Tree form

90 Night Elf Druid
02/15/2011 9:24 PMPosted by Fathôm
ever notice we restos didnt cry all day about being poly able but ferals are throwing temper tantrums?

Apples and oranges.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hear, hear! I agree! Perhaps you gain a 'glow' when empowered so PvP isn't messed up.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I agree!

And I should be allowed to shift into bear form but still have the abilities of cat form! Cat form gets boring!
Reply Quote
I agree!

And I should be allowed to shift into bear form but still have the abilities of cat form! Cat form gets boring!

This made me giggle...and then I realized that that happens to me, too...

Then I was a little sad...
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I agree the whole iconic TREE has lost its importance until you pop it. I would be like if bears or moonkins only got to change forms to burst dps for a few seconds or if they were getting hit really hard and then needed bear as a damage reduction. I understand the changes just i'd rather be running around a tree fulltime. I miss my icon; unless its a omg moment or rp in org... it doesnt come out. I always use it still whenever its needed but at the same rate i cry when its over, and some people dont even remember to use it ive noticed. I agree with the statements; make it that you can be in the form but to take advantage of the procs and benefit of it you still have to use the treeform cooldown. Love to my fellow trees.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Seconded...no, thirded... no twenty-sixthed. I miss running around in tree. Every other druid form is usable full-time, just for the look if that's what you want. Give me a tree-form I can wear to RP, and a button for "improved tree" to engage the Tree Of Life talent buffs.

If you don't WANT to wear tree full-time, no-one says you have to, but for those of us who actually like the form, pretty please can we have it back?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/17/2011 4:30 PMPosted by Breakthrough
Not that long, vanilla we had no tree form.

Yes we did.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
02/17/2011 6:13 PMPosted by Ikagawa
Not that long, vanilla we had no tree form.

Yes we did.

uhhhhhhh
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Tree form was introduced with Lifebloom in BC. I remember not having tree. I also remember being GLEEFUL when it was introduced, and I'm sad, sad, sad, to see it effectively removed as a form, and reduced to a short-lived buff with a fancier-than-average graphic.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I understand that we were the easiest healer to spot in a BG, and that goes with the Moonkin form. They seem to always get targeted first in PvP. But on the other hand, what about the people who don't PvP, and enjoy just the PvE side of this game?

I think that they need to provide an option so that resto has a perm shapeshift again. I just don't find any reasoning that has been given out for why they removed it satisfying, and I don't buy it.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
bump
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Hey Jinjix i think your missing the point that the new tree form is there to help in an emergancy and it also is there to help with your mana conservation problems if they were to tkae that out it would completly change our mana regen etc.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
02/18/2011 9:58 AMPosted by Draeger
I have no clue why people care so much about models. Most people play zoomed out enough that you barely see your character in the first place. Whether you're healing in form or out of form really shouldn't matter since you're doing everything but stare at your own model while actually playing the game.

- Becuase people have their own opinion on things and some enjoyed having a perm shape shift. I also play at max camera view and can see my character perfect.

02/18/2011 10:38 AMPosted by Moouhappynow
Hey Jinjix i think your missing the point that the new tree form is there to help in an emergancy and it also is there to help with your mana conservation problems if they were to tkae that out it would completly change our mana regen etc.

- You shouldn't have to rely on ToL form to not go oom. As handy as it is to spam lifeblooms and proc OoC, I can honestly say I wouldn't heal any different or oom if they removed it.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I love my caster form and i especially love seeing the gear on my char.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
02/17/2011 6:18 PMPosted by Rawkstar

Yes we did.

uhhhhhhh

I think he means resto druids got it in, I think, patch 1.8(correct me if I'm wrong on this). That would mean, technically, ToL was around at the the end of Vanilla.

Now, I agree that there should be some common ground where people can keep a perma form if they so choose either through a glyph or a talent or something. Personally, I miss old ToL form, but I also like the new one as well.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
This is exactly what I expected the glyph to do when I first heard about it: provide an option to stay in the old form if you wanted to, and shift to the new form to use the cooldown. Seems to me that it would keep both sides pleased.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
02/15/2011 4:49 PMPosted by Jinjix
In my opinion Blizz should make it so you can be in tree anytime but not have the power ups as the new tree does. As I see it it gets boring sitting in caster form I would like it so that while your in treant form you can empower it and have the upgrades. If your any other spec you get to sit in a form and I'm stuck in this skin. Ive been playing for a long time and I was sad to see the original tree to get taken out. :'(

I completely agree! I just recently started gaming in the past few years and the visual aspect of gaming is very important to me. I made a resto druid as my first healing class because I loved the old tree form and I was completely devastated when Blizzard took that away. I find it completely frustrating that all other druids are able to stay in their form, yet resto's can't. I have just recently started leveling my druid to 85 because I really don't like looking like a cow (and a troll even less) and I find that miss my tree form more and more. Maybe they could make it something extra that you have to train or a special quest chain, so that those who prefer to stay in racial form can, but those of us who want the tree form, we would have to jump through a couple of extra hoops for it.
Edited by Tristta on 2/18/2011 9:00 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]