This is a Stonemaul vanilla nostalgia thread

85 Goblin Warrior
What and who do you remember from the days of level 60, no cross server BG's and no flying mounts?

i remember raiding MC/BWL/AQ with Foebane during aussie times with my only goal being to get gear for PVP, which im sure showed sometimes. miss rynuff/edeia/sandrock/joelah/mekare/aniyaa and other old school foebanians, im sure there are plenty that i missed.

chain dueling with poorguy (even though i usually lost) outside of IF. chain dueling Ezuf, lol@winning with prot gear on..

tanking baron geddon for some lowbie guild with 2Her out with edeia healbotting me.

tanking nef after MT went down for 30% with fury DPS gear on / sheild, i was drunk that night.

7tizz resisting charge intercept back to back on his mount in WSG ( lol old orc racial)

forcewaving

and of course all the korgath PVP/gankfests inbetween BG ques.

posting this because im bored at work, feel free to contribute.
Edited by Toqtwo on 2/16/2011 11:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
finding Zoros AFK in EPL, and getting him down to 20% before he came back and beat the **!! out of me ><

Back on my first server, raiding Kargath as ac with like 15 of us after our MC raids. And sometimes before. And sometimes just because we were there.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Toq gave me my first @ thread for dodging his charges in WSG.

/tear - the memories...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Lawlz - I just read the rest of your post Toq.

The most fun in this game was same server BGs and the HWL grind...hands down. Even if you weren't going for HWL (it wasn't that easy and it wasn't just about grinding BGs - u had to grind A LOT and you were competing for the top spot with other players), it was a blast playing with someone who was. If I remember correctly, there was a section on the forums that was updated weekly with the top ten players. I remember being number 4 (don't quote me) one week and the person above me had double the honor I had and I played a lot just to get my spot. There was no way I was getting HWL - with my work schedule and life outside wow, I was lucky to get General. Names like Abba, Hoisen, Demonkinsin, Shaylara, Carol, Demise, Vampexer - the list just goes on and on. The /afk debuff you get now is because of the grind. When your party queue'd, you could enter and if you didn't like who you were up against, you can /afk out and requeue. We got around this by only having one person enter, that person seeing if we could all join and instead of that player /afking out, we could queue for a different BG to get him out and have someone else in the raid queue for WSG again. Seems complicated, but we had it down to a science. Horde queues were instant while the AC (because there was just so many of them) had to wait longer. PvP was also a lot different then. Hardly anyone wore a PvP trinket or you'd forget to re-equip it because the CD wasn't up on it (5 min CD was the standard and it only removed sheep, fear, and hunter trap - did it remove seduce & blind too? I can't remember). When you were CCd - you were screwed - sheeps & fears lasting 30 seconds (or was it 20?) was not fun. And omg, rogues needed vanish & blind powder - blind reagents weren't cheap too.

Raiding - omg. Just about every 40 man raid required you to have a resistance set for a certain boss or multiple bosses in the zone. MC (BY FIRE, BE BURNED!) & BWL (YOUR FRIENDS WILL JOIN YOU SOON ENOUGH!) was fire and a bit of shadow, AQ was nature (green dragons anyone?), Naxx was shadow and frost. As gear got better, you could sacrifice some resistance, but if you had zero - you could easily be one shotted.

Interesting, I never knew Belvedeer and Sui were that old school.
Edited by Sventizz on 2/16/2011 5:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Chasing Oh and Buffaloheart around in circles hibernating them.

Confusing the hell out of people by killing them as a 30/21 feral. A druid does damage outside of moonfire? Also actually using moonfire as a feral. Getting out of combat midfights and changing gear to tanking gear if I was fighting a melee or resto gear if I was close to dieing.

Whoever that one single moonkin was on horde side.

Tojo fighting forever and ever and ever to get to gm all by himself.

Hoisin being the most awesome asian farmer/leveler ever.

Being a millionaire by making more then half the hide of the wilds on the market.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Plate mage! Talisman of Ephemeral Power + Zandalarian Hero Charm + Divine Favor + Holy Shock = 4000 crits, or some silly number for vanilla days.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8376083503214137070#

^^^ That video brings back memories. GOOD OLD DYLPOT RAPPING IT UP! While I wrecked Markiv in 12 seconds in BIS pre-resilience pvp gear :)
Reply Quote
Krazytucky 1 shotting any flag carrier at the bottom of the tunnel in WSG.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
I remember terrible paladins taking my trinkets so they could make terrible videos
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
I remember having a blast with Tommy handholding Gag through MC and BWL, then destroying the guild in an epic split of good versus terribad fat wife siding hom0 gear groveling.

I remember the Bullies and how they were the perfect nemesis for Gag as we both barely brought home raiding gear from months old instances, yet would spend more than an hour pounding each other's stragglers at the entrance.

I remember this swell guy Barnaby...man I miss that guy.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
02/16/2011 7:12 PMPosted by Dimuniti
I remember this swell guy Barnaby...man I miss that guy.

I never get this joke. Do explain, sir!
Reply Quote
71 Tauren Warrior
02/16/2011 3:44 PMPosted by Blinkham

Any of the vanilla FA/Toten guys still play?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
UE
02/18/2011 11:25 AMPosted by Tonpu

None.

Okay, maybe some.

<3
Dur
Reply Quote
02/18/2011 2:46 PMPosted by Duress

None.

Okay, maybe some.

<3
Dur

Worst rogue on the server.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
Peanut
starship troopers (AQ event)
Funeral in EPL
my time in Warfare

and a whole lot of people that don't play anymore that I wish did.

Still got SS's of FA's first nef kill party in org.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Waiting for MC raid to start, MCing ac running down the chain and making them jump in the lava over and over. That was the best part.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Warlock
My brief time in No Remorse.
Showing the desperados how its done.
Good times were had in Blood Requiem.
The constant war for the MC chains.
Tuhar: tuhar.
You being bummed.
Aint no bingle in binglewood no mo.
Spyware showed me a macro to pop both trinkets at the same time back when they didn't share a cooldown. Lit people up like the night sky on the fourth of july.
Taking over alliance towns and just hanging out.
The constant ever presant ganking that illidaners brought over to this fair server. Stonemaul wave no more.\
When honor first came out but actually did #%*% all nothing. I would stand about 40yards outside gadgetzan waiting for a rogue to jump me. Then when I got hit the rogue I had waiting would jump them. Awesome times.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Warlock
Oh and oldschool forum drama. The legion of stonemaul forum trolls was fun.
Reply Quote

You being bummed.
Aint no bingle in binglewood no mo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbb9LIdiN_k
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]