These "Hotfixes" are a no, no.

90 Goblin Warrior
02/19/2011 4:39 PMPosted by Bashiok
Class balance comes from no single source. And while forum feedback is part of it, it's not enough to drive a change alone.

Really? It has been in the past if I remember correctly when drastic class changes were proposed by Blizzard developers.
Edited by Apophis on 2/19/2011 5:16 PM PST
90 Human Priest
02/19/2011 4:49 PMPosted by Inept
The PTR is free to the public(well you have to have a current account).

I think you might be confused lol ;)

Yup. I didn't read your OP completely. However, I believe that a 3 million player North American base is large enough not to require giving away their product for free. Personnally, I think that Blizzard took the expansion pack out of the oven too early. Its still pretty raw.
85 Gnome Warrior
These hotfixes are amazing.
Keep them coming, and keep working hard to make this a more balanced game!
90 Orc Hunter
Wish they would at least restart the realms so I can have my buffed Aspect of the Hawk to go along with the already live nerfed Aimed Shot.
90 Human Warrior
The recent hotfixes have changed my class far to much and far to quickly to ever be competitive. i went from arms pvp spec to having to change to fury pvp spec. when from TG fury being best to SMF fury spec is best. i simply dont have the kind of time to farm every type of weapon and enchant them with landslide that sets me back 7k gold each. not to mention switching reforging to apply to the mastery changes implemented to warrior. id like it if warrior was never top dps but we didnt have to change everything up every 2-3 days.
80 Human Mage

*Cough*
DKs could use some attention
*Cough*

I hope you're not saying DKs need a nerf because I will hit you with my hammer.

And they just need to come out with more frequent patches. Not hotfixes.

Heck no! DKs were overnerfed in PvE, and that's the truth of it!
Also- that's what I was leaning towards- more predictable but frequent changes, as opposed to overnight hotfixes.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Perhaps blizzards needs to have a permanent PTR. That way players are always on it, testing it, etc...

Let people copy their characters easily and simply to the PRT. Let two copies of the character exist, one on the live realm and one on the test realm, and there should be no problems getting the data necessary.
100 Human Priest
I'm a software developer and I find the blue replies to be somewhat surprising. Obviously I have been involved in hot fixes but, there is a very specific reason to implement a hot fix. Hot fixes should only be implented for things that have a high negative impact on the system. Otherwise hot fixes end up causing more problems then you originally had. Which is exactly what you have proven over the last few weeks.

Working out that bubbles were going to be spammed should have been an easy catch. (Before PTR) Devs shouldn't be getting given a hard time here it should be your testers. The quality of testing these 'hot fixes' has been rather poor.

I think you are putting too much effort into class balance hot fixes. So what if a class is OP for 2 weeks or a month. All the world firsts are done so spend more time on long term fixes instead of going back and forth in extremes of OP and LOL why bother playing X class.

Anyways, I can obviously talk the talk but being in your shoes is going to be much different. Keeping 10+ million people happy is no walk in the park. But, I think your Dev manager should be taking a step back and saying, 'OK, enough with these hot fixes. Let's do it properly'. Cause now instead of having 1 group of people being upset about their class, each class is just taking their turn at being upset. Giving support and feedback to one group (1 large fire) is going to be a heck of a lot easier then trying to put out hundreds of spotfires that keep reappearing just as you get done with it.
85 Blood Elf Hunter

can we have an explanation of hunter multi trap being removed without any patch notes or hotfix adressing this?

(multi trapping is refering to having multiple targets frozen by using mulitple freezing traps)

PVP concerns.

There's all the answer you need.

multi trapping is irerelavant in pvp due to the duration being 8 seconds and the CD being 22 (with every posible CD reducer, which includes playing as SV)

if it is pulled off its done by eather premeditated action (putting the trap down b4 your even fighting and managing to get the player to run over it) and/or using a 3 min CD (readyness)

due to this it would be VERY rare for multiple people to be CCed by freezing trap in pvp at 1 time, and it would take more skill than any but the top pvp hunters have
Edited by Alfavhunter on 2/19/2011 5:57 PM PST
90 Troll Priest
02/18/2011 8:48 PMPosted by Bashiok
Forum posts always make a lot of noise. It's difficult to separate the seed from the chaff.

I read that and almost blacked out after thinking about the Damage Dealing Forums.
96 Goblin Hunter
02/18/2011 8:48 PMPosted by Bashiok
I know a lot of us remember the old days where classes would sit without changes for months, in some cases years for specific mechanics.

Hunter's are still waiting. Aimed Shot cast time comes to mind. So do trap resists.
Edited by Renwar on 2/19/2011 6:02 PM PST
23 Gnome Rogue
I was gonna point out that it's not "a no, no", it's "a no-no". But the OP probably isn't reading any more, so I won't.

85 Dwarf Hunter
While it can get a little frustrating when your class is changed repeatedly, I think it's much better to have these hotfixes when needed than to wait until months go by and they're ready for another major patch-- the way they used to.

85 Night Elf Druid
02/19/2011 4:47 PMPosted by Aloeverra
Class balance comes from no single source. And while forum feedback is part of it, it's not enough to drive a change alone.

Part of this comment is true and part of it is not.

Druid balance is determined solely inside the Blizzard Corporation. So sentence one is a lie.

Sentence two is definitely true. Druid forum posts are completely ignored. Go see for yourself.
73 Tauren Warrior
Blizzard has reached the point where they are putting crap on top of crap. A strategy destined to fail, and huge reason while this game is now swirling the toilet.
85 Night Elf Hunter
Do you guys even read the threads on the hunter page, i mean really do you i anit even seen a blue post on them.

Also want to nerf frost mages as in nerf then so much that they are broken like a druid yes like a druid.
Edited by Deldire on 2/19/2011 6:29 PM PST
90 Night Elf Rogue
02/19/2011 6:18 PMPosted by Bülldozer
this game is now swirling the toilet.

Hahaha, We've all read this comment or others like it since vanilla wow. And yet, wow's still dominent and shows no real signs of fading. It's a pity, they might be a little more responsive if the population began to fade in any real sense, but we're all still sipping away like mad from the hummingbird feeder.

Kragoth (a few comments above) was absolutely right: hotfixes are for emergencies. Lesser fixes should stay in the development cycle and get rolled out with the regular updates. I also find the items they fix versus the items that have been wrong since cata to be hilarious. For e.g.: gathering nodes still phase OR are within cliff faces in twilight highlands. But, after only a few days, whiptail was curtailed.

Enough w/ the incessant pvp balancing changes! You can NOT balance the relationship between 10 classes, 2 factions, 12 races & god knows how many talent permutations! It is not possible.

100 Dwarf Warrior
02/19/2011 5:24 PMPosted by Boxxy
The recent hotfixes have changed my class far to much and far to quickly to ever be competitive. i went from arms pvp spec to having to change to fury pvp spec. when from TG fury being best to SMF fury spec is best. i simply dont have the kind of time to farm every type of weapon and enchant them with landslide that sets me back 7k gold each. not to mention switching reforging to apply to the mastery changes implemented to warrior. id like it if warrior was never top dps but we didnt have to change everything up every 2-3 days.

7k? I wish it was that cheap on my server.... the crystals alone are 2.1k each (so 10.5k combined) and thats not counting the other mats + tipping the enchanter :P.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]