These "Hotfixes" are a no, no.

85 Blood Elf Hunter
02/19/2011 6:32 PMPosted by Sakiri
multi trapping is irerelavant in pvp due to the duration being 8 seconds and the CD being 22 (with every posible CD reducer, which includes playing as SV)

In vanilla, when multi trapping was possible, traps did not have such a low PVP duration.

They changed all of it in BC. You haven't really been able to multi trap for about 5 years.

actually its been in game quite a while, back in BC they returned it as the reducing the duration in pvp had caused a bug that made it so only 1 mob could be trapped at 1 time, this was fixed about 2-3 months after it was broke, if you wish i could dig up proof on this giving you a link to MMO Champions page that has the patch notes from BC that brought it back
31 Goblin Rogue
This brings me back to my original point on page nine: The devs are either understaffed, stupid, or just flat out unable to balance the game properly due to being unable to dig themselves out of the veritably !*@& storm they've already brought down upon their heads. I, for one, don't actually believe they're 'biased' in terms of favoring some classes over others, I personally just lean towards them being very ignorant on how some things should probably work, and with some of the balance decisions we've seen made by them (hello s5 DKs, s5-s7 ret pallies, hunters in their current state, rogues through out all of wrath, ect, ect) I don't see how anyone can mount a viable answer otherwise.

The bolded is what gets you banned from the forums. If you are going to argue do it in a respectable manner. There is no need to bash the devs

To rephrase what he said in a more civil manner:

"They seem to be in over their heads."
Edited by Chlorine on 2/19/2011 6:44 PM PST
85 Night Elf Hunter
There have been some wonderfully insightful posts made by the players in this thread voicing concerns and observations that are affecting their class - I sincerely hope that Bash and any other Blue that is browsing this thread is reading through the shocking number of fantastic, well thought out posts here and taking some notes to bring back to the Dev team.

There are a lot of unanswered questions, and a lot of evasion on the Blue's part when it comes to answering some of these questions. Feral druids are a mess, Hunters have been put through the ringer in the past year with very little support or feedback to help us adjust to a complete class mechanic overhaul, healers are suffering, deep talented abilities for many classes are useless or even malignant.

I appreciate that this is a hugely difficult game to manage and that development is an on going process - and I would be perfectly happy to deal with all of the problems if there was a little more communication dedicated towards specific player concerns and not just the occasional roundabout Blue post that is more concerned with politics than dealing with some of the valid concerns being raised.

My suggestion would be to schedule a day where a class developer would grace each class forum with their presence for a constructive Q&A. I know that I speak for a lot of Hunters in saying that we would really appreciate an open dialogue. There are so many unanswered questions for our class - and I imagine that every other class feels the same way too. Make an "appointment" with the class forums and have that Blue poster scheduled to sit and read through that thread and respond for an hour or so - like a Team Meeting.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
02/19/2011 6:41 PMPosted by Sakiri
actually its been in game quite a while, back in BC they returned it as the reducing the duration in pvp had caused a bug that made it so only 1 mob could be trapped at 1 time, this was fixed about 2-3 months after it was broke, if you wish i could dig up proof on this giving you a link to MMO Champions page that has the patch notes from BC that brought it back

Tell me why you need to multitrap in pve?

I havent come across a single incident in the entire game that I haven't been able to deal with solo, group, or raid, that one trap, group members, or my pet couldn't handle.

lucky you, my daily H dungeon random usually consists of warriors tank/holy pallys and DKs, im typically the only CC in group and me being able to CC 3+ at a time was helpful, and i atleast want an explanation as to why it wasnt even mentioned in patchnotes/hotfix

it caused me to destroy a trash pull that would have otherwise been safe, and then got me kicked from the group, causing me to have to wait for anopuhter 40 min Q (in which i tested on weaker mobs for what happened and discovered the truth that it was gone with no waring from the blues)
90 Tauren Druid
02/19/2011 4:21 PMPosted by Bashiok
Going back to your question, the PTR does many great things for the patches, and it should be expected that we're not going to make balance changes based on forum posts alone.

What about bug fixes? A single post pointing out a bug should be all that's required to look into it if the bug pointed out is easily recognized as a bug by the reading blue. I get that not all bugs are so obvious and that some bugs require more than one poster to speak out about it.

But, you shouldn't need to look at 3rd party blogs, 3rd party forums, your own forums, dps metering sites, or even expect 20% of more of the cat druids to agree that it needs to be fixed before you figure out that Cat Form 4pc bonus shouldn't fall off every time we innervate, brez, tranquility, thorns a tank, or spot heal.

We already lose dps just by shifting out of form to do those actions, we don't need a further dps loss because we have to use less than optimal abilities to restack the buff every time it falls off from leaving form. Cat Form 4pc is already a teeter totter in that it requires us to use less than optimal abilities in our rotation (dps loss), to get a buff (dps gain).

There's no chaff here to separate. And that's just one of *many* obvious issues Cats have, and no, I'm not hinting about shapeshift changes in the least.

Cats, along with other classes have obvious problems that shouldn't require more than one or two posts to mention them before they get addressed. The class designers should be able to easily think for a moment and come to the conclusion that Cat Form 4pc is not working in the manner that it should be working.

The designers should be able to easily think for a moment and come to the conclusion that a lot of stuff people are talking about needs to get fixed and it shouldn't require more than just hearing about the problem exactly one time before someone puts on their "to do" list which is promptly followed by someone telling the player base a fix for it is incoming. We shouldn't have to wait 2 months to hear that a problem is going to be corrected for a problem that we should have heard was going to be fixed from the first time the issue was reported.
25 Blood Elf Priest
02/19/2011 3:49 PMPosted by Hurwyn
this game is over 6 years old, come on now...

This game looks a lot like the game you've known for six years.

Under the hood, I suspect it's a lot different than what was before. Hence, the problems.

Cataclysm was a major code revamp. Just because it behaves in a lot of the same ways doesn't say anything about how things were changed.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I think you need to go outside and take a breather. Nothing they have done to this game has EVER made it not fun or not worth paying for to play. You know what i came to realise and accept? It doesn't matter how many threads you make where you just point the finger at blizzard and yell at them to change things back to the way they were. They're not going to bow to anyone because they don't have to. You're paying to play THEIR game. It's THEIR game therefore if they want to nerf this and that to make that and this better then you're just gonna have to deal with it and adapt.

Like I said. Go outside, kick some rocks around and when you're ready to have a reasonable arguement with a respectable tone then come back.

-edit- this post is aimed towards Imgonnahurtu
Edited by Deminished on 2/19/2011 6:51 PM PST
85 Night Elf Druid
Druids aren't broke.

My moonkin is doing just fine thanks.

No, I don't pvp. I don't consider it part of the game. They can keep breaking that all they want for all I care.

Sakiri, maybe you should apply for a job at Blizzard. Then you can just reduce us to one spec. . . the one you happen to like. Sucks for the rest of us...but you obviously don't care... YOU"RE HIRED. Congratulations!
85 Night Elf Hunter
Do you guys even read the threads on the hunter page, i mean really do you i anit even seen a blue post on them.

Also want to nerf frost mages as in nerf then so much that they are broken like a druid yes like a druid.

Druids aren't broke.

My moonkin is doing just fine thanks.

No, I don't pvp. I don't consider it part of the game. They can keep breaking that all they want for all I care.

I dont mean to rude but some people do pvp for the sake of it and dont like to pve much, That being me but they still dont read the hunter threads. It only takes a few mins of there time to have a look and see what we are talking about.
90 Pandaren Warrior
Man, I did not expect this much attention. Lol. But I like it. I've read some of it, and a lot of people have incredibly strong opinions on balance and what they think the Blizzard Team is doing.

My opinion is on if you're upset on how they work on this, apply to work there. Maybe you and you're brilliant ideas can make Blizzard run things better, no? Haha, I know I couldn't out lead people who have been doing this for the past 20 years. Ideas always sound nicer until' they are put out. History tells this from outside of WoW. That's just a known fact.

QQ less pew pew more. That is all.
25 Blood Elf Priest
Do you guys even read the threads on the hunter page, i mean really do you i anit even seen a blue post on them.

Also want to nerf frost mages as in nerf then so much that they are broken like a druid yes like a druid.

It's extremely rare for blues to post design-related stuff in class forums. This has been specifically stated more than once. Post in DD.
31 Goblin Rogue
02/19/2011 6:48 PMPosted by Deminished
I think you need to go outside and take a breather. Nothing they have done to this game has EVER made it not fun or not worth paying for to play. You know what i came to realise and accept? It doesn't matter how many threads you make where you just point the finger at blizzard and yell at them to change things back to the way they were. They're not going to bow to anyone because they don't have to. You're paying to play THEIR game. It's THEIR game therefore if they want to nerf this and that to make that and this better then you're just gonna have to deal with it and adapt.

Or quit. And as with any other business, they'll undertake course corrections, aka "bow", when their internal data suggests that their current business model is causing a reduction in revenue, in this case when consumers begin to reconsider their patronage, aka "quit".
85 Blood Elf Hunter
if you wish to see my full arguement on the return of multi trapping go to

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2089271665?page=1
cause i honestly dont want to fill 1/2 a page with my arguement in a 2nd thread

(link broke for some reason
Edited by Alfavhunter on 2/19/2011 6:59 PM PST
25 Blood Elf Priest
02/19/2011 4:08 PMPosted by Lusignan
As of right now, the top two specs are Shadow Priest and Balance Druid which are clearly both OP. Blizzard has said SP nerfs are on the way.

These are done. For the moment at least. The 10% reduction to shadow power is in effect.

As an aside, if Blizzard ever does manage to achieve something like parity in the DPS classes, say within 5-8%, people won't really like that either. It's clear that some people live to complain about how someone other than themselves is overpowered, etc.

The class homework is to imagine why that might be :)
Edited by Moanshadow on 2/19/2011 7:08 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]