The End of an Era

90 Orc Shaman
I've loved reading your travelogue, you seriously are quite the writer. I look forward to reading anything else you might do in the future.
Reply Quote
I always did love the travelogue, I'm absolutely certain whatever you write in the future will be as good or even greater.
Reply Quote
99 Undead Priest
Thanks for all the comments.

Though I won't be writing entries for Cataclysm, I will give sort of a Cliff's Notes summation of the stuff I had planned for the different zones. These won't be placed on the blog itself, and will instead be posted on the travelogue forum.

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Destron/index

Also, the original fiction that I've written so far can be found here:

http://scratchednerve.blogspot.com

I know it hasn't been updated in a while, but it will hopefully be much more active in the near future.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
It's wonderful to see discussion about the "Travels through Azeroth and Outland" Travelogue on the forums, especially with a blue comment.

I discovered the Travelogue back in 2007 and eventually read the entire thing, and I have been following the more recent entries. It makes an excellent literary companion to playing the game. The zones are described with such depth that I actually find myself looking at the game in whole new ways.

Whether you are just interested in the lore of Azeroth, looking for roleplaying ideas, or bored and in search of some reading I highly recommend this to everyone. It's really the only "fan-fiction" that has caught my attention.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
This is indeed one of—if not the—best, and the most extensive, Warcraft-universe fan works out there.
Reply Quote
99 Undead Priest
Thanks, Smithson and Lolotea.

I added the penultimate chapter earlier today.
Edited by Felya on 3/23/2011 10:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Warrior
I wish they would happily pay you to keep writing it as well. I started following your Travelogue last year, but I've enjoyed every minute of it. I'm sad to see it end, but on the bright side, I still have several older areas to read up on.

Thanks for all the great work, and good luck on your future project. :)

EDIT: You might've seen some of my posts on your website under the name of the Stormbringer.
Edited by Hotara on 3/23/2011 11:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
14 Goblin Mage
So I come back from this thread about people arguing over this rock in Outland... and I notice this thread has a blue post. MADNESS!!!

*ahem* OOGC (Out of Goblin Character), sorry to hear you're stopping. If you managed to impress the Blues, I can only imagine this being a good fan-fic.

I'll be sure to make it a point to read it. I mean, you must be doing something right to impress the CDevs.

In the meantime, good luck on your future projects.

IGC (In Goblin Character)

Gah! I must be off to see this "travelogue." I mustn't delay, time is money!

*launchs off on his Goblin rocket*

*a crash is heard not too far off, followed by an explosion*
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Your fanfiction is fantastic, I've been an avid reader for more than one year. Your (Destron's, actually :) ) deep analysis of Warcraft events and characters is unmatched so far.

It's very sad to see you go, though I expect to read your independent fiction as well.
Reply Quote
99 Undead Priest
I wish they would happily pay you to keep writing it as well. I started following your Travelogue last year, but I've enjoyed every minute of it. I'm sad to see it end, but on the bright side, I still have several older areas to read up on.

Thanks for all the great work, and good luck on your future project. :)

EDIT: You might've seen some of my posts on your website under the name of the Stormbringer.

Hey, Stormbringer, good to see you here.

Again, if you like my analyses of the various zones, I will be doing basic write-ups of the ideas I have for Cataclysm. These will be informal and non-narrative; basically like what you might see in one of the threads here. I'll be posting that at my forum, not the blog. Feel free to join the forum as well, it could use more members.

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Destron/index

I do intend to keep the forum active after finishing the travelogue, since there will also be discussion of my original works there. Other conversation topics, like your opinions on movies, books, international politics, and more are also welcome.
Edited by Felya on 3/24/2011 5:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
If you laid all the words in this document in a line, they would circle Azeroth zero times because Azeroth is flat.
Reply Quote
99 Undead Priest
At last, it's finished.

http://destron.blogspot.com/2011/04/icecrown-glacier-part-3.html

http://destron.blogspot.com/2011/04/epilogue.html

Again, there will be discussion regarding the Cataclysm zones on the forums. I'm also planning to start some threads in which readers can speculate as to the fates of various side characters. I may step in to confirm or deny a theory, but for the most part I'll stand back. You do have to register on the forums (which is free of charge and easy to do) in order to participate.

Thanks so much for reading this.
Edited by Felya on 4/22/2011 3:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
75 Tauren Paladin
Terrific ending, thank you for sharing Destron's story.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
I do believe this is the first time that a blue has addressed someone outside of a sticky, congratulations on making a popular enough story to receive Blizzard attention.

EDIT: On the story forum that is.
a bit ironic that a blue would congratulate someone who writes fan fiction on the story forum, despite how we always insult and boo away anyone who creates any form of story on the story forum.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
I do believe a tribute NPC is in order.

All in favor?
I'm certainly in favor. Aye.
Reply Quote
56 Dwarf Death Knight

All in favor?

Several tribute NPCs, imo. The travelogue had so many awesome characters. o_o

Brilliant ending, by the way.
Reply Quote
99 Undead Priest

All in favor?

*blushes*
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
I've been reading the travelogue for years now, continually in awe of what you did. Congratulations on an epic finish.

I vote for a tribute NPC, but more than that, I want to see [Destron's Travelogue] as an off-hand caster item, epic level, purchasable off of the Valor point vendors in Orgrimmar and Stormwind. You know it would have happened.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]