Fishing Dailies in Shattrath...

74 Night Elf Priest
Just wondering if anyone from Blizzard can tell me why the Fishing Dailies, and I think the Cooking Dailies as well, are not available to be done yet? I have been told by others that you cannot do them until level 70, but that doesn't make any sense when you leave that area by then, and you can do the Dalaran dailies before then.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Daily quests were a new feature during Burning Crusade, and many of them were restricted to level 70, max level at that time.

When Dalaran was built, they realized that it would make sense to lower the required level of some of the Dalaran fishing/cooking dailies.

But they didn't go back and re-work Shattrath.

So that's why the quests aren't available to you - because they're unchanged from their original form.
Reply Quote
74 Night Elf Priest
Thank you for the timely reply.

I wonder if they have any plans to go back and change them? It would make more sense, and would make leveling fishing much less painful.
Reply Quote
76 Orc Hunter
They do need to be reworked. Particularly now that flying is available from level 60.
The problem with them atm is that several require killing high 60's level mobs.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
No, keep them at 70

In order for you to do all the dailies at 60, you are going to need overhaul of Netherstorm and Shadowmoon Valley (end 70 zones)

There are achieves there for a reason, I would support a port from SW/Org to Shattrah, but since we already get a Blasted Lands port...
Reply Quote
76 Orc Hunter
No, keep them at 70

In order for you to do all the dailies at 60, you are going to need overhaul of Netherstorm and Shadowmoon Valley (end 70 zones)

There are achieves there for a reason, I would support a port from SW/Org to Shattrah, but since we already get a Blasted Lands port...

Nonsense, far easier to overhaul the dailies so they have different objectives.
The other alternative is to make the Darlaran dailies offer the same drops/quests as the Shat Dailiiys - I'm looking at you Crocodilisks.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Old content is old and does not get reworked unless there is a Cataclysm-style whole-world-remodel. You guys know this. Maybe one day they will give Outland the Cata treatment, but it's not going to be any time soon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Thank you for the timely reply.

I wonder if they have any plans to go back and change them? It would make more sense, and would make leveling fishing much less painful.

Nothing makes leveling fishing less painful. Its one of those things you either enjoy or you dont.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]