DK Blood as DPS

85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I am an unholy DK still gearing up for level 85, but i was able to do around 10k dps before the patch, now I am doing between 6k-7k. nothing changed, exept the patch.

I have a blood tank talent set up for when I feel like tanking (not for a while, since I barely know the new instances)

Anyway, while solo PVE'ing I have been messing around with staying in Blood, My DPS is nearly the same as unholy, but I end fights with full health, rather than with nearly no health.

So, i tried to do an instance as DPS in blood talents, but in unholy presence. I was doing about 7.5k, but was nearly always at full health. The tank, was all over me saying that blood is a tank build, and that I needed to be in unholy, so, after arguing with him for a few minutes, I switched to Unholy. Damage dropped by about 500 dps, and I died 3 times.

Is there any reason I shouldnt be able to DPS in Blood talents, but with unholy presence?

Reply Quote
because when geared, reforged, gemmed chanted properly unholy blows blood out of the water?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Regardless of what you can do DPS-wise in Blood, as a DPS role, you should not be in blood.

One word - THREAT.

Your dps gear + blood presence is terrible to overcome for a tank.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Not to sound rude, but if you're only pulling 7k in a dps spec at 85, regaurdless of item level, you're doing it wrong. I'm not gonna tell you How2Play, but if you even just skim any of the dedicated websites for it, youll increase your dps by atleast 50%. Probably even double it if you want.
Reply Quote
75 Worgen Death Knight
Blood gaze would you be kind enough to share these websites you speak of? I'm trying to learn how to properly play a DK and these sites would really help.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Death Knight
I wouldn't have a problem with you dpsing in unholy presence, tank spec. You'll just be terrible at dps, but the threat wouldn't be great.

Since the patch, unholy may have had the gemming and enchanting priorities mixed up, so re-read elitist jerks or whereever you get your info.

Myself, I'm a fan of Frost dual wield for DPS. It's a slower pace, being in frost presence.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
02/19/2011 6:27 PMPosted by Viktorr
Blood gaze would you be kind enough to share these websites you speak of? I'm trying to learn how to properly play a DK and these sites would really help.

elitistjerks.com for one.
Reply Quote
My DPS spech is from
http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t110294-unholy_dps_%7C_cataclysm_4_0_6_missing_frame/

As well as my rotation (priority), as well as the Macros and add-ons.

I constantly reference their website.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]