What to solo for mounts?

90 Human Rogue
I'm currently doing the Anzu grind, then when that pops (in a few years, at this rate) I'm going to move on to the Baron's mount. I also try for the Kara mount once per week.

I'm not gonna be too hardcore about it, but what other rare mounts are worth trying to solo?

I got my sea turtle on my second WotLK cast ever, but my mount luck seems to have stopped there.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/981678606 - check this thread
Reply Quote
69 Goblin Shaman
It may be hard for a rogue to do, but I know tanks can solo for the Blue-Proto Drake in Heroic UP. I do it daily on my DK myself although it hasn't dropped yet.
Edited by Giari on 2/18/2011 7:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
i could site here and type a full list of all the mounts i solo at 85 but if u check the other thread people list em. i mean if u want i still can if it would help
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Well, I wouldn't mind seeing a full list of everything that's reasonably solo-able, but I'm not sure how big of a list that would be. Maybe just the highlights of whatever's off the top of your head. I'll be more interested in a comprehensive list once I manage to get the 'easy' ones out of the way.

The Magister's Terrace and UP should be pretty do-able for me, thanks for those.

And I've read through parts of that thread linked above before, but the information is spread over 18 pages of complaining about Anzu (which I get, but not quite what I'm looking for =] )
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Have you already got all 14 from the Argent Tournament?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Not yet. I burned myself out on the Argent Tournament before Cata hit, and I'm just now finding that I can stand doing a few again. I still never want to touch another lance =]

So those'll come ever so slowly.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
02/18/2011 7:38 AMPosted by Giari
It may be hard for a rogue to do, but I know tanks can solo for the Blue-Proto Drake in Heroic UP. I do it daily on my DK myself although it hasn't dropped yet.

Wow, you can solo Heroic UP for that mount, really? Wow. Can warriors do this, or is it a DK-only self-heal thing? I need to try it.

The mounts that you can farm now are pretty limited:

AQ40 -- blue, green, yellow, and red bugs
Kara -- Huntsman's horse
Magisters' Terrace -- Hawkstrider
Sethekk Halls -- Anzu
Strat - Baron's mount

There are lots of rep grind mounts, and the assorted achievement mounts from WOTLK (red proto is easy now, for example). Of the ones I listed, Kara is the only one I lack, and I honestly haven't tried that one very much.

Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Well to add to the list

Egg from the Oracles for the Green proto drake
Two mammoths from the son's of Hodiar
The Dailys from the Brunhilda village gives you the white polar bear
Time lost proto if your lucky enough to see it spawn

Other than that its pretty mutch it as far as going for mounts from Soloing anything else is just buying or rep
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Also, there are 2 mounts you can get from Tol Barad dailies, plus the half dozen or so PvP mounts can be bought for only 2k honor each now.

Not really rare, but easily attainable by yourself.

Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Winterspring Frostsaber!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Some classes can solo Archavon in Wintergrasp in attempt to get the mammoth he drops.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
need:

barons Horse...350 and no go
turtle...15,000 pools
no luck with occulus
Reply Quote
29 Human Mage
Blue Proto from Heroic Utgarde Pinnacle. I pulled it off in Boomkin, so you ought to be able to pull it off as a rogue.

Aside from that, nothing that no one else hasn't mentioned.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
02/18/2011 10:23 AMPosted by Krasher

Wow, you can solo Heroic UP for that mount, really? Wow. Can warriors do this, or is it a DK-only self-heal thing? I need to try it.

Other than VERY squishy casters any level 85 can solo UP. I've solo'd it a few times.

On the note of self-healing classes able to solo it for mounts: Druids, Pallys, and DKs can do Kael in TK with some class specific strats. He will not MC if only one target. Loooong fight like that though.

Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
02/18/2011 10:23 AMPosted by Krasher

Krasher,

it is doable as a warrior I can do it as fury in the gear I'm wearing now. The mobs that spawn are high enough to proc Victory Rush, which heals you for more than enough.

Use all your DPS cd's when the boss dismounts, and avoid the WW.

Good luck
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
silly question, but how do you go into a heroic dungeon alone?
Reply Quote
29 Human Mage
02/19/2011 7:23 PMPosted by Solojoe
silly question, but how do you go into a heroic dungeon alone?

You set the dungeon difficulty to heroic, then you fly to the entrance and walk in.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
If you can tolerate the profession, archeology offers two mounts (one from fossils and one from tol'vir).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]