Roguedom: Common Rogue Q's & A's

(Sticky)

100 Night Elf Rogue
can you tell me if my stats are ok, or what is wrong?
thanks.

Hey Elmagnifíco -- Firstly, I very much recommend posting a q like this within the forum itself, rather than at the end of a sticky such as mine. Although I check this thread all the time because I have a raging, desperately needy ego, I doubt many other people visit here often, so you're much more likely to get responses from a range of knowledgeable rogues if you create a new thread.

Secondlike... Did someone tell you there's something wrong? All I can see is your current armory profile (which is in Combat spec), and that's looking pretty good to me. According to ShadowCraft (http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/ -- be sure to use it every time you get a new piece of gear!), there are a couple of reforges you could change that would increase your DPS slightly, and I can also see that a couple of your enchants aren't top-of-the-line. But those minor issues aren't costing you very much DPS at all.

So, if you're not doing as much DPS as you feel you should, it's probably because your rotation is off or you're not approaching boss fights in a way that'll allow you to maximize your damage.

If you'd like, write back with a little more info describing your problem and your current DPS rotation, and I'd be happy to help troubleshoot. You may want to create a new thread when you do so, however, so that smarter rogues than I can see it and lend a hand as well. :)
Edited by Rfeann on 2/13/2012 8:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
Blizzard should totally remove the search function for this forum and put this thread instead.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
02/19/2012 09:29 PMPosted by Kromos
Blizzard should totally remove the search function for this forum and put this thread instead.

I have been sending them emails every hour, on the hour, for the past 8 months telling them EXACTLY this. Thank you for seeing the right of things, Kromos.

I also think that a picture of my avatar's head should follow people as they scroll through the thread listing, and periodically say, "Are you sure you don't just want to look at the sticky instead?"

Wow... now that I've put that image in my mind, I suddenly find myself really annoying. :)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Hm. Hey, Sheevah, are you out there? I wanted to hunt you down in-game and ask you a question related to this thread, but then I realized I don't even know where your actual character lives anymore. That slightly impairs my hunting ability.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I am rogue, my blades hunger for flesh.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Vex
Subtlety: "Subtlety Compendium"
The masters of rogue mathematics sticky a guide for Sub raiders. (By Omniwank, at Elitist Jerks)
http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t119013-subtlety_compendium

FYI this is now run by Pantal.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
For some reason, when I read that, I thought it said "Pantera," and I was amazed that an old-school heavy metal band was so interested in Subtlety PvE.

I'll fix the attribution, thanks Hail. It's cool to see you holding your own on EJ; that place intimidates the fart out of me. (Literally. No farts left.) When will you usurp Pathal and take over the thread? :)
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
For some reason, when I read that, I thought it said "Pantera," and I was amazed that an old-school heavy metal band was so interested in Subtlety PvE.

I'll fix the attribution, thanks Hail. It's cool to see you holding your own on EJ; that place intimidates the fart out of me. (Literally. No farts left.) When will you usurp Pathal and take over the thread? :)

Hey, Hail boy even got a response from Aldriana!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
As an FYI-ish sort of thing to... whomever, I suppose, I've filled out the transmogrification section with additional links to some spiffy resources that list various gear sets down through the ages (raiding/PvP and otherwise), as well as those that allow you to "see" various items you may be interested in xmogging.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2369742267#18
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Vex
03/12/2012 12:27 PMPosted by Rfeann
When will you usurp Pathal and take over the thread? :)

I plan to make this announcement in my upcoming interview with Chase Christian. Till then, shhh!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Your secret is safe with me, Hail. And all of the people who read this thread. (Hi, mom!)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Vex
All in due time my friend, all in due time....
Reply Quote
19 Undead Rogue
Please add:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3764966488?page=1
before it's lost!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
I vow I shall not forget. :) All of the PvP stuff in both threads is... mentally preparing itself to be revised, let's say. In the meantime there's a lot of outdated crap, and a few great threads that deserve to be noted but currently aren't. I hope to clean that all up soon!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
In the section on the legendary daggers, added a link to Unru@Korgath's add-on (which helps with the tracking of both the +Agility stack and the Fury of the Destroyer proc). If any of you have an especially cool or useful setup with Power Auras or another existing add-on that you'd like to share, provide a screenshot and a config export for it and, if it cuts the mustard, I'd be happy to link to it (assuming I have room in the sticky post).

Edit to add: I just read my previous post in this thread, in which I talked about how the PvP stuff was in flux. Just in case you're wondering, there is no more flux. :) Sheevah took over the entire PvP section and made it amazing; it's now four times as large as it had been and includes a gaggle of answers to basic questions for PvPers of all specs. It's a cool complement to Snoz's recently stickied PvP guide (whose main purpose is to provide detailed instructions and tips on Subtlety PvP at max level).
Edited by Rfeann on 4/23/2012 8:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
81 Undead Rogue
Wonderful hints, i've learned some.. Thanks Rfeann
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Krogu, you might be one of the most thoughtful sticky-posters ever. You've given us all such warm greetings the past week! Thanks.
Reply Quote
81 Undead Rogue
Cheers, can't w8 to be back, cuz I'm away from home due to job commitment :)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
As an FYI to the four and a half people who follow anything beyond the first page of this thread, I've completed a sweep through the sticky to update all of the FAQ sections for Patch 5.0.4 -- or to at least plant warnings in the spots where I have absolutely no plans to update anything (read: Sheevah's PvP stuff, especially now that the season is ending).

I've removed a lot of sections that answered questions I no longer feel comfortable answering. In other places, I've replaced actual answers with "we just don't know." I hope to fill in some gaps over the next several days, but as always, requests and suggestions are ridiculously welcome.

Hopefully I haven't too badly screwed up the explanations of how hit and expertise work now. I was pretty bleary-eyed when I wrote that stuff.
Edited by Rfeann on 8/27/2012 9:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]