DK Addons, PvP

85 Undead Death Knight
What are some Must-have addons for PvP as a DK?
And also, IDK if this is what most ppl do, but it seems im always looking down at my UI bar (to see what spells gonna be up next, and i mean like im ALWAYS looking at it, use my peripheral vision to see whats happening in the fight). Do alot of ppl do this or is it a bad habbit? how can i learn to not do this anymore?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
bumpers
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Going to be really hard to look at the other addons you want to use if you're staring at your bars trying to figure out what to cast next.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
02/16/2011 11:58 AMPosted by Krisys
Going to be really hard to look at the other addons you want to use if you're staring at your bars trying to figure out what to cast next.

thanks for pointing out what I stated, thats why im asking for help and what addons I should use.
Reply Quote

thanks for pointing out what I stated, thats why im asking for help and what addons I should use.

Well you did ask if a lot of people do that and what you can do to stop.

I would try not looking at it.

And if that doesn't work, change the opacity of your bars to where it hides them to break the habit. Get a rune tracker mod, I think I use Death Knight Monitor for my runes. If you can't figure out what to cast just by looking at what runes are available, I would try learning a bit more about being a Death Knight. OmniCC is the obvious mod for tracking cd's and stuff.
Edited by Krisys on 2/16/2011 12:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight

Well you did ask if a lot of people do that and what you can do to stop.

I would try not looking at it.

seriously kid, skrew off, im lookin for help not a stupid ass troll, gtfo
Reply Quote
Also ------> http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat96.html

bunch of pvp mods there, take a look and see what you think would be useful.

edit: y so mad
Edited by Krisys on 2/16/2011 12:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I use magic runes. I need to find a dark simulacrum addon. Does anyone know of one, yes i've tried looking.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
Engraved is a pretty good rune addon. Number of different rune setups, and you can move the individual runes all over the screen as you see fit. I just tend to arrange them in the upper half of the screen. It sometimes does tend to bug out when entering an arena or bg sometimes, and will say that the runes are on cooldown (which they obviously are not). Starts working again once you get in combat though, so not a big deal.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I still have CLC DK running, and I've found it's actually pretty darn good at maximizing your "rotation" (for lack of a better word) for DW frost. I've never tried it in Unholy, and it's kinda meh in Blood, but for Frost at least it's pretty good at helping you choose your next course of action, i.e. are you RP capped but you've got a blood rune up, should you use blood strike to death the rune, or should you Frost Strike first to burn that RP down? - CLCDK would have you burn the RP first before using your blood strike and wasting the RP gained, potentially preventing you from being rune locked with no RP down the road.

It also can track runes and cooldowns like blood tap and LB.

I also use another addon for blood tanking that tracks my estimated heal and blood shield, and also adds a sound effect when I lose blood shield... I don't recall the name off the top of my head unfortunately. Not really great for PVP, but nice for pve tanking.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I like Acherus Runes, Need to Know, Debuff Filter, and MikScrollingBattleText. Can pretty much have everything at character level so you're looking at the battlefield, not your bars.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]