Feb 18th Hunter Hot"fixes"

85 Blood Elf Hunter
02/22/2011 5:29 PMPosted by Daxxarri
This is also good time to clear up some of the confusion about hunter shot cast times. Essentially, ranged attacks in World of Warcraft have always had a built in 0.5 second delay to their cast time. Since this does not apply to instant attacks, for hunters it only really applies to Aimed Shot, Steady Shot and Cobra Shot. Prior to the 4.0.6 changes, Aimed Shot was listed with a 3.0 cast time, but due to the delay, in reality it had a cast time that amounted to 3.5 seconds. Now that it is listed at 2.4 seconds, the actual cast time is now closer to 2.9, which is where we want it to be. We realize this caused some confusion (even for us), and we’re going to see if we can make the 0.5 second delay more visible in the future.

also i want to clarify

if the delay in the flight time of the attack, the cast time of the attack, or both (making it a 1 second delay)
86 Goblin Hunter
Pre 4.06 Blizzard stated that buffing damage wasnt the answer but it seems thats exactly what happened. Deterance was fixed, cool, master's call was nerf and our damage was buffed tenfold. Basically, none of our issues in arena were adressed.

Daxx, is Blizzard aware of hunters issues in arena? If so are there any plans to fix this? Please don't take any offence because like i said earlier I love the game you make, but it seems that WoW is mostly centered and balanced around raiding leaving PvP balance wacky..
85 Orc Hunter
Aspects cost a global cooldown. Spoken by a true blue. /facepalm
85 Orc Death Knight
02/22/2011 6:58 PMPosted by Karamok
is this buff supposed to scale down? cuz my 48 hunter still gets a piddly 43 AP from AotH while still losing a fair bit of dmg off my aimed shot

To be fair, my level 47 hunter could one shot same level mobs while questing. I was registering 2900 aimed shot crits. Unless it's like 80% less effective at lower levels it's probably still hitting hard.

The AP buff is only applied at level 85, to my understanding.

my aimed shots crit for 1500-1900 now
85 Draenei Hunter
02/22/2011 7:31 PMPosted by Ludawg
Aspects cost a global cooldown. Spoken by a true blue. /facepalm

Incoming spin:

"What I meant was, Aspects trigger a global cooldown of their own, which means you can't swap right back if you picked the wrong time to switch."
85 Draenei Hunter
02/22/2011 7:33 PMPosted by Divinèblade

To be fair, my level 47 hunter could one shot same level mobs while questing. I was registering 2900 aimed shot crits. Unless it's like 80% less effective at lower levels it's probably still hitting hard.

The AP buff is only applied at level 85, to my understanding.

my aimed shots crit for 1500-1900 now

Iirc, level 45 mobs have about 2000 health, give or take 300. So I think nearly one-shotting them is probably pretty powerful.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
02/22/2011 7:11 PMPosted by Alfavhunter

Changing aspects appropriate to what you're doing isn't necessarily a problem. With the old Aspect of the Monkey, hunters would swap only when being attacked until they could make some space again. Ideally, a hunter who changes Aspects intends to stay in that Aspect for a little while, at least. Aspects cost a global cooldown, so if use an aspect for only a very brief period of time, then that may not be the best decision.

We're okay with players making a tactical decision between a high damage, but less mobile Aspect, and an Aspect that offers mobile damage and focus generation.

this is understamdable though debatable on the effectiveness, now if you could clarify for me, and many other hunters who had the skill to do this, the reasoning for multi trapping (more specifically having more than 1 target CCed with freezing trap) was removed with no patch notes or forwarning (this causesed many O %*!@ moments for hunters who were used to using this mechanic)

and if this is intended to stay this way i have an arguement for its return i would like you too look at and posible present to the class design team (this arguement was a combination of many posts from the hunter community that was skilled enough to multi trap) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2089271665?page=1

ty

im really happy we got a blue reply but i and many other pve hunters would like to have the topic of multi trapping properly addressed
90 Worgen Hunter
Make steady shot/cobra shot usable while moving baseline and make fox do something different in my opinion...

This. Make Fox a worthwhile aspect to stick with in PVP and mobile steady and cobra shots baseline if you want to stop stance dancing.
85 Orc Hunter
I'm bracing myself..... This is why hunters are frustrated atm. Blizz doesnt even understand the working mechanics of this class. Now that this can of worms is opened. prepare for an aspect swapping nerf where it will........cost a GCD
85 Draenei Hunter
They need to have someone proof read these posts before they "open mouth insert foot"...

I started posting many many years ago, and one of the first things I learned was that even the slightest discrepancy in your facts will get picked up on immediately. If I wasn't 100% sure of my facts, I would either go to great lengths to be certain, or would simply avoid opening myself up to that kind of mistake.

I can only imagine if it was my job to know that was I was saying publicly was accurate.
85 Dwarf Hunter
Ugh, damn Blizzard forums screwed up and reposted something I posted in an entirely different thread when I went to edit my post here.

Anyway, since a Blizzard employee actually had the testicular fortitude to make a post and create a dialogue with hunters, especially with what you guys have been putting us through since the beta for Cataclysm came out.

What is your goal for hunters? What role are we supposed to fill?

Our damage can be healed through easily, or shrugged off entirely, especially with things like the buff to death strike, recuperate, and all the myriad of health regenerating abilities warriors have. We have no burst, our ability to stay mobile got nerfed for god knows why (I'm guessing ghostcrawler got his ass handed to him by an exceptional hunter and decided to make it so he can spell steal master's call).

You guys address PRIEST numbers in arena, when they're at 7% representation, and hunters are at ONE POINT SIX PERCENT. You outright ignore us constantly, are we even playing the same game? Do any of the developers even main a hunter? I mean, you guys will nerf us before you even address any of the bugs that have been lingering around for ages.

I am so close, YET AGAIN, to canceling my subscription because my favorite class keeps getting the short end of the stick.

Then I have to deal with the taunts from the other classes, rogues and mages making posts on the hunter forums, whining about low level BGs, getting shat on in BGs and arenas alike, always getting focused down because everyone knows hunters are free HKs.
Edited by Gamaliels on 2/22/2011 7:42 PM PST
90 Troll Hunter
02/22/2011 7:40 PMPosted by Karamok
They need to have someone proof read these posts before they "open mouth insert foot"...

I started posting many many years ago, and one of the first things I learned was that even the slightest discrepancy in your facts will get picked up on immediately. If I wasn't 100% sure of my facts, I would either go to great lengths to be certain, or would simply avoid opening myself up to that kind of mistake.

I can only imagine if it was my job to know that was I was saying publicly was accurate.

You would think then, that a person whos supposed to represent Blizzard would know just a teeny bit about the class he's talking about

Blizzard's ignorance in this thread has both shocked and appalled me, im glad I PvE mainly since PvP-wise something is horribly horribly wrong with Hunters, (2% representation in Arena, hurr durr keep nerfing)
85 Blood Elf Mage

this is understamdable though debatable on the effectiveness, now if you could clarify for me, and many other hunters who had the skill to do this, the reasoning for multi trapping (more specifically having more than 1 target CCed with freezing trap) was removed with no patch notes or forwarning (this causesed many O %*!@ moments for hunters who were used to using this mechanic)

and if this is intended to stay this way i have an arguement for its return i would like you too look at and posible present to the class design team (this arguement was a combination of many posts from the hunter community that was skilled enough to multi trap) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2089271665?page=1

ty

im really happy we got a blue reply but i and many other pve hunters would like to have the topic of multi trapping properly addressed

i would like to see this answered because on my hunter i greatly enjoyed multi trapping, and it was very helpful when i got in a pug random H that had no other CC than me
85 Dwarf Hunter
Ugh, damn Blizzard forums screwed up and reposted something I posted in an entirely different thread when I went to edit my post here.

Anyway, since a Blizzard employee actually had the testicular fortitude to make a post and create a dialogue with hunters, especially with what you guys have been putting us through since the beta for Cataclysm came out.

What is your goal for hunters? What roll are we supposed to fill?

Our damage can be healed through easily, or shrugged off entirely, especially with things like the buff to death strike, recuperate, and all the myriad of health regenerating abilities warriors have. We have no burst, our ability to stay mobile got nerfed for god knows why (I'm guessing ghostcrawler got his ass handed to him by an exceptional hunter and decided to make it so he can spell steal master's call).

You guys address PRIEST numbers in arena, when they're at 7% representation, and hunters are at ONE POINT SIX PERCENT. You outright ignore us constantly, are we even playing the same game? Do any of the developers even main a hunter? I mean, you guys will nerf us before you even address any of the bugs that have been lingering around for ages.

I am so close, YET AGAIN, to canceling my subscription because my favorite class keeps getting the short end of the stick.

Then I have to deal with the taunts from the other classes, rogues and mages making posts on the hunter forums, whining about low level BGs, getting shat on in BGs and arenas alike, always getting focused down because everyone knows hunters are free HKs.

It's obvious not one dev team member mains a hunter no ifs ands or buts...

While were at it how can you justify the lackluster performance of Blackarrow as a 31 point talent? lackluster is beig generous...

Not just that, why does COUNTERATTACK still even exist in its current form? What in the hell happened to our dodge? For an agility-based class, 5% dodge is not acceptable. Why does wyvern sting still only do 6k damage after it breaks, why is widow venom an absolute waste of focus, why isn't its effect baked into another ability like say...EVERY OTHER CLASS THAT HAS ONE? Why are hunters the ONLY DPS class that has no baseline self heal? What hunters have is negligible in comparison to rogues, warriors, deathknights, and even mages(glyph, but what pvp mage doesn't have that?). Why are our glyphs garbage overall compared to the other classes? Why are there so many synergy problems and discrepancies within our talent trees? Why was flare nerfed, meaning, it only reveals things now when the animation touches the ground. And don't go the "Realism" route with me, realistically, flares reveal from the sky, not the ground.

I could go on and on, but its been said to death by other people who are more eloquent than I, right now I am just mad as hell at Blizzard's total disregard for my favorite class. I have even tried changing mains since the Hunter class is hopeless, and this blue post doesn't help that hopelessness at all. Unfortunately for me, every other class bores me to tears, so I can't just hop on a flavor of the month class that isn't currently getting the crap shafted out of it.
Edited by Gamaliels on 2/22/2011 7:55 PM PST
85 Gnome Priest

If you attempt to explain to someone why you are working to alter the way they behave, and in their explanation they fail to show they understand how the current behavior works, then how can this person be taken as a legitimate source of authority? When the explanations of how the "new" systems should work and they are a factual inaccurate representation of reality, how can those who are asking for answers be satisfied?

Can I have the short version?

Will I be paired with another hunter in ~340 gear who does 13k AVERAGE FOR THE WHOLE DUNGEON in HoO again?

If so I think I'll level my hunter and let my other toons' mail expire.

This problem is actually not addressed at all. Currently Hunters are too awesome with terrible gear. Blizzard is attempting to fix this by lowering scaling granting static buffs to the class. If anything this change could exacerbate the undergeared hunter being too effective.

85 Orc Hunter

Marksmanship's burst damage in PvP was indeed higher than we wanted

Because they were doing so well, right?

Finally, we also wanted to let you know that Deterrence is functioning properly: Deterrence now provides 100% miss chance rather than 100% parry chance and remains in effect even if the hunter's weapon is disarmed, but it's still possible to temporarily delay a hunter’s use of Deterrence with the judicious use of disarm effects.

That's not "proper functionality," chief. The reason for the "must have a weapon equipped" pre-requisite when Deterrence was introduced was because the ability was using the parry mechanic -- now that it works with Miss, there's zero reason to leave an already gimp defensive cooldown attached to a pre-requisite nullified by a third of classes in the game.

Ice Block works while silenced, Deterrence doesn't work while disarmed? Brilliant.
Edited by Odïnson on 2/22/2011 7:55 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]