Defending the Rift

85 Night Elf Rogue
I was doing the Defending the Rift quest in the Abyssal Breach area of Vashj'ir and I ran into an interesting bug. I go through multiple cutscenes and follow the NPCs to the last part of the battle (I make it past the submarine cinematics, the fights with Nagas, and the one Naga lady deep freezing your party) where a cutscene plays of Neptulon finally appearing. After the Naga woman says "Go, my naga! Welcome the mighty Tidehunter to Azeroth!" the cutscene stops working properly and I'm left staring at a bunch of NPCs that just stand around. After about a minute, the scene ends and both Captain Taylor and the Shaman are standing on the ledge and I do not get a Quest Complete notification. After about two minutes of this, the NPCs disappear altogether and nothing happens (I've abandoned and reacquired/tried this quest 6 times with no avail, one time I waited 20 minutes for something to happen but nothing ever did). Was wondering if anyone else had any problems with this quest and if there are any possible solutions, thanks!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Yup i been getting the same thing happening on my pally i have done it on my rogue it started to happen after that patch for me. . .
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Mage
Same with me on my alt. I tried it 4 different occasions yesterday (glutton for punishment), then tried it once this morning when the server was dead, still stop at the same stage.
Reply Quote
84 Troll Mage
I just got this glitch. It's infuriating to say the least.
Reply Quote
they have still not fixed the candy cane problem i started a goblin in december and reported the problem, 2 months later i ran into same problem
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
2-19-11 same problems. it just keeps looping the video. you can fight for hours and still not complete quest. Hooked to internet on a sprint air card don't work hook to roadrunner cable and still no help.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It's even worse now on my alt on Aerie Peak... I get to the part where the Naga attack the sub and I get disconnected from the server.... It's gone from annoying (where it would welcome the tidehunter to azeroth) to completely broken... WTF Blizz
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm having the same problem on my rogue alt, 20/Feb/2011. (Completed successfully on this toon during January).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Here's what happens for me:
- naz'jar honour guard show up and combat begins
- cinematic starts
- "go, my naga. welcome the mighty tidehunter to azeroth!"
- neptulon appears and the naga swim up into formation
- the ghost image of me is there (see below)
- someone offscreen to the left says 'die worm', you can just see the speech bubble
- the camera zooms in slightly as the naga finish their formation
- the cinematic ends

After the end of the cinematic, Neptulon is there, the friendly NPCs are on a hill behind, and there is a ghost avatar of my toon hanging in the water in front of Neptulon. (separate to my actual toon who can move around).

After 2 minutes the whole lot despawns.

After 5 more minutes, the script starts over again (Naz'jar honour guard shows up etc.)
Reply Quote
Same problem here, hoping for a fix soon
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Paladin
Currently at the crater experiencing the same problem. After the naga screams "welcome the mighty Tide Hunter to Azeroth!" the cutscene shows the orcs fighting on the hill, one screams "Die worm!", camera focuses on the Lady Naz'jar and then stops. Cutscene ends and I am able to swim around. All NPC's are still standing there, then fade away after about 2 minutes.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
same thing for me 2-22-11 for me
Reply Quote
I am having the exact same issue. Tried this morning after server reset, no luck.

Here's what happens for me:
- naz'jar honour guard show up and combat begins
- cinematic starts
- "go, my naga. welcome the mighty tidehunter to azeroth!"
- neptulon appears and the naga swim up into formation
- the ghost image of me is there (see below)
- someone offscreen to the left says 'die worm', you can just see the speech bubble
- the camera zooms in slightly as the naga finish their formation
- the cinematic ends

After the end of the cinematic, Neptulon is there, the friendly NPCs are on a hill behind, and there is a ghost avatar of my toon hanging in the water in front of Neptulon. (separate to my actual toon who can move around).

After 2 minutes the whole lot despawns.

After 5 more minutes, the script starts over again (Naz'jar honour guard shows up etc.)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Just posted about this in technical issues. I had no idea this problem was around for so long! Guess ill work on one of my alts....
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Same issue on my alt Odinian

I get to the part where Neptulon comes out and Lady Naz'jar comes out and sicks her minions on him, then nothing happens. To be specific. There is a long wait with no voice over and then I pop out still phased with capt. tyler and earthbinder standing there. Neptulon is there and Nazjar. I cannot interact with them and I see a clone of myself there which dies after 1 min and the npcs eventually despawn. There is no Quest giver and the cycle repeats.

If I run back to submarine. I can catch up with npc's who start the event again but I get the same result.

If I stay by where Neptulon comes out after one of these failed attempts the Npc's catch up restarts the cinematic where i crash but i get same result.

If drop quest and pick it up again I get same result.

If I log out and log back in everything is dead I can go to the zone where the dungeon is and get the discovery but still don't have quest complete.

I have also tried standing by different areas by the rift with the same result. I have stood by Neptulons spawn, I stood where npcs despawn from capt tyler to Nazjar, and where her guards attack.

at this point I have run outta ideas.

I am not dying or Dcing I pop back in still phased and if i wait long enough the cinamtic restarts with same result.

2 other players were having the same issue Nuttutt was the name of one of the players. Danquinn another

Ok update after like sitting on the rim for like 8 npcs cycles the video continued the kraken attacked and bad guys won. I got quest complete but no npc.

On cycle 9 the I got the full video and the npc was there and i was able to turn it in.

Holy cow i feel like I birthed a baby. Hope this info helps.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
BUMP. I pay my sub each month , being unable to complete the story for a zone due to lazy ass Blizzard programmers is UNACCEPTABLE. It's not like Blizzard doesn't make enough money to hire a couple more programmers.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Same thing just happened to me on 2/25. I go through the first half of the quest and I watch the cinematic where Neptulon rises. The cinematic stops, I sit there in silence for 2 minutes... then they disappear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]