Best place to get lvl 60 gear

68 Orc Warrior
Hey everyone, Im very new to WoW and this is my first serious character. To level lately Ive been running dungeons for exp and thats where Ive found most if not all of my gear. But since about level 55ish Ive been doing "Honor" pvps and noticed a good amount of exp gains.

Question is...where should I get my next round of gear? I have enough honor to buy gear from the legacy vendor in Orgrimmar but I was told that the BC content in the Outlands would have better gear drops and that I should just save my honor? Should I run dungeons again? Solo quest in the Burning Crusade content to find gear?

Please any help thank you..
Reply Quote
I'm not one to feel the need to constantly stay updated with the top gear going through leveling. That being said, I do like to have a nice weapon and shield. If you have the honor, I highly suggest getting the level 60 high warlords cleaver, as you are an orc. I took the longsword(being human and not liking how the mace looks) and didn't replace it until northrend. I even managed to solo Durn in Nagrand at ~66 and get his tanking sword. it has better tanking stats, sure, but I really like the 2.9 speed (and therefore higher top end damage) of the PvP epics.

As for a shield, I just powered through sporeggar rep (you'll find them in Zangarmarsh) with items from an 85. I understand this isn't possible for you, so again, if you have the honor, the warlords shield isn't a terrible choice. I did replace my shield once I did mana-tombs. the first boss drops a nice shield that i held on to until northrend.

So overall, my suggestions is that if you have the honor to burn, feel free to augment all the upgrades you'll be getting in BC. I personally wouldn't recommend going more than just weapon and shield, but that's personal preference as I see it as overkill for the level. You should find yourself rolling through dungeons pretty easily in BC.
You'll get the best ROI from your weapon with shield being dependent on your luck. You'll get some upgrades in dungeons too, but you should be doing them any how if for nothing else but the experience(not xp) they give you.

Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The Helfire Penninsula quests are pretty fast and can get you started on some nice items and there is a shield quest reward fit for tanking. (Don't remember which though, just that I liked it)

Since you have flight, these quests should go pretty fast, and save you the Honor Points. If you feel you'd rather spend the honor, I'd say get the shield first and run some dungeons.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
From my experance...
As soon as you hit 58, 68, go get AH greens, but pay very close attention to the item lvl.
At lvl 60 the bad gear, you are not looking for, item's lvl will be lvl 60, but the good stuff will be item lvl 90, both will require you to be lvl 60.

This is best done at 58 and 68 for new gear then run your PUG's like normal to get into blues again.

Just remember when you switch from pre-BC to BC you will not be as powerful, as the instances are much harder. Same with the switch from pre-LK to LK.

Hitting up the AH is a geat way to get what you are looking for.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
As a general rule, the quest rewards from Outland will outshine anything you can get before it. The same goes for Northrend and Cataclysm quest rewards when you reach that point. Furthermore, the content before the level cap is easy enough that you can breeze through it even in crappy gear, so it's not at all important if you're still using level 12 rings in Northrend (although you'll more than likely find some to replace them long before you reach that point).
Edited by Muspel on 2/15/2011 9:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
02/15/2011 9:12 AMPosted by Muspel
As a general rule, the quest rewards from Outland will outshine anything you can get before it. The same goes for Northrend and Cataclysm quest rewards when you reach that point. Furthermore, the content before the level cap is easy enough that you can breeze through it even in crappy gear, so it's not at all important if you're still using level 12 rings in Northrend (although you'll more than likely find some to replace them long before you reach that point).

This.

We have a player in our guild who will get 5 level ups one week, then sit at that level for a week trying to get gear and enchantments and this and that for his character. It's completely unnecessary.

The only reason you need to spend ANY amount of time stopped on a level focusing on getting all the best gear is if that level is 85. (Or if you're making a twink and are NEVER going to level past that level.)

At level 65, you'll be getting quest rewards that make the stuff you spent money on at level 60 look really silly.

Save your money up for your flight training and mounts and such. Don't spend money on gear until you hit 85 (and even then, it's my personal preference to work for my own gear).

But with that said, the quest rewards from BC will be really good, so you shouldn't spend your honor points on any gear at this point in time.
Reply Quote
68 Orc Warrior
Wow well thanks for all the great input so far. Ive never posted on here before and am shocked at all the responses Ive recieved. So it sounds like it would be best to just save all of my honor pts. and earn gear through questing. I was worried about good gear because Im enjoying the pvp elements of the game but dont want to get pwned.

Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It's not worth getting PvP gear before level 85, given how fast you'll outlevel it, how long it takes to farm it, and how rapidly rating decay will affect the benefit of your resilience.

Plus, almost no one in BGs will have any PvP gear until you hit the level cap, anyways.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
It's not worth getting PvP gear before level 85, given how fast you'll outlevel it, how long it takes to farm it, and how rapidly rating decay will affect the benefit of your resilience.

Plus, almost no one in BGs will have any PvP gear until you hit the level cap, anyways.

i'd still do 2-3 just for the shield.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Hey everyone, Im very new to WoW and this is my first serious character. To level lately Ive been running dungeons for exp and thats where Ive found most if not all of my gear. But since about level 55ish Ive been doing "Honor" pvps and noticed a good amount of exp gains.

Question is...where should I get my next round of gear? I have enough honor to buy gear from the legacy vendor in Orgrimmar but I was told that the BC content in the Outlands would have better gear drops and that I should just save my honor? Should I run dungeons again? Solo quest in the Burning Crusade content to find gear?

Please any help thank you..

get to 85 asap
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
There are multiple break-points like that in WoW, where one expansion meets the previous one.

As you've seen at level 58, you should be in Hellfire Peninsula, running every single quest chain there to get a bunch of BC greens/blues that dramatically outstrip anything you could get in old-world dungeons or quests.

When you reach level 68, you will then go to Northrend (either Howling Fjord or Borean Tundra - and for plate tanks, I suggest BT over HF). Run the quests in the starter zones there and you will get another big boost. Same deal as at level 58, switching over to "Wrath" gear at 68-69 will boost your stats 20-30% over anything you could get in Burning Crusade zones / quests / dungeons.

It's a bit odd with Cata, because you can't go to the Cata zones until 80. However, you *can* start purchasing "Cataclysm" green BoEs at the AH starting at level 77. These are item level 270-ish pieces and are 30-50% better then anything available in the upper level Wrath zones.
Reply Quote
86 Human Death Knight
I say questing is a pretty good way of getting gear but if you like pvp then i would save up conquest points because they have sets for level 60s
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
the level 70 PVP gear is sick as hell.

save up your honor and get a full set once you ding. prior to that, just farm the auctionhouse for 67/68/69 "wrath" gear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
05/23/2011 03:41 PMPosted by Garlo
I say questing is a pretty good way of getting gear but if you like pvp then i would save up conquest points because they have sets for level 60s

You do realize this thread is three months old, right?
Reply Quote
05/23/2011 10:05 PMPosted by Muspel
You do realize this thread is three months old, right?

I am seeing a LOT of necros on the forums this week. School out early this summer with people returning to the game suddenly?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]