Incoming Healer Changes

(Locked)

85 Troll Shaman
I also haven't noticed any increase in my healing from the 10% to 25% so I noticed it said it in the patch notes and it hasn't shown up on the tool tips so has it not been implemented yet or what? Or was 15% really not that much which one would assume it would've been.
85 Human Priest
I don't get it, isn't damage prevention/mitigation the reason for disc priests, isn't that what makes us unique? Disc shields are basically the only thing that separates discipline based priests from all the other healers, excluding druids of course. Other than that most of the healing classes are the same other than how their spells look like. It's the same on every healer, slow effective heal, fast expensive heal, long expensive massive heal and a little bit of aoe healing. IMO blizzard is making all healing exactly the same and is kinda boring now. I have 3 healers thus far, an 85 shaman, 85 pally and now this 84 priest and let me tell you, it exactly the same one after the other. Really the only thing that separates the healers are 1 or 2 "unique" spells per healing tree. In the end if they keep going down this road druids will be the only thing unique about healing.
Edited by Mayfeather on 2/26/2011 12:14 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Priest
The cost of Power Word: Shield is being increased by 33%. While we wanted Discipline priests to be able to utilize this spell more often and with better results, we also did not want it to be the main spell (and often the only spell) used while in groups. We don’t find this to be a particularly compelling playstyle and have found that it encourages players to avoid using other spells such as Penance. We believe that using a shield in a tight moment is totally appropriate, but we don’t want it to be incredibly efficient to do so with more frequency than that.

With all due respect, but that is more stupid then putting on a CD PW:S for Disc priests, well for PVP that is. Which is what Im more worried about. So are we just going to see Holy priests now? I mean seeming how Disc PVP priests are only used to using like what? 6 or 7 spells? And even for tank healers, that a BIG nerf to us. Let alone stupid.
Edited by Bloodyroar on 2/27/2011 1:28 AM PST
90 Tauren Shaman
What i think is funny is that blizzard had time to make hunters more op then they already where before fixing shaman healing so we can even remotely be on par with the rest. i don't care what anyone says about it already being changed my heals are still exactly the same as when we got *!%%d in the first place.
85 Blood Elf Priest
02/16/2011 10:22 AMPosted by Yumei
Is there any reason why shields are allowed to last 30 seconds without any form of decay. In the current implementation, pre-shielding is much more powerful than pre-hoting since HoTs only last 12 seconds, and 1-2 ticks will be wasted before damage happens. Perhaps a duration reduction down to 15 seconds (matching Weakened Soul) could be a possible solution. Of course, it only affects 25 man raids running one disc priest, not so much 10 mans and double disc setups.

So instead of asking for a buff to your healing your asking for them to nerf us priests more, also as to the above mentioned post about reducing the cast time of Heal i find i almost never use it as it is too slow and doesnt heal for enough a cast time reduction might be a good idea
66 Night Elf Rogue
I have a 85 druid the healing process stinks. Cant heal a group when u do with the only one spell for healing a group has a 8 min cooldown. So i change my talents to balance and feral.I am no longer a healer cause the spells stink. The restoration druid needs better healing spells far group with liminted cooldown. come on now a 8min cool down in a dungeon as a healer! Well thats all i need to say about the healing spells the druid has!
81 Night Elf Death Knight
We need better mana mitigation with the spells that we have.
Instead of having one spell cost X mana and only heal Y amount (which the heal amount is very small), make it a little more balanced.

Oh, and quit listening to everyone in PVP when it comes to nerfing or buffing classes.
Not everyone plays PVP in this game.
And please, stop smashing PVP with PVE.. they are NOT the same.
85 Draenei Shaman
Amen :)
85 Night Elf Druid
Yet they continue to nerf resto druid's instead of fixing there main healing flaw. No "WTF" heal like pally's loh or priest's bubble.....
87 Worgen Death Knight
02/25/2011 5:45 PMPosted by Dorescura
I also haven't noticed any increase in my healing from the 10% to 25% so I noticed it said it in the patch notes and it hasn't shown up on the tool tips so has it not been implemented yet or what? Or was 15% really not that much which one would assume it would've been.

yeah i don't think they have made the changed to shaman heals yet or any other classes. coz i have noticed that Purification still says 10%
85 Troll Druid
So.... Where are our cooldown spells you said you'd give us? Don't see 'em in the notes.
85 Draenei Shaman
I'm curious about this as well. I understand that the tooltips don't represent whether the change has been implemented or not for purification. I had assumed that, since the change was listed on the 16th in the hotfix patch notes, it has gone live. Still leveling this toon, I didn't have expectations of being able to notice much change (if any), so I'd be interested to hear from any 85's out there who may have noticed any differences, positive or negative.
For druids this would help them a bit have Wild Mushoom for restoration specs heal people upon exploding if people are around it. Druid heals really dont need that wild mushroom to do damage so giving a 5k heal per mushroom would be nice for druids. Possibly hitting with all 3 mushrooms up to 15k heal per person affected. It could be a urgent move besides swiftmend and nature swiftness.
85 Human Warlock
@Nethaera: iWhat about shadowpriests using PW:S? are they going to get the increase as well or will they also get some sort of talent buff to keep the mana costs are they are now.

Discipline priests while not putting out as much damage, were still healing well and were likewise difficult to kill in PvP. As always, we’ll keep an eye out on these changes to see how they play out on the PvP end.

As an aside: For those sharing constructive feedback, as always, we thank you. For those who are utilizing this thread as a means to simply complain, we hear you, but overstatements of upset aren't going to help us address your concerns.

Please name a healer easier to kill than a disc priest.

Disc priests have the worst mana regen of any healer as well as the worst mobility,and we also wear cloth. The benefit of casting of inner focus (if talented through SOS) as well as the 4 pcs bonus on mooncloth is easlitly negated with a stun.

The upcoming changes to resilience will hurt the cloth wearing healers the most. It also hurts disc even more because the people with high resilience will take more damage than before 4.1, which translates into more heals being needed which translates into more pressure on mana use. As stated previously, disc priest mana regen does not compare to other healing classes.

If you want to fix disc, revert the mana increase to pw:s and remove soul warding.

If you want to fix disc, give us a different mastery, one that is not easily dispelled.

If you want to fix disc, increase penance throughput (both healing and damage) by 25%, and decrease it's cooldown to 8 seconds. Do away with the glyphs and talents reducing it's cooldown any further,

If you want to fix disc, remove atonement healing. It's situational at best, and has no use in pvp due to school lockouts.

If you want to fix disc, either make chastise available to both healing classes (sorry spriest), or make shackle undead available to disc through a glyph that will allow us to shackle any enemey player or pet so we have something similar to cyclone or roots that allows us to create distance.

If you want to fix disc, give us a working mana regen. I been in many pvp type venues where my heals and absorbs were competive to other classes, if you factor in my absorbs, yet some of the other healing classes have also overhealed another 50% on top of their effective heals. Bottom line that doesn't matter, but what does matter is they have the mana to do so. Disc does not.

And while you're at it, if you want to help fix disc and alot of other classes, you need to have stuns, silences and spell lockouts also break after a certain amount of damage, just like fear.
Edited by Reportmeafk on 3/3/2011 3:01 AM PST
90 Tauren Druid
Would be great to see a blue post about this. When raiding on my resto shammy I have NOT noticed any improvement in healing. Starting to get embarassing. I read that some realms have been updated and others haven't???
1 Human Warrior
You have the mechanics of design for it already, just make PW:S like arcane blast scaling mana up the more times you use it, you then have full control to tweak it's usage without screwing over the base spell.
85 Goblin Priest
don't reply or anything Blizzard just stay woefully out of touch
90 Night Elf Druid
Hey, Nethaera, just wanted to post and say I hope we're going to see a preview of the new druid CD soon since the shaman one was posted... some of us are starting to fear that you've simply decided a reduced cooldown on Tranquility will suit the need, when all we can see that leading to is Tranquility eventually getting nerfed as our throughput goes up over other healing classes as a result and then we are left with a nerfed Tranquility and still without a defensive CD that you've agreed we need.

Any word??? ::hopeful look::
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]