Haste cap for hunters?

85 Blood Elf Hunter
Can anyone tell me the haste cap for MM and Surv hunters?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/14/2011 6:42 PMPosted by Delcaim
Hunters don't have haste "caps", they have thresholds. For surv hunters the thresholds are 1.66 second cobras and 1.25 second cobras. MM is a little more complicated, but from what I gather you want to not STACK it but not avoid it either.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
There's no hard cap, haste will continue to provide benefit to you regardless of amount. It's based on how many filler shots you can fit between specials without pushing them back. I'm not sure on Marks, but for Surv the first haste plateau is around 810. It puts you between 1.6 and 1.7 speed Cobra Shots, which lets you fit three between Explosive Shots.

If you get your Cobra/Steady to a 1sec cast, however, you will only gain the benefit for your auto shots.

Marks has a different number due to Improve Steady Shot.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, I have 1300 haste and my aimed shot is still not to 2.4 seconds.

%#*# you Blizzard and fix this BS.
With pathing and imp steady shot buff up? And haste raid buff?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
There's no hard cap, haste will continue to provide benefit to you regardless of amount. It's based on how many filler shots you can fit between specials without pushing them back. I'm not sure on Marks, but for Surv the first haste plateau is around 810. It puts you between 1.6 and 1.7 speed Cobra Shots, which lets you fit three between Explosive Shots.

If you get your Cobra/Steady to a 1sec cast, however, you will only gain the benefit for your auto shots.

Marks has a different number due to Improve Steady Shot.

After 1 second cast on cobra, you also benefit from haste in that your passive regen is raised, but that is fairly theoretical, I doubt such a situation is possible even stacking haste to the exclusion of all other stats.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
ok i been searching for this answer also, i know there is no "hard cap" but what i think the OP is asking is, what number should we shoot for.

if that is not his question then it is mine :P

i am sitting at 1152 haste or 9% is that to much or not enough yet?

my reasoning for haste is, how many Cobra Shot (CS) i can fit in between Explosive Shots (ES). currently i am right around 3, i can usually fill up my focus bar in between ES and fit in either a multi shot (if more than 3 targets) or throw an Arcane shot in as long as my Black Arrow or Kill shot are on CD.

*edit*
BTW my shot priority is as follows

1) Rapid Fire
2) Serpent Sting (kept up by CS so after the first one this drops off my list)
3) Black Arrow
4) Kill Shot when boss is under 20%
5) Explosive Shot
6) Multi shot when there are 3 or more targets
Edited by Choja on 2/23/2011 1:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
If you BM PVP spec. Haste it very important to you
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
If you're survival you want your Cobra Shot to be a 1.66 second cast. Get the required haste for that, no less/more and then reforge everything to crit. (after hitting the hit cap. 6% heroics, 8% raids.)
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Mage
So nobody has at least an estimated number for marks hunters?
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter
1383 Haste Rating, or 10.80% Haste, seems ideal without Pathing. This puts my Steady Shot at 1.8 seconds, and further putting it to 1.6 seconds after ISS and putting my Aimed Shot at 2.2 seconds. So along with Pathing, you can probably get away with 7% Haste, which is around 896 Haste Rating.

EDIT: This is for MM Hunters. I believe it was 6.25% Haste for Survival to fit in three Cobra Shots between each Explosive Shot.
Edited by Nishino on 2/23/2011 1:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
02/23/2011 1:31 AMPosted by Epikfale
If you're survival you want your Cobra Shot to be a 1.66 second cast. Get the required haste for that, no less/more and then reforge everything to crit. (after hitting the hit cap. 6% heroics, 8% raids.)

wow then i have a lot of reforging (out of haste) i am currently at about 1.60 second cast for CS
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
ok i reforged out of haste now i currently have 844 haste and my DPS dropped about 300, grrr
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
what was failed to be mentioned is that 1.66 second cobra shots assume no latency. What's probably happening is your latency plus the 3 cobra shot casts is stretching the time between explosive shots to more than 5 seconds. I'd reforge some back to haste and go to a dummy to see if you're getting 3 cobras out between explosive shots or not and adjust from there.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/14/2011 6:49 PMPosted by Sanctitty
Hunters don't have haste "caps", they have thresholds. For surv hunters the thresholds are 1.66 second cobras and 1.25 second cobras. MM is a little more complicated, but from what I gather you want to not STACK it but not avoid it either.

I take it that is a "Get 1.66s, but if you have enough haste to get 1.25, do it, but only if you can get that low"?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
7-800 is great u shouldnt need any more that that and u should b stacing agi and crit not haste
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Soft cap for SV is 6.325% haste, which is exactly perfect to fire 3 Cobra Shots between every Explosive Shot. After some experimentation it seems that this is about right for BM too, as Kill Command has the same cooldown as Explosive Shot, although BM has some talents and conditions that temporarily modify haste.

Future tiers of gear may allow SV to squeeze in a 4th Cobra Shot, but until then there is no reason to increase haste beyond 6.325%. You want to be firing your SV and BM signature skills immediately as the cooldown expires. Even with the 4-piece T11 set you cannot get a 4th Cobra Shot without delaying Explosive Shot so that T11 4-piece set bonus is pretty much useless to SV.
Edited by Cedarkin on 2/24/2011 6:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
ok i have read soooo many things and still havent gotten an answer that im looking for ..im sitting at 22.56% haste my cobra shot is a1.63 sec cast..where do i go from here more haste /less haste..and why..lol..im hit capped i have 20.71% crit and mastery is at 15.56 if i need more or less where should it go or be taken from..ty for the help
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]