch, though.

1 Orc Rogue
Please, someone inform me...what is the point of making PWS expire at 15 seconds?

This nerf serves no real purpose...the only thing it can do is making solo content such as dailies harder for priests...

When I think I've lost all faith in the devs I lose even more...
91 Gnome Priest
Please, someone inform me...what is the point of making PWS expire at 15 seconds?

This nerf serves no real purpose...the only thing it can do is making solo content such as dailies harder for priests...

When I think I've lost all faith in the devs I lose even more...

They are nerfing shields in the new patch, because with new gear it will be ridiculous. Since they screwed up with lazy hotfixes, mana is going to be a joke again. You will easily outgear high shield cost and will "shield spam" the raid again as they claim. It is impossible to cover the whole raid with 15 sec shield, hence the more severe nerf.

P.S. I don't support any of this, just trying to explain lazy developers' train of thought.
85 Blood Elf Priest
Look I understand that you want up to use other spells but DP are DP For PWS. Penitence is good to use to get the tank up fast but PWS is what we use to keep ever one up if you want us to use other spells make them cheeper to use. but stop cutting us off form being able to hold our own. They give holy all these tricks to balance there mana cost light wells and aoe heals but keep cutting DP off at the knees our heal do not hit for that hight we need the shield to buy time to get ever one up but you can no longer do that because you have to spend all your mana on smite to keep the tank up. I wish you go back to the old way and if you real want to make a new tal spec for this new way of healing and see what the people like. and stop yanking us around.
100 Goblin Priest
As long as half of the tree pertains to Power Word: Shield, every nerf to PW:S is gonna be an assault on the psyche of Discipline Priests. We get it. You don't want us casting Power Word: Shield on anyone but the tank. How about you just rebuild the tree around Atonement, prune out the majority of the PW:S talents, and call it a day so we don't have to get nerfed every other hotfix for casting too many shields with what is clearly 'the Shield tree'.
85 Draenei Shaman
Are you sure we have the 25% buff already it still shows 10%? I havent noticed any increase in my healing....
Edited by Laylie on 2/24/2011 4:03 PM PST
17 Worgen Warrior
I didn't notice the new Shaman and Druid cooldown in the patch notes. Did you mean future future patch?
85 Gnome Priest
So I'm guessing Penance will be getting beefed up more, since the only other Disc spell's duration is being lowered. I'm guessing a CD reduction of about 6-4 seconds for Penance, along with an absorption buff down the disc tree for PW: S so it's not completely useless (in regards to mass spaming, it will be more effective on that single target rather than mana loss on multiple targets) Am I right? I think I might be. Disc will become more of a quick pace healer, who can shield 1 or maybe 3 targets effectively without the mana cost become too numerous.

In other words....

Less duration:Larger absorption
Penance CD decreased
Maybe a smite buff as well.... Since our healing is too much, increase to our dps pool?
85 Blood Elf Priest
Personally, PW:S was never my main heal / absorb done nor will it ever be. A good healer utilizes everything made available to them and doesn't rely on 1 spell to do their healing with. Not to mention it wasn't really that mana efficient regardless. unless you had insane combat regen.

From personal experience, the disc priests who use mainly PW:S haven't adapted to cataclysm yet and are still stuck in wotlk mode where we had all the mana in the world and PW:S was our main thing.
90 Pandaren Shaman
I am with you Laylie. It is noted that the boost to 25% was added, the tooltip just wasn't updated. But I sure don't feel ANY increase in my heals...
85 Dwarf Priest
Yeah, 15sec nerfs holy and shadow just to fix disc. How about limiting the number of shields any one priest can have up at any one time? Seems so simple. No more raid wide shielding, and it doesn't nerf solo or pvp. Problem solved. Limit it to 2 or 3 shields at a time, leave it at 30 seconds. Done.
85 Tauren Paladin
Are any changes being made to pallys to help, lot of pallys hate healing since 4.0.6 and wow is doing nother to remedy the problems, for one of most played classes in wow , Pally healers are get screwd over cause of people complaining there were opd and those player were probable not pally healer to start with.
90 Goblin Shaman
Are any changes being made to pallys to help, lot of pallys hate healing since 4.0.6 and wow is doing nother to remedy the problems, for one of most played classes in wow , Pally healers are get screwd over cause of people complaining there were opd and those player were probable not pally healer to start with.

Ahhhhh...I got a good laugh out of that. Thanks.
85 Undead Priest
02/16/2011 9:34 AMPosted by Nethaera
We believe that using a shield in a tight moment is totally appropriate, but we don’t want it to be incredibly efficient to do so with more frequency than that.

To me, one of the biggest points of Disc priests is preventative healing. Looking at what mastery does and the amount of talents surrounding our shields, we should be using it often! And you're saying that you want PW:S to be used only in tight situations? I think that undermines the entire point of disc healing. Or at least one major foundation of it.

Besides, the mana regen we get from Rapture is what makes a Disc priest last long enough in combat. We don't get the 80% mana regen while casting that Holy priests do. So you're making the spell we rely on to keep from going OOM too early more expensive, and you only want us to cast it in emergency situations. Let's just keep going and change the entire ideology behind disc healing while we're at it!

There are no such times in which PW:S is the only spell I'm using in heroics or raids. I can only do that in non heroics, because I'm usually better geared than everyone else at this point. That wasn't the case before I was wearing all 346 gear and above.

85 Human Priest
What the dev's seem to fail to realize is once we outgear the mana cost they will have to nerf it again.

Sure shields expire after 15 secs now which means you can only shield 15 raid members max before some big raid wide dmg. But realistically thats all we were doing before. Because on fights such as H maloriak the dmg from the red phase came more than once every 15 seconds.

So the dev's need to stop being lazy and either fix the tree and remove half the talents that promote us using PW:S or give us a variety of shields to use. If they don't they will have to just nerf the mana cost again and again as healers get more gear. As it is right now some of the top geared priests are already able to spam away.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]