BloodElf Druids

80 Blood Elf Mage
Well hey,Im not a big time on lore so I really have no idea what too 100% think. People tell me BloodElfs used to be nightelfs ect ect. Arcane magic happens. Boom. Bloodelfs lol. But Im just saying couldnt lore wise be a group of belf druids banished from their land for practicing bad magic. Idk. blizzard may have surprises hidden in lore. :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
night elfs are also mages cause the kaldorie came back into alliance with nightelf.
Blood elfs used to be kaldorie not the nightelfs
blood elfs have no druidistic abilities and as shown in lore will never become druid cause it makes as much sense to make a gnome a druid then a blood elf

If you go far back blood elfs are nightelfs. arcane magic made bloodelfs and nightelfs stay nature.
And all im saying is blood elfs could return to their roots and begin nature magic :)

Blood Elves had nothing to do with natural forces! Holy crap! We've been over and over this! Stop typing and start reading! Comprehend what people are saying before you respond!
Edited by Ikagawa on 2/20/2011 11:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Blood Elves had broken off from the Night Elves when their source of Arcane magics was broken 10,000 years ago during War of the Ancients, At that time there was only ONE druid, Malfurion, who everyone else in the Night Elf community thought was crazy for his non-arcane flaunting ways. Even his brother, Illidan, thought that Malfurion's form of magic was weak and sub-par. So even if the Blood Elves were to "remember" or "go back to their roots" they would be exactly where they are now: a lust for Arcane magics with no taste for Nature magics. The ONLY reason we have Tauren druids is because Blizzard wanted to add balance to the Class/Spec options available, so they tied druidism into Tauren, who are the closest thing to a natural race, being shamanistic and having respect for the nature and the elements themselves.
Edited by Konungr on 2/20/2011 12:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Just give every class to every race while you're at it.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Really...? Are we really arguing about class availibilty and not the actually class itself..!?!??
stop taking up forum space with such stupid threads like these. I really wonder this is one of the reasons why they never take a look at the druid forums

/facedesk lol
Edited by Xukko on 2/20/2011 12:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I'd rather see gnome druids than belf druids. If for some reason they made belf druids, they could NOT be allowed to have bear form. Belfs are just too girly to be bears.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The last thing we need is another reason for blood elves to become even more common than 40% of the horde.
Edited by Pemulis on 2/20/2011 1:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
02/20/2011 11:18 AMPosted by Aldreneck
i thought we'd see NE shamans before mages, but i guess i was wrong...

Why? Night Elves started out as an Arcane Magic race.

I really wonder this is one of the reasons why they never take a look at the druid forums

They don't look at ANY class forums.

02/20/2011 1:09 PMPosted by Pemulis
The last thing we need is another reason for blood elves to become even more common than 40% of the horde.

Agreed, Tauren Druids are just fine.

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Ouch..I read this whole thread and i think a few braincells popped from all the double and tripple posting from the same guy.

Ok, long story short.

Druids are druids from obtaining balance with nature (or a degree of it).

You dont obtain said balance from sucking on the Blood Elf Magic Hookah, and marveling at the colors..

Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I would like to make a point. WoW "Druids" use both ARCANE magic and NATURE magic.

Given that wouldn't it be reasonable for Bloodelfs to strive to amster the way of the Druid to farther inhance there knowlege of all things magic? To further manipulatie the world around them?

On that same note wouldnt it be reasonable for any race that practices druidic ways would also be inclined to study the arcane in order to procure more power for themselfs?
I mean whats the worse that could happen? Its not like they would all turn evil and cause the destruction of a big tree and sacrifice the immortallity of thier own race.

Anyway... in conclusion. Arguing that anything "makes sense" over anything else in WoW is a waste of time. Becuase if things did make sense Worgen would be horde and Pandas wouldn't be the new and only player charater race in the the game.

Peace.
Reply Quote
No, No, and No a thousand times over. And what race is the alliance suppoused to get that can become druids. The entire culture of blood elves is based around arcane magic and siphoning it, not doing anything with nature . This makes no sense and will never happen. Quel-Dori have been in the lore since Vanilla, thats why they are Night-Elf Mages . Now /shoo, Cleche Blood Elf.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
NO
Reply Quote
There is nothing natural about this necro <_<
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
02/19/2011 09:50 PMPosted by Xxdark
Blood Elf Druids

No.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You have got to be kidding me
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'd rather not.

If it does have to happen though, I hope Blizzard at least tweaks the lore. Make the Blood Elf Druids not true druids at all, but a specialized sort of Mage that uses Arcane magic to mimic Druidic powers. Make them Druids from a game system perspective, but in lore, have them just be highly specialized mages. If it's not too difficult to code, hell, make them go to the Mage trainer to respec to drive this point home. Make it clear that while they can succesfully imitate the rank and file of druidry, they will *never* achieve the heights of Malfurion Stormrage or Hamuul Runetotem in mastery of the druidic arts.

That would make some amount of sense.
Reply Quote
I'd rather not.

If it does have to happen though, I hope Blizzard at least tweaks the lore. Make the Blood Elf Druids not true druids at all, but a specialized sort of Mage that uses Arcane magic to mimic Druidic powers. Make them Druids from a game system perspective, but in lore, have them just be highly specialized mages. If it's not too difficult to code, hell, make them go to the Mage trainer to respec to drive this point home. Make it clear that while they can succesfully imitate the rank and file of druidry, they will *never* achieve the heights of Malfurion Stormrage or Hamuul Runetotem in mastery of the druidic arts.

That would make some amount of sense.

^ This. I can actually see this happening. I mean, they did it with Sin'dorei Paladins, just in a different sense.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]