Feb 18th Hunter Hot"fixes"

90 Worgen Hunter
Blizz I'd sincerely urge you to talk directly with experienced hunters about our problems in both PVE and PVP if you're not familiar with how some of our mechanics work. We've posted online since the change was announced that the Aspect of the Hawk buff was a bad way to go with things. And that's just on this one issue.

There are quite a lot of other changes recently that have mostly PVP hunters but PVE as well worried. I'm sure there are a lot of great hunters that could give useful advice since this is the main they play and know the class like the back of their hand.

like me :)
Edited by Hollowpoint on 2/22/2011 8:05 PM PST
85 Orc Hunter
02/22/2011 7:04 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Are you aware how the change to aspect of the hawk promotes stance dancing for hunters again in PVP? This was a mechanic you wanted to avoid in WotLK by introducing Dragonhawk, a combination of monkey and hawk. Now its returned and its annoying.

Changing aspects appropriate to what you're doing isn't necessarily a problem. With the old Aspect of the Monkey, hunters would swap only when being attacked until they could make some space again. Ideally, a hunter who changes Aspects intends to stay in that Aspect for a little while, at least. Aspects cost a global cooldown, so using an aspect for only a very brief period of time, then that may not be the best decision.

We're okay with players making a tactical decision between a high damage, but less mobile Aspect, and an Aspect that offers mobile damage and focus generation.

Lol. This is just as bad as the "We're going to make Steady and Cobra scale with haste now!" post.

Aspects do NOT cost us a global cooldown.

Get on nerfing that.
8 Troll Hunter
can they just delete aspects already?

hunters have enough to manage without them (pets, traps, focus, and more)

switching aspects every few seconds is not fun or engaging, it's annoying
85 Dwarf Hunter
can they just delete aspects already?

hunters have enough to manage without them (pets, traps, focus, and more)

switching aspects every few seconds is not fun or engaging, it's annoying

I'm on board for this, I personally have about 45 keybinds I use regularly. My keyboard simply has no space left.
85 Human Hunter
02/22/2011 6:14 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Finally, we also wanted to let you know that Deterrence is functioning properly: once in use, Deterrence cannot be canceled by disarm effects, but it remains possible to temporarily delay a hunter’s use of Deterrence with the judicious use of disarm effects. In combination with some of the recent adjustments to melee mobility, Deterrence should still be more effective overall. We'll continue to keep an eye on it.

All right, but the patch notes clearly stated we would be able to use Deterrence while disarmed. Deterrence could NEVER be interrupted by disarming us, not even before the patch.
Edited by Tekemay on 2/22/2011 8:13 PM PST
50 Gnome Mage
Wow. just wow. I can't believe how completely Blizzard is bungling Hunter PvP. It's NEVER been this bad and it seems to only get worse.

You let an entire class languish for years as the worst arena class and you continue to make statements that show time and again that your understanding of a class YOU DESIGNED is lacking in so many areas.

Aspects are on their own GCD. Have been for a long time. It doesn't cost hunters anything except for macro space to switch to fox for steady shots.

Master's call NEVER had a 35s cooldown. You nerfed it by making it dispellable.

Deterrence USED to work with an offhand weapon while disarmed. Now does not.

And what the hell is up with the aimed shot cast time "change"? How long have we reported about the cast time and now you try to pawn it off like this is some kind of buff?

Your information is wrong. Your patch notes continue to be misleading or flat out incorrect. I mean come on! three sets of hotfix notes regarding aimed shot and aspect of the hawk because you can't even manage to get your nerfs right?

Even at the worst of times, I had at least a little faith that Blizzard would finally buck their 6 year long trend and make hunters a real PvP class like they were able to do with 9 other classes. I no longer have any faith that you will fix my class. Congrats, Blizzard. You've proved that Hunters are a lost cause. I will no longer try to fight for hunters. My posts in this forum are finished. My account will lapse and I will not renew. I am done with this farce.
40 Human Priest
Is aspect swapping fun? No. That's the bottom line. It's unfun and harder to play. Please rethink aspects.
85 Human Hunter
it’s true that we wanted to reduce Marksmanship burst in PvP

Marksmanship's burst damage in PvP was indeed higher than we wanted

Sweet, hunters were so overrepresented in arenas that we needed a PvP hotfix to bring our numbers down. 2% representation at high levels was obviously too high?
Edited by Tekemay on 2/22/2011 8:15 PM PST
Community Manager
I started posting many many years ago, and one of the first things I learned was that even the slightest discrepancy in your facts will get picked up on immediately. If I wasn't 100% sure of my facts, I would either go to great lengths to be certain, or would simply avoid opening myself up to that kind of mistake.

I agree, actually. I made a mistake, for which I apologize.
70 Night Elf Hunter
02/22/2011 5:29 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Marksmanship's burst damage in PvP was indeed higher than we wanted, and we felt that Aimed Shot was the best place to bring burst back into line, so we've reduced its damage, including the Aimed Shot! generated by the Master Marksman proc, by about 20%.

So, Warriors, Rets and Mages when shattering, have a ton more burst than hunters ever have. But hunter burst was too high?
85 Blood Elf Hunter
ok i want to address 2 things the first is adressed ast the players in this forum the second is at blizzard as a whole (if you havent scared the blue off already)
please try not to constantly belittle the blue, hes the messanger, the voice between us and the development team
please have the developer team meet with top end hunters and hunter theriocrafters to discuss the mechanics, general play style. bugs, and solutions to the hunter classs
this will help clarify to blizzard what their players see the hunter class as and how they see it, and they can try and find possible solutions that will be benefitial and balanced in both pve and pvp

some top end hunters would include the main contributers to warcrafthuntersunion (not saying there the best choice, but they are knowlegable on the class)
Edited by Alfavhunter on 2/22/2011 8:22 PM PST
85 Human Hunter
02/22/2011 7:04 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Aspects cost a global cooldown, so using an aspect for only a very brief period of time, then that may not be the best decision.

Aspects do not cost a global cooldown, and haven't since Wrath of the Lich King beta. So no, we are going to switch aspects for every single shot by macroing them into our shots. That's the only way we can compensate for your PvP nerf.
90 Worgen Hunter
Just remember Blizz, we want to help you. We just give you a hard time because we're really passionate about the class and want to be successful in all areas of the game. Look to the people that are passionate about their class to point you in the right direction when making changes.
85 Human Hunter
02/22/2011 8:17 PMPosted by ßowflex
Marksmanship's burst damage in PvP was indeed higher than we wanted, and we felt that Aimed Shot was the best place to bring burst back into line, so we've reduced its damage, including the Aimed Shot! generated by the Master Marksman proc, by about 20%.

So, Warriors, Rets and Mages when shattering, have a ton more burst than hunters ever have. But hunter burst was too high?

Yes, and our arena representation was so much higher than intended that they needed to implement an emergency hotfix.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]