Calia Menethil: Arthas' Lost Sister

90 Orc Warrior
There is a word that perfectly describes Calia Menethil.

That word is "irrelevent"
Reply Quote
she is a dead end character with nothing to really do. she cant hang out with deathwing or his human form alter ego. she cant rule the forsaken. she cant rule the people of theramore since they quit lordaeron in favor of following jaina. she cant rule in stormwind, they already have a king. she cant rule in the plague lands they argents already have a leader who rules over many races.

blizzard went through a lot of work to balance out the leveling zones so none of the forsaken zones are going to be given back to humans or the alliance. and in the end, why would people follow a lady who has actively avoided doing anything for almost 15 years. they should just mark her dead and put the royal line down for the count.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock

This. She was just another random relative created by Knaak.
Reply Quote
63 Tauren Hunter
she is a dead end character with nothing to really do. she cant hang out with deathwing or his human form alter ego. she cant rule the forsaken. she cant rule the people of theramore since they quit lordaeron in favor of following jaina. she cant rule in stormwind, they already have a king. she cant rule in the plague lands they argents already have a leader who rules over many races.

Haha, ouch. I've seen illegitimate airs get more love than this!

Poor Calia, she should have punched Arthas in the face when she had the chance.
Reply Quote
i find her a boreing character with no potential. she has no one to rule and has actively avoided doing anything if she is alive for more than a decade. her biggest story points are

1 that black dragon is cute
2 my brother is a jerk on so many levels
3 i might not be dead
Reply Quote
63 Tauren Hunter
You're not wrong. It's just that she's a total blank slate.

Has she even had a single line anywhere? Has she ever actually appeared anywhere? She was only mentioned in a few places as far as I know. The fact of the matter she exists. Whether that's six feet under or as an untapped hero is up to Blizzard. I'm not the one suggesting her to bring her back, but I understand this to be a loose end.

Should Blizzard write an Oblivion style story around her? I'm not one to say. All I am saying is that if she comes back I won't flip out.
Reply Quote
73 Orc Warrior
You're not wrong. It's just that she's a total blank slate.

Has she even had a single line anywhere? Has she ever actually appeared anywhere? She was only mentioned in a few places as far as I know. The fact of the matter she exists. Whether that's six feet under or as an untapped hero is up to Blizzard. I'm not the one suggesting her to bring her back, but I understand this to be a loose end.

Should Blizzard write an Oblivion style story around her? I'm not one to say. All I am saying is that if she comes back I won't flip out.

She had a few lines in "Arthas" where she was sobbing about being married off to "Lord Prestor" but as her coin implies she either warmed to the idea or got Dragon-mind-controlled like Thoradin, Terenas, Greymane... etc...

Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I think it would be interesting if Calia was in Kul Tiras (with Alleria and Turalyon with Atiesh in Stormgarde) and spent the last ten years training to be this ultimate warrior berserzker to take down her nemesis Hoak Hogan...err, Arthas, and then breaks out back into the world at large with legions of troops, screaming an insane war cry...only to find out that he was knocked off by a bunch of nameless schlubs and a narcissist who sold chips of the Frozen Throne to make all those statues of himself.

Calia: "Bugger."
Reply Quote
63 Tauren Hunter
02/16/2011 2:47 PMPosted by Ugom
She had a few lines in "Arthas" where she was sobbing about being married off to "Lord Prestor" but as her coin implies she either warmed to the idea or got Dragon-mind-controlled like Thoradin, Terenas, Greymane... etc...

Aha. That actually makes a remarkable amount of sense.

When Deathwing got beat to a pulp and Lord Prestor mysteriously disappeared the spell wore off fairly quickly...
Reply Quote
48 Goblin Shaman

iirc The one book that even mentioned Calia was Arthas, which was written by Cristie Golden
Reply Quote
73 Orc Warrior
I think it would be interesting if Calia was in Kul Tiras (with Alleria and Turalyon with Atiesh in Stormgarde) and spent the last ten years training to be this ultimate warrior berserzker to take down her nemesis Hoak Hogan...err, Arthas, and then breaks out back into the world at large with legions of troops, screaming an insane war cry...only to find out that he was knocked off by a bunch of nameless schlubs and a narcissist who sold chips of the Frozen Throne to make all those statues of himself.

1. Calia is just not the berserker type, I'm sorry, and while yes everyone likes to believe "Anyone can be anything so long as they train long and hard at it!" No, no they can't, especially not Calia, she's soft, and not in the "drop her into a jungle and she'll toughen up to survive" way, it's just... read the books.

2. No way no one knows when Arthas died, there was a big military movement.

Reply Quote
100 Human Mage

Dude, I know these forums are all "serious business," and all, but...honestly.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter

Yes.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior

iirc The one book that even mentioned Calia was Arthas, which was written by Cristie Golden
Her first appearance was a very brief mention in Day of the Dragon, written by Knaak a year before Warcraft 3.
Reply Quote
63 Tauren Hunter

She first appeared - or at least was mentioned - in Day of the Dragon by Richard A. Knaak, which was the very first novel with the Warcraft license.

Edit: Vegdrasil beat me to it. >_<
Edited by Kyravia on 2/16/2011 3:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
73 Orc Warrior

Dude, I know these forums are all "serious business," and all, but...honestly.

*grim stare*

Lore is -always- serious business, lore is life and death!

How can you imply for even a moment that the cosmic forces that cause each and every thing humans imagine to pop into existence within a parallel universe -aren't- Earthshaking?

GOOD DAY MA'M

(No, really, I just couldn't tell whether you were serious or not :P)
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
02/16/2011 3:15 PMPosted by Ugom

I did make a 1980s WWF reference...don't know how much more blatant I could make it, man. :)
Reply Quote
73 Orc Warrior
02/16/2011 3:21 PMPosted by Kelrexia

I did make a 1980s WWF reference...don't know how much more blatant I could make it, man. :)

1. A what reference?

2. On this board... alot more.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Does NOONE Remember her from Old Theramore? She used to be into Theramore with the name Calia ( Random Last name ) And it was hinted at several times in the quests she gave that she had escaped when Jania left Lordearon, and was being sheltered in Theramore.

Her quests used to be about Theramore deserters, and she often spoke on how "anyone" could given the second chance of not dieing in the purging of Lordearon, then turn on their countrymen when saved.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]