How do YOU use Shadow dance.

I recently switched from Assassination to Sub and I didn't know that while Shadow dance was active, you could use openers multiple times.

I must say that Garrote + double Ambush on clothies is pretty sexy... Still, I feel pretty new at this and I have no idea how to use it properly.

So? How do YOU use Shadow dance?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Supporting Flag Carrier
Pop sprint and run backwards cheap shotting everyone.

Downing Flag Carrier
Pop sprint, garotte all the healers when their carrier gets low.

Killing Someone
5 point recuperate, 5 point KS, AMBUSHAMBUSHAMBUSHAMBUSHAMBUSHAMBUSH!
Reply Quote

Killing Someone
5 point recuperate, 5 point KS, AMBUSHAMBUSHAMBUSHAMBUSHAMBUSHAMBUSH!

:D

Feels pretty OP on a clothie with low resilience I must say.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
I'm still learning how to use it honestly. It doesn't seem to help vs hard to kill targets and everything else I don't really need it.
Reply Quote
02/22/2011 6:37 AMPosted by Fatmaggie
If you are well geared, you dont even need dance to kill a low resi clothie.

There's nothing like killing a mosquito with a flame thrower.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
If you are well geared, you dont even need dance to kill a low resi clothie.

There's nothing like killing a mosquito with a flame thrower.

Flame Trowers are the prefered mosquito killing tool everywhere.

and to the actual question just a few things for dance.

These are the fuses that fatmaggi was talking about

1) need to have a bleed up before you dance (see hemo glyph)
2) recupe need to be up before dance
3) should have a large amount of energy pooled ima gonna say 70% plus find out what works
4) Target needs to not have a meathod of escape from KS (trinks, AMS, pain supression, ect)
5) macro your AGI trink (if you have it yet) to your dance so you can save time.
6) let the fly swatting commence

Edit: I know supression does not get them out of KS but god that sucks when they do that while I dance
Edited by Umbralchaos on 2/22/2011 7:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
02/22/2011 7:20 AMPosted by Umbralchaos
5) macro your AGI trink (if you have it yet) to your dance so you can save time.

stupid question here: is the agi trink not on the gcd?
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
No its not.
Edited by Umbralchaos on 2/22/2011 7:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
How do I deal with the "prot" specs? Blood is very harsh to fight even with ambush spam via shadow dance
Reply Quote
02/22/2011 8:05 AMPosted by Vexaman
How do I deal with the "prot" specs? Blood is very harsh to fight even with ambush spam via shadow dance

Avoid Blood DKs. Simple as that. They are very easy to snare, just snare and run away. They don't hit vers hard, they don't have much burst and utilities as well.

Don't get trolled by Blood DKs.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Supporting Flag Carrier
Pop sprint and run backwards cheap shotting everyone.

LOL i never even thought of doing that

What i usually do is have recup up, KS, 2 ambushes probably will have about 5 or 4 cps, Eviserate (with relentless strike it should bring your energy up again) then ambush again and then garrote right when they're coming out of KS (especially if mage)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
The HOW part of using shadow dance is quite different from normal play. If I'm fighting a caster I'll usually start with garotte into ambush, be careful to spend your combo points they accumulate fast as ambush has an extremely high crit (when improved) chance and can generate 2-3 combo points (if hat procs) for 40 energy. This also gives you find weakness which in area is essential for bursting someone down.

I usually shadow dance, garotte, 2-3x ambush (with evis in between), KS, smoke bomb, backstab 2-3x, evis, vanish, prep, CS, smoke bomb, 2x backstab, evis, when I'm trying to land a killing blow in 3s.

I find backstab actually hits harder than ambush, when find weakness is up, but I'll favor spamming ambush while shadowdance is up to have the longest find weakness uptime. Ambush also costs 5 more energy than backstab if your backstab crits (glyph).

I don't like to use CS because it diminishes with KS, however this only applies if KS is not on cooldown. If I'm switching targets looking for a kill and KS is down, CS all the way.

I also macro my engineering agi proc gloves to shadowdance, for that little extra damage when the enemy is exposed with 70% armor penn.

Goodluck dancing! remember 2x smoke bomb is amazing.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Rogue
Well generally in bgs I save it for clothies and healers. I usually time it when they are getting close to dying or when I need the clinch garrote silence to finish them off.

In arenas I use it whenever my partner Deep freezes we usually wear down the team then when we go in for the kill he deep freezes I Dance with my trinket proceed with ambushes saving my garrote for the end so if they would live coming out they are silenced. Other times Ill use it as a pressure to silence and unload some damage to throw the healer off.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Macro'd with my on use Agi PvP trink... 3 20k+ Ambushes in a row makes me happy.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
sdance is for blowing up dks :D
Reply Quote
89 Undead Rogue
As stated above Garrote on casters for the silencing effect and Ambush or CS for melee. But thats just the start of if... every situation is different so use it as such.

Also the macroed trinket/dance is priceless.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
If you're going for straight up damage, the best way is 5pt kidney (with recup and preferably SnD running) and then dance, premed ambush (should be macrod), evis, ambush ambush evis ambush.

Both eviscerates should be 5cp due to HaT unless you have ridiculously bad RNG and an ambush doesn't crit.

If you're going for peels than it is totally situational depending on the classes you're peeling & what they're on DR for.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]