Feb 18th Hunter Hot"fixes"

90 Pandaren Hunter
ok for the retards that dont know anything about the game.

since WOTLk came out no mobs have resists. they dont want it they dont do it anymore.

tbc sure there was plenty of mobs that could resist a type of magic, alar come into my mind about being fire inmune. huge robots in SW were nature inmune along with lootreaver (in the eye as well) along with bleeds effects.

this changed since wotlk, right now there is no mobs with high magic resistances to a school. simple as that, spell penetration by any means work in pve, not in your shots not in any other way. you can raid right now as any spec that you wont gimp your theorical damage by a resist mechanics.

in PVE there is no resist. traps are either miss or inmune. thats it.

they droped that model long time ago, right now in raids i never had any resist on my traps, trust me i done a lot of CC in raids and never hapen, including frost elementals (back them you would expect an elemental to be inmune to his own magic).

go outside, find a mob that give u a full resist on a trap post a SS and i will not post again about this.

in PVE we have another situation, isnt players fault, you would never get a resist in a player unless some buffs are present. mark of the wild, kings and resistance aura provide a large number of resistances, causing traps to resist, hence why you need 210 spell pen to avoid damage reduction by your target.

let say you are survival, your main shot is explosive shot, you hitting a target with his resistances in 0 you damage per explosive shot ticks is around 10k each tick, add in kings and that 10k will become a 9k, add resistance aura into the play and that 10k tick will become a 8k, add some spell pen (around 100) and that 8k hit will become a 9k hit and if u add more spell pen (210) that 9k hit will become a 10k hit. is pretty simple.

traps are not affected by this, we dont know if is spell hit that is causing the resist (i doubt it) but for sure is something only affected in PVP and not PVE.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
ok for the retards that dont know anything about the game.

since WOTLk came out no mobs have resists. they dont want it they dont do it anymore.

tbc sure there was plenty of mobs that could resist a type of magic, alar come into my mind about being fire inmune. huge robots in SW were nature inmune along with lootreaver (in the eye as well) along with bleeds effects.

this changed since wotlk, right now there is no mobs with high magic resistances to a school. simple as that, spell penetration by any means work in pve, not in your shots not in any other way. you can raid right now as any spec that you wont gimp your theorical damage by a resist mechanics.

in PVE there is no resist. traps are either miss or inmune. thats it.

they droped that model long time ago, right now in raids i never had any resist on my traps, trust me i done a lot of CC in raids and never hapen, including frost elementals (back them you would expect an elemental to be inmune to his own magic).

go outside, find a mob that give u a full resist on a trap post a SS and i will not post again about this.

in PVE we have another situation, isnt players fault, you would never get a resist in a player unless some buffs are present. mark of the wild, kings and resistance aura provide a large number of resistances, causing traps to resist, hence why you need 210 spell pen to avoid damage reduction by your target.

let say you are survival, your main shot is explosive shot, you hitting a target with his resistances in 0 you damage per explosive shot ticks is around 10k each tick, add in kings and that 10k will become a 9k, add resistance aura into the play and that 10k tick will become a 8k, add some spell pen (around 100) and that 8k hit will become a 9k hit and if u add more spell pen (210) that 9k hit will become a 10k hit. is pretty simple.

traps are not affected by this, we dont know if is spell hit that is causing the resist (i doubt it) but for sure is something only affected in PVP and not PVE.

theire is a difference between resist and immune

mobs in BC were immune to traps because the trap was the same school as them (fire/ice/nature (snake trap), in WotLK blizzard took immunity away from elemental mobs, removing their immunity to a school of damage (to a degree, as i remember the fire elementals in Winter Grasp being immune to explosive shot)

resist still happenes in pve, its happened to me before in H dungeons while im doing my daily H for valor, just cause it hasnt happened to you, doesnt mean it doesnt happen (PS i am hit capped, and have been well before i started doing H dungeons)

so again, resist does not mean immune
90 Pandaren Hunter
resist still happenes in pve, its happened to me before in H dungeons while im doing my daily H for valor, just cause it hasnt happened to you, doesnt mean it doesnt happen (PS i am hit capped, and have been well before i started doing H dungeons)

it dosnt happen in PVE, come here with proof of such thing and i wont say you are wrong, resist dosnt happen in PVE, not in 5 man not in raiding.

im sure i grinded the same ammount of 5 mans heroic as anyone had to get all the gear pre raiding, trust me i neve had a resist even when bellow hit cap.

it just not hapening in PVE mobs dont have + to resistances other than lvl resistances wich cant be lowered by spell pen even if you are a fire mage doing fire spells.

go research a little. back then if you were going to kill ragnaros im sure you wont go a fire mage, he will resist half of your spells and the ones that hit him would do it for a lot less. those mobs died at the end of TBC, meaning that any new mob dosnt have that mechanic, there are mobs with the mechanic but they mean nothing to end content, you wont find a full resist in pve due to mobs resistances unless you are doing a lvl 85 dungeon while you are 80.

you get it now? resist in PVE=0 unless you are 3 lvls bellow that mob.

as 85 if a mob can be CC trust me you will CC that mob, you think isnt like that? well sir get a SS of a full resist on a mob and i will stfu.

trap resistances in PVP are caused by buffs like resistance aura/totem, blessing of king/mark of the wild.

stop coming over and over and over to argue something you dont know.
85 Blood Elf Hunter

it dosnt happen in PVE, come here with proof of such thing and i wont say you are wrong, resist dosnt happen in PVE, not in 5 man not in raiding.

im sure i grinded the same ammount of 5 mans heroic as anyone had to get all the gear pre raiding, trust me i neve had a resist even when bellow hit cap.

it just not hapening in PVE mobs dont have + to resistances other than lvl resistances wich cant be lowered by spell pen even if you are a fire mage doing fire spells.

go research a little. back then if you were going to kill ragnaros im sure you wont go a fire mage, he will resist half of your spells and the ones that hit him would do it for a lot less. those mobs died at the end of TBC, meaning that any new mob dosnt have that mechanic, there are mobs with the mechanic but they mean nothing to end content, you wont find a full resist in pve due to mobs resistances unless you are doing a lvl 85 dungeon while you are 80.

you get it now? resist in PVE=0 unless you are 3 lvls bellow that mob.

as 85 if a mob can be CC trust me you will CC that mob, you think isnt like that? well sir get a SS of a full resist on a mob and i will stfu.

trap resistances in PVP are caused by buffs like resistance aura/totem, blessing of king/mark of the wild.

stop coming over and over and over to argue something you dont know.

im quite sure i have had mobs resist my freezing trap in 5 man Hs, and thats as a SV hunter with Survival Tactics, (and im not going to debate this with you, because though it does happen to me it is still rare so im not ganan waist time to screenshot a resist) now im not argueming for them to return multi trapping as it was OP in some curcumstances, i just want them to
1- acknolage that they should not have stealth nerfed it and at least informed us that it was removed b4 we caused a wipe because it was a stelth nerf (ya those 40 min Qs for the daily H dungeon as dps are made even better when its a 80 min Q after you get kicked out first pull because your group wipes from 1st trap no longer being trapped as you trap a 2nd mob that was going to kill the healer, and that wasnt my fault because no information was given to cause me to susspect this stealth nerf)
2- acknowledge that freezing trap needs something more than what it has now to be in balance with other CC (possible replace the useless talent counterattack with a talent that eaither makes freezing trap a dot scrub, or freeze all current dots/hots on the target till the target is freed from the trap [basicly a better form of dot scrub, but its more origional and creative]) {side not: it would not stop any new dots/hots from effecting the target}

but they cant leave it where it is now, because with all the drawbacks VS its one advantage its currently much weaker than other forms of CC
Edited by Alfavhunter on 2/27/2011 3:46 PM PST
85 Night Elf Hunter
So make our traps something cast directly on targets instead of predicting their movement on the ground and praying latency doesn't screw everything up, not to mention providing a glyph for our CCs to clean our target from DoTs as they hit them.

See? Making our CCs more in-line with others has to go both ways, not just the nerfing its uniquely rewarding aspect that has been like this for years.

this!

as for the other problem, blizz should just just make it so we always have an atp buff and it disappears whenever we start casting steady/cobra while moving >:D
yum
Edited by Nubbie on 2/27/2011 4:27 PM PST
100 Troll Hunter
02/23/2011 5:16 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Freezing Trap also came up quite a bit, in reference to multi-trapping. This ability was changed because we wanted hunters to be somewhat more consistent with the crowd control potential of other classes, and we didn't want any one class standing out as the absolute best at crowd control. We realize that it rewarded skill, and we like mechanics that do that. This wasn’t the right place for it though, and we think that hunters can be rewarding to skilled players in other ways.

¬¬ no more words, when you read stupid statements

Learn about hunter mechanics and compare to others CC like sheep, fear, sap, hex... hunters traps are the most stupid mechanic, no wait trap lolncher are more stupid

85 Blood Elf Mage
02/27/2011 9:57 PMPosted by Káiser
Learn about hunter mechanics and compare to others CC like sheep, fear, sap, hex... hunters traps are the most stupid mechanic, no wait trap lolncher are more stupid

I'll say this...I don't think that taking away double trapping was, in-and-of itself, too damaging to hunters.

CC hasn't been a problem for me so far in Cata, there's been plenty of it, so I don't really have a problem with them nerfing CC in general. But you're right, the hunter mechanic for CC is WAY to wonky. I don't see why the launcher doesn't just increase the range of the trap to make it where it's either a) a target-able skill, or b) a one-press button with a range of, say, 40 yards.

Either way...my first ever, and long since forgotten, toon was a hunter in Vanilla...and it really kinda hurts to see how much the class has been ravaged. From the move to focus (I'll never understand that), to the dead zone, to so many other things, blizzard has seemingly destroyed the class.

I'd like to see a major hunter overhaul, and restore them to the DPS machines that they once were.
85 Blood Elf Priest
Aimed Shot should become a proc-only skill. It should also be randomly proc'ed by Cobra or Aimed shots (with an internal cooldown of 5-7 seconds).

Lol, it would decidedly need to be renamed. Aimed shot implies long calculated preparation, following in well placed damage. In no way should it Only be instant, and further turned into a gimmick by being bonus damage proc on another damage shot.

Where I see aimed shot's place is a spell that makes the other team pay for letting you cast it. just like AB.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
02/28/2011 1:39 PMPosted by Maiyr

I'll say this...I don't think that taking away double trapping was, in-and-of itself, too damaging to hunters.

CC hasn't been a problem for me so far in Cata, there's been plenty of it, so I don't really have a problem with them nerfing CC in general. But you're right, the hunter mechanic for CC is WAY to wonky. I don't see why the launcher doesn't just increase the range of the trap to make it where it's either a) a target-able skill, or b) a one-press button with a range of, say, 40 yards.

Either way...my first ever, and long since forgotten, toon was a hunter in Vanilla...and it really kinda hurts to see how much the class has been ravaged. From the move to focus (I'll never understand that), to the dead zone, to so many other things, blizzard has seemingly destroyed the class.

I'd like to see a major hunter overhaul, and restore them to the DPS machines that they once were.

the problem wasnt really with them nerfing our CC, multi trapping was a bit too strong, but that was the advantage that made up for its clunkyness, if they added a new advantage to help balance the freezing trap with other CC i would be fine with this nerf (though i wish it wasnt stealth nerfed)

a possible solution would be to make it not as hard countered by dots, this could be done in multiple ways

the first 2 are the easyes, but least creative, the first is to be a simple dot scrub, the second being letting it absorb damage, both of these however would be coppying the sheep (with glyph), or hex

a 3rd and more creative idea would be to make it freeze all dots/hots (freeze the hots for pvp purposes) on the target and make them undispellable till the freezing trap is removed (anouhter pvp mechanic)

option 3 would be a creative and origional way of balancing freezing trap with other CCs whie at the same time not being overpowered because it would not stop aoe damage or new dots from doing damage and breaking the trap (if a player reaplies a new dot it will replace the old one anyway)
89 Night Elf Hunter
I'm starting to think the problem is less one of balance and more one of mechanics. Think of it this way. They remove trap launcher and we have freezing arrow again. Now, do they make it fire within minimum range? Trap launcher, working as it is, is a workaround for us needing to be able to CC both in our deadzone and outside of it.
100 Troll Hunter
02/28/2011 1:39 PMPosted by Maiyr

me too :(

Actually me and a lot of my hunters friend are frustrated...

just explain the next clunky mechanics:

Counter Attack??? -- with 5% parry cmon
    Raptor Strike -- hitting less than BC era
    Trap Launcher -- no words
    Pet health and pet rez -- for absolutely Dependant of them are so bad
    traps -- (resists, miss and more because no affected by hit rating)
    Focus regen mechanic -- i feel my hunter like a mana starved caster more than ever before
    minimum range and pillar bumpers -- skill?? dmit blizz
    camouflage -- no words again but useful vs rogues and druids lol

good mechanics??

Edited by Káiser on 3/1/2011 10:33 AM PST
85 Orc Hunter
So no more blue responses?
I now see how much the dev team knows about my class and what they think of us.............

I found out how little they seem to think/know about us when we learned that Steady and Cobra were going to scale with haste.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
for those wanting a complete hunter overhaul i have a forum for you to go to, but first a disclaimer to stop the that would be op trolls

these ideads are given hoping some will be implemented, not all

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1920715825?page=1
edit: nooo they killed the tread :'(
Edited by Alfavhunter on 3/6/2011 4:01 PM PST
85 Undead Priest
for those wanting a complete hunter overhaul i have a forum for you to go to, but first a disclaimer to stop the that would be op trolls

these ideads are given hoping some will be implemented, not all

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1920715825?page=1">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1920715825?page=1</a>

Unfortunately blizzard has made it ABUNDANTLY clear they dont care for us. Even when the BEST HUNTERS IN THE WORLD, make suggestions or point out flaws we are ignored. Hunters are the new shamans.

If so why not reroll. Rather than QQing about it and you know it will never get fixed, why bother? The constant flaming of the community manager is why he/she isn't coming back to post anymore. So many posts are QQ posts in this thread. I prefer a lot of the changes mentioned do get implemented but raging about it will rarely get any attention. It's a waste of time really, just play the class or leave the game, best way to make a corp care is to affect their money supply. I just don't pvp on my hunter anymore because its a waste of time and just use this priest. I knew right from the start at beta tests that a lot of the issues addressed at the end of wrath were not fixed. Deterrence finally became decent but isn't as good yet except if you are MM where u can reset it. MM also has the only interupt available to the hunter class (not usable in melee). This class will never get fixed for PVP, get over it and move on.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]